UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

deliverance 10th Jul 2019 9:51 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Thanks to Andy (Diabolical Artificer) for the cable good stuff .

Backtoreality 11th Jul 2019 12:19 pm

Thanks to Martin for the "Strad" which I picked up on Tuesday. It was good to meet Martin and have a long natter!

deliverance 29th Jul 2019 12:50 pm

Thanks to Paul ( kaylee99) for the Redifon R50M also for the brew and the chat .

jayceebee 29th Jul 2019 11:38 pm

Thanks go to Richard (Slidertogrid) for saving and offering the ICC5 59P7. I will be starting a thread on it's hopeful eventual repair but it may be some time as I'm working silly amounts of overtime at the moment due to staff shortages at work.

John.

HamishBoxer 30th Jul 2019 5:15 pm

Thank you David Simpson for the A3 Pye Service Rack scans that arrived v.quickly.

Best Regards,

David

Nickthedentist 31st Jul 2019 9:34 am

Many thanks to Ian, Northyorks1, for the lovely DAC90A case.

It's in fine condition and will get another "scrap" set up and running.

Brilliant packing too!

Nick.

MurphyNut 31st Jul 2019 10:04 am

Many thanks the David (HamishBoxer) for putting me in-touch with some very useful Murphy parts.

John M0GLN 31st Jul 2019 11:48 am

Many thanks to 'Norman Raeburn' for sending me the resistors and with very fast delivery.
Best Regards
John

Ted Kendall 31st Jul 2019 2:06 pm

A well packed clutch of Quad literature has just arrived from Greg Simons.

Many thanks, Greg!

mole42uk 2nd Aug 2019 11:46 am

Thank you Terry (Terry VK5TM) for sorting the logarithmic scale artwork for my Radford LDO3 renovation.

Kentode 2nd Aug 2019 12:01 pm

Many thanks to David G4EBT for the super Variac , complete with original packaging and instructions.

Cheers David:beer:

The Philpott 2nd Aug 2019 6:56 pm

Thankyou Norman R for the offer of resistors, and Thankyou Peter for the nicely packed repro printed plates.
Dave

Mikey66 10th Aug 2019 2:15 pm

A big thank you to Richard_FM for the Panasonic TX-G10 & to Pastyboy for the two Bang & Olufsen receivers.

Cobaltblue 10th Aug 2019 2:47 pm

A big thank you to Alvin for the EKCO Princess very nicely packed as well.

Thanks Alvin :thumbsup:

Cheers

Mike T

Sean Williams 14th Aug 2019 9:10 pm

Many thanks are due to David Simpson for his hospitality (and box of valves) Monday afternoon, just the thing after a 550 mile drive :)

The Philpott 15th Aug 2019 12:20 pm

Thanks muchly Graham for the Remploy iron and the Cassette Recorder.
Dave

David Simpson 16th Aug 2019 10:26 am

Tis myself & "Keithcan" who are greatly in debt to Sean Williams for his door - to - door collection & delivery of a huge piece of test equipment. Beyond the call of duty of a simple FCS action. All done whilst following a hectic work schedule.

Regards, & Many Thanks to Sean, David

terrybull 16th Aug 2019 6:26 pm

Thank you Donald Scott for the DVD writer sent entirely at his own cost. ��

Chris55000 16th Aug 2019 10:18 pm

Hi!

And from me to Member "Woodchips" Bob Worsley for the Feedback Instruments and other gear offered to me at a very reasonable price!

Chris Williams

Goldie99 17th Aug 2019 12:19 pm

Many thanks to WaveyDipole for the Transformer & Laney Amp boards which arrived safely this morning, for the cost of postage only. Much appreciated.

Best regards,
Alan

cathoderay57 17th Aug 2019 2:52 pm

Many thanks to "Sideband" for kindly offering chassis parts etc for Philips 170A restoration. Also grateful to eBay Mick Scholes (maybe not a Forum member but former Mullard employee) for fair dealings on bakelite cabinet. Cheers, Jerry

Phil G4SPZ 18th Aug 2019 10:09 pm

On behalf of the Black Country Living Museum's curators, a very grateful thank-you to Jeremy, a.k.a. Pamphonica, for the rare Pam 710 volume control knob, sent at his own expense too :clap:

Phil G4SPZ 18th Aug 2019 10:16 pm

Thanks are also due to Chris ("Herald1360") for the Semikron diode packs to repair my heavy duty battery charger, much appreciated :thumbsup:

Chris55000 22nd Aug 2019 2:39 pm

Hi!

