UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Mikey66 24th Apr 2015 11:09 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Another thank you to KeithsTV for finding the TX9 flap and to Bobbyball for collecting it from Golborne for me.

Karen O 26th Apr 2015 8:55 pm

Hi,

I just wanted to thank Steve (Colourstar) for the radios he sold me in this thread:

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=115091

The Bush is working beautifully with my new modulator. So I now have Serenade on tap ;D

I have only one concern: it is on a shelf on the party wall. I might put a piece of carpet under it, just in case Paul Robeson's lower registers find their way into my neighbour's front room :o

Leon Crampin 2nd May 2015 9:44 pm

Many thanks to Martin Bush for a most generous postage allowance for a DAC90A grille which I sent to him. Much appreciated.

Leon.

Martin Bush 3rd May 2015 8:27 pm

You are welcome. I find help every way I turn on here so only too glad to try to repay people's kindness... and seeing as I can't offer much in the way of technical expertise I must try to pay what I owe :)

Thanks to Leon and everyone who has helped me so far with kit and advice.

HamishBoxer 7th May 2015 3:31 pm

Many Thanks to TIMS for Sanyo Beta machine plus tapes.

David

Ti Pwun 8th May 2015 5:32 pm

Big thanks to Ray (happytiger) for the box of bits and pieces. Very useful stuff.

Mike Phelan 9th May 2015 9:14 am

A belated thanks to Mikey405 for the electric "coal burner" fire, now de-spidered and in excellent working order.

Reelman 13th May 2015 10:43 pm

A big thank-you to Chris (Kipperdog) who not only passed on some good kit for free but also delivered it for me!
Cheers mate!
Peter

paulsherwin 15th May 2015 2:28 pm

Thanks to Nick (Nickthedentist) for the Dyson motor and Roku box, Richard (mole42uk) for the radios and Nigel (vinylspinner) for the assorted hifi bits. Nigel also helped out with FCS duties. Much appreciated all.

Humber888 15th May 2015 3:04 pm

Thanks go to Chris Wilson for generously donating a couple of knobs with good skirts for my Tektronix 475 - and for refusing any recompense. Cheers!

Mike

vinylspinner 16th May 2015 10:02 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulsherwin (Post 762237)
Thanks to Nick (Nickthedentist) for the Dyson motor and Roku box, Richard (mole42uk) for the radios and Nigel (vinylspinner) for the assorted hifi bits. Nigel also helped out with FCS duties. Much appreciated all.

Thanks Paul, nice to meet you yesterday and many thanks for the valves, hope some of the old hifi will of use to you.

Also a big thank you to Nick for the Tandberg, hope to get it working soon.

Nigel

Ti Pwun 20th May 2015 1:47 pm

Many thanks to Nigel (VinylSpinner) for the two pieces of wood he sent. Life saver!

Restoration73 22nd May 2015 9:16 am

Thanks to Tim (Studio263) for the BRC doubler.

Tony

Thyristor 22nd May 2015 5:58 pm

A big thank you to crudmeister for the Belling-Lee connector for my Advance DVM5 voltmeter.

And especially, a massive thank you to gingpeakin for the Advance DVM5 bits; yielding a plethora of switches, buttons, lamps and useful spares.

Despite my repeated attempts, gingpeakin refused to accept any payment, and even dropped them round!
Great to meet you, Ging, and thank you, you're a rock-star! :thumbsup:

Ti Pwun 24th May 2015 5:02 pm

Many thanks to Steve (regentone001) for the Regentone P21 radio. Nice addition to my collection.

lazythread 26th May 2015 11:10 am

Big thanks to PsychMan (Adam) for the free Garrard SP25III.

vinylspinner 7th Jun 2015 10:30 am

A very big and belated thank you to Chris aka kipperdog for all of the bits and bobs he gave away foc, I will be making a list over the coming months and offering some of the components to other members here.

Nigel

Miguel Lopez 10th Jun 2015 2:38 pm

Thanks to my friends Andy (aka Dr Wobble) and Chris (aka Herald1360) for send me a parcel with a lot of components for my projects and experiments, including three 807 valves for the PP amplifier project.

Andy also sent my a disc with his music and a hand-made knife.

Thanks

Damo666 17th Jun 2015 6:01 pm

A thank you to Chris (Herald1360) for sending the Realistic handheld CB'S.

Many thanks mate.

Phil G4SPZ 22nd Jun 2015 12:24 pm

Grateful thanks to Tony (Restoration 73) for the IW3 rectifier. The stamps are on their way! :thumbsup: