UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Skywave 15th Dec 2017 9:20 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Ref.: A recent thread asking for help about an HP 8640B sig. gen.

Just a quick "thank you" to the various members who helped me to clear the fog out of my mind when faced with what - at first - looked like a repair headache to clear. A repair was not necessary! :-]

Al. / Dec. 15, 2017 //

mole42uk 16th Dec 2017 1:13 pm

Thanks to chriswood1900 for the Laskys Dolby B noise reducer. An interesting project!

eddie_ce 22nd Dec 2017 6:38 pm

Thanks to Dave (dazzlevision) for kindly selling me an original 1957 service manual and for his superb packaging.

Skywave 24th Dec 2017 11:49 am

My sincere thanks to everyone who helped me to unscramble a very strange and recent fault here about g-mail failure. Despite many years of experience with I.T. maintenance, that was probably the most bizarre and frustrating scenario that I can recall having to deal with. :devil: But it had a happy ending. :)

And a merry Christmas to you all! ;)

Al.

Skywave 30th Dec 2017 4:18 pm

I very much appreciate the extensive assistance I received here in trying to fathom out why a Thomson TG585 v.7 4-port router would not work with my newly installed broadband fibre connection. In particular, a big 'Thank you' to Paul Sherwin who also outlined the differences in the hardware and comms. software between ADSL and VDSL.
Without recourse to this Forum I strongly suspect that I would never have discovered why and would, eventually and reluctantly, have given up and remained in perpetual ignorance. >((

Thank you, everyone.

Al.

yampy187 30th Dec 2017 7:58 pm

Many thanks to Steve (colourstar) for the Indesit television. It was a pleasure to meet you :)

Jan

Nymrod121 3rd Jan 2018 9:02 pm

Many thanks to Dave (sobell1980) for not only giving me a Roberts RIC2 and Hacker RP31 free of charge but also arranging 'home delivery'. I look forward to being able to return the favour in due course :)
Best wishes
Guy

sobell1980 3rd Jan 2018 11:03 pm

No problem Guy. I look forwards to hearing of their progress. Enjoy.
Regards
Dave.

vinylspinner 4th Jan 2018 8:23 am

A big thank you to Ken ( ambientnoise ) for the Beomaster tuner amp and the nice Shure cartridge he gave me.

Many thanks Ken

Nickthedentist 8th Jan 2018 1:19 pm

Thanks very much to both Graham (Station X) and Roger (RojDW48), for sending me a 1990s BT phone and a 1950s Goodmans 10" LS, both FOC.

I hope I'm able to return the favour sometime.

Nick.

electronicskip 8th Jan 2018 8:06 pm

Many thanks to SiriusHardware for remembering me and sending me the little
CB Handheld, twin to the one he sent last year.

Kevin Hoyland 11th Jan 2018 8:31 am

A big Thank You to AC/HL for the 1632 Signal Generator .
Thank You.
Kevin.

frankmcvey 12th Jan 2018 9:42 pm

Many thanks to Wendy for the valves and valve bases she sent me; very useful and much appreciated.

Cheers,

Frank

poppydog 14th Jan 2018 10:27 pm

Thanks very much to Freya for my signal generator, I am very pleased.
Regards
Poppydog

SiriusHardware 15th Jan 2018 11:31 pm

Thanks to KeithsTV for his original patient efforts to scan the manual and diagrams for the Farnell SSG520 synthesised signal generator, and for then emailing a copy to me.

paulsherwin 16th Jan 2018 12:00 am

Thanks to Guy (Nymrod121) for the FOC Sitecom WiFi dongles.

Nickthedentist 19th Jan 2018 12:54 pm

Thanks to Ambientnoise (Ken) for taking the trouble to pack-up and send me two delightful Roberts sets :)

mole42uk 19th Jan 2018 1:42 pm

Thanks to Huw (merlinmaxwell) for sending me some Sanyo Cadnica batteries for my weather station. Excellent chap!

Kevin Hoyland 20th Jan 2018 5:48 pm

Thank You to Wendymott for the 1-177B tube Tester.

Regards
Kevin.

mark_in_manc 21st Jan 2018 1:57 pm

...and thanks also to Wendy for transformers, oscillator (I _will_ save it from the tip!) and workshop tour. Nice to meet you! Snow through Bacup on way to Blackburn was a bit alpine :)