And more very grateful thanks to Member Dave G4EBT for help with the "Ladybird Transistor Radio" parts, very generously donated to me and on the way!

Chris WIlliams

David Simpson 24th Aug 2019 6:08 pm

Many thanks to Norman Raeburn for two EF95's. Regards, David

llama 28th Aug 2019 9:13 am

Many thanks to ted_ntsx for the variometer (19-set type) and for hanging onto it for long enough for me to arrange pick up.

Just need to re-instate its Pye connector and get it used!
Graham

martin.m 29th Aug 2019 8:54 pm

Many thanks to Andy (Diabolical Artificer) who went out of his way to transfer an Internet video onto DVD and send it to me in the post.

Radio_Dave 29th Aug 2019 9:34 pm

A big thank you to Barry (Audio1950) for his help and generosity with parts to get my HMV 201 gramophone back into full working order;).

Best Regards
David

Keithcan 1st Sep 2019 5:26 pm

Just found this 'Thanks' thread and although I've only been a member for a short while I have a few people to thank already.

Firstly to Mike (Crackle) for responding to my request for advice on record players and then offering me a nice one for a very reasonable price. Sadly this was lost in transit by Hermes which was a great shame as it was a relatively rare unit.

Next is David Simpson for gifting me a Pye Workshop Rack which now sits proudly on my workbench.

Although David lives a few hundred mile from me the reason I was able to take the rack is thanks solely to Sean Williams for picking it up from David and actually going a out of his way to deliver it direct to my door on his way home. A star in my book.

Then we have Phil G4SPZ who replied to my wanted ad for an Avo. Thanks to him I now have a really nice Model 8 that would be worthy of being in any collection.

Finally thanks to Stephen 'Freya' for gifting me a pair of Pye plugs for the above test rack.

What wonderful people there are on this site. I only hope I can contribute something in return in the future.

Keith.

deliverance 2nd Sep 2019 5:04 pm

A grateful thanks to Dave (m0cemdave) for all his help and extra bits . Very pleased with the Atalanta it's a nice one thank you .

mole42uk 6th Sep 2019 12:41 pm

Thanks to Mark Hennessy for the Solartron and Philips test instruments. And the tea!

cathoderay57 6th Sep 2019 3:05 pm

Thanks once more to Sideband for going above and beyond the call of duty in providing a replacement Philips 170A cabinet together with chassis fixings, knobs and baffle board. This will enable another scrap chassis to be returned to use.
Jerry

ben 9th Sep 2019 9:32 pm

Thanks to two generous forum members are due from me.

-To Nickthedentist, for the tapes he picked up, and then sent me at his own expense.

- Also to Audio1950 for the gift of the flexidiscs, which are a great addition to my collection of audio oddities!

Reelman 11th Sep 2019 4:13 pm

Many thanks to G4YVM David for the Sony tapes, very grateful. They will please my granddaughter! By the time she starts school will cassettes be common again or out of favour I wonder?
Thanks again,
Peter

Cobaltblue 16th Sep 2019 2:38 pm

Like to thank David AKA Captainpugwash for picking up the Ever Ready Sky Emperor from Paul RK, parcelling it up and sending to me down here in Poole.

It was much appreciated its not a small set :thumbsup:

Also like to convey my thanks to Paul RK for gifting it in the first place :thumbsup:

Cheers Guys

Nymrod121 16th Sep 2019 8:20 pm

Many thanks to Jan (Wavey Dipole) and Alan (Goldie99) re. yesterday's meet-up at Leicester.
The Tek 'scope is now with its new custodian and Alan's a happy bunny with his Farnell PSU from Mark Hennessy.
Nice to see you, gents! :thumbsup:
Guy

Reelman 18th Sep 2019 8:47 pm

A special thank you to Norman Raeburn for generously sending out the caps and diodes at no charge.
That was really good of you, cheers.
Peter

Chris55000 21st Sep 2019 2:08 am

Hi!

My grateful thanks to Member "ATS Bod" Jim Knowles for the donation of a Mullard E7600 uncompleted Valve tester for parts, a "Texscan" Sweep Generator for FM Radio alignment and a few other odds and ends!

