UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

thermionic 6th Aug 2015 7:53 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Many thanks to TonyDuell for providing a copy of the Thorens TD125 MK1 service manual. Also, to Rich (MPT4) for also offering a copy.

It takes time to scan & post these up, so gentlemen, I am in your debt!

SimonT.

MarkAT6 7th Aug 2015 3:08 pm

Thanks to Mick (SnafuAgain) for supplying Fidelity HF42 parts & restoration advice.

Mark

Phil G4SPZ 9th Aug 2015 10:14 am

Many thanks Andy (Dr Wobble) for the old lamp and for the offer of the Avo terminal posts - much appreciated. I'll get the valves off to you on Monday week.

Ti Pwun 10th Aug 2015 11:36 am

Thank you to Paul (Donstuff) for the Europhon super professional radio. Very much appreciated - it will be a great addition to my workshop.

Skywave 10th Aug 2015 12:25 pm

This post relates to:
https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=118342
which was prematurely closed, but here I can express my thanks to dom10161 for the Intel motherboard he sent to me.
My problem with the associated PC (re the above link) has now been solved.

Al. / Skywave / Aug. 10, '15 //

Nymrod121 12th Aug 2015 9:28 pm

Many thanks to Studio263 (Tim) for the Tektronix 7613 mainframe storage 'scope c/w 2 x 7A18 and 1 x 7B53 modules.

All found to be in full working order; the CRT image is clear, bright and unburnt; all pots and switches seem in good shape - and overall, this superb example of 'Tek-manship' is in remarkably good physical condition, as evidenced by the 'calibration void' stickers having remained undisturbed since their application at MSL Hitchin in 1993.

More icing on the cake .... in the form of pristine copies of the '7613 Operator's Manual' and all relevant Service manuals.

Tim, your kindness is greatly appreciated! :)

Best wishes

Guy

Miguel Lopez 13th Aug 2015 1:32 pm

Thanks to Alan and Susanne, for the time that we spent together in Havana yesterday, and the nice conversation that we had. We spent two hours talking about a lot of subjects and the time flew. I feel that I left a lot to talk about, but then my wife and I had to leave as transportation takes us about two and a half hours to return home.

Alan and Susanne gave me a wonderful Selena radio. It looks "brand new, althought in this case I should say it is "new old stock". The radio sounds very well and it is the new jewel in my little collection of Soviet radios.

Bless you both Alan and Susanne

bobhowe 13th Aug 2015 9:35 pm

Thanks to Ed Dinning for custom winding me a Transformer ( The Usual High Standard ) for a Leak Point One Stereo valve preamp

Ti Pwun 13th Aug 2015 10:53 pm

Big thanks to Martin (G8UWM-MildMartin) for the uA723HC voltage regs.

Also, to Mike Barker for rewinding a coil for me.

Restoration73 21st Aug 2015 5:42 pm

Thanks to Steve (music centre) for the nice Grundig.
Thanks to Andy (Dr Wobble) for the nice Sony U-matic.

Tony

Phil G4SPZ 22nd Aug 2015 8:35 am

Thanks very much to Andy (Dr Wobble) for the terminals :wave:

Diabolical Artificer 23rd Aug 2015 6:44 am

A big thankyou to Phil for some valves; a gentleman as always.

Andy.

mdonohoe 23rd Aug 2015 1:25 pm

Thank you to MartiR2R for Vidor chassis and for patience in handling packaging and delivery.

Martin.

Nymrod121 24th Aug 2015 9:17 pm

(1) Many thanks to Peter (oodpeter) for the Tektronix 453 oscilloscope, 2 x probes (one being a Tektronix P6105!) and *original* operators'/maintenance manual - all in excellent condition;

(2) Many thanks to Robin (robinshack) for the Schomandl ND100 frequency reference generator, plus a photocopy of the operators'/maintenance manual and a folder of interesting and useful notes made by a previous owner on its operating principles.

A pleasure to meet you both yesterday. Thank you!

Best wishes
Guy

gezza123 26th Aug 2015 8:30 pm

Thanks to David (Factory) for the TAYLOR 67a signal generator today, and a pleasure to have met you.:thumbsup:
gezza123

Ti Pwun 27th Aug 2015 5:58 pm

Thanks to Andy (Dr Wobble) for the ferrite slugs he sent. Perfect fit.

stumted2 28th Aug 2015 11:16 am

Many, many thanks to Barry (Audio1950) for his very much appreciated kind gift of turntable instruction and very kind words, and who refused point blank to accept payment of any kind, not even for P&P.
One day I hope I may be able to repay the debt of help and kindness I owe to forum members, by freely donating any bits or parts that I have, as others have done before me.
Cheers, Ted.

Cobaltblue 28th Aug 2015 9:13 pm

I would like to say a big thank you to Richard (Mr Moose) for the Cossor Synchronised tuner lid.

Hopefully I can return the favour someday :thumbsup:

Cheers

Mike T

HamishBoxer 31st Aug 2015 6:30 pm

Big thank you to m0cemdave for going to the trouble of transporting the Pye Rack.

gezza123 2nd Sep 2015 7:01 pm

Many thanks to (David/Factory) for sending me the
HP 1742A TV SYNC MODIFICATION KIT Details.:thumbsup:

gezza123