(Technical note for Jimbo!)

He said the Video Amplifier Module was different to the one shown in the book I got with it but I found the circuit in the book for the VS-50 Model on k04BB matches the topology and layout of the one I've got with just a few component-value changes!

I just need to find out what size screws I need for the module and order a few 220Ω carbon composition resistors from Mouser now!

Chris Williams

jayceebee 22nd Sep 2019 9:01 pm

A big thank you to Mike, Dual Standard for the FOC A44-120W CRT.

John.

Viscount 23rd Sep 2019 6:56 pm

i would like to say thanks to all on this site for their advise ,it is truly amazing the amount of info out there from so many experts (of which im i am far from one)it doesnt seem to matter if you are an expert or novice the advice is always without prejudice,keep up the good work all and thanks again

Phil G4SPZ 24th Sep 2019 12:02 am

A very kind thought, Viscount, which I’m sure will be appreciated by many :thumbsup: Thank you for posting.

paulsherwin 24th Sep 2019 9:22 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reelman (Post 1177357)
A special thank you to Norman Raeburn for generously sending out the caps and diodes at no charge.
That was really good of you, cheers.
Peter

Thanks to Norman from me too. A generous gesture.

Karen O 25th Sep 2019 2:39 am

A few years ago I took a ton of data books off the hands of a member from a lovely part of Bristol. I am remiss in that I have forgotten his name/ID.

I have found fascination in these books, partly through stirring memories of chips from yesteryear, and partly through the excellent application notes that some of these books contain. I can find almost any data sheet on t'interweb yet nothing comes close to a real book in your hand.

I have had particular pleasure thumbing a copy of Lesea and Zaks 'Microprocessor interfacing techniques', that was amongst the books I acquired. I owned a copy of this book many years ago but lost it following a company collapse. It is really lovely to have a copy again.

Thanks are due to the person who gave me these books, whoever you are :)

'LIVEWIRE?' 29th Sep 2019 1:45 pm

Echoing Viscount, I would like to say Thank You to all forum members who have, over the years, helped me out with advice, and quite often supplied me with difficult to obtain items without which I couldn't have completed some projects or repairs. This, and other forums (Fora?) and the members are a very good way to exchange ideas, information, and to source parts. However did we all manage before the advent of the internet??

HamishBoxer 8th Oct 2019 3:16 pm

Many thanks to WendyMott for the coils.

Regards,

David

HamishBoxer 8th Oct 2019 3:18 pm

Many Thanks Diabolical Artificer for the switch.

Regards,

David

tritone 9th Oct 2019 9:50 am

An old Amp

Only thanks to you guys around here, aka,, Andy, Radio Wrangler, station x, Trevor, paulsherwin, Ed, G6Tanuki, trobbins, and all of you geniuses that I have a hit list that’s too long to mention all of you, that hang out here have helped me out big time !

I Salute you all !

Please keep it coming fella’s, I can and will give back.

Here’s a shot that Andy, Ed, and Radio Wrangler, and paulsherwin, helped me out with,
Another shot of my front door if you ever want to call in for a cup of tea and and shoot the breeze !

This forum is the best !

Thanks Guys,

Tritone. :)

Herald1360 15th Oct 2019 11:27 pm

ParcGwyn and Karen O have now relieved my garage of a shelf's worth of Brimar 'scope tubes.

Thanks guys and gals!

Gi4CZW Cliff 18th Oct 2019 3:01 pm

" terry123 " has helped me, by hunting-down/scanning/sending a copy of Practical Mechanics October 1952 for part 2 of a construction article on a hand loom. I know Fred will be please as he only had part 1 and has been waiting some time. For me reading the 1952 pages was a delight. So not everything is on the 'net. Terry thank you.
Gi4CZW Cliff.

Chris55000 18th Oct 2019 8:07 pm

Hi!

My grateful thanks to Mod. "AC/HL" Bill for putting me in touch with a non-member called Chris Flippard who offered me some Uno Lettering Stencil fonts.

Chris has made some beautiful facsimiles of the British Styles of letters used by the Magazine Publishers from the 1940s to the 1970s that are indistinguishable from the original ones printed in the magazines!

Out of respect to Chris and his hard work I'll wait till he gives me the nod, and then I'll post the files for everyone to use as soon as he does so!

Chris Williams