UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Cobaltblue 25th Feb 2021 11:24 am

Re: The Thanks Thread

I would also like to thank Peter (Electronpusher0) for the lovely example of the Ever Ready Sky Baby. It was very carefully packed and arrived safe and well. Makes a fine addition to my collection of post war valve battery portables being made toward the end of the period.

Thanks Peter.

Cheers

Mike T

Radio Wrangler 26th Feb 2021 2:23 pm

Many thanks to WaveyDipole

The little Baofeng 2m/70cm hand-held transceiver has just arrived and looks brand new.

This is going to go to one of the youngsters in the scouts who have just passed their foundation licence.

Inspired by WD's generosity, I had the idea that getting a small group of scouts going would form a stable population, so I've decided to buy a couple of these transceivers to give to scouts so we can start a group of them on the air.

David

bc312 27th Feb 2021 11:57 am

Thanks to Horris (Dave) for his generous offer of various manuals.
Mike

Boulevardier 27th Feb 2021 12:46 pm

Very grateful to terrybull for the free Panasonic phone - and for even covering the postage!

Mike

malvision 27th Feb 2021 3:33 pm

Thanks to all the Moderators ,who make this forum one big family

electronicskip 28th Feb 2021 11:49 am

Thanks to Philco=Pete for the Thander function generator.
Really well packaged and arrived quickly.

DMcMahon 28th Feb 2021 3:50 pm

A big thank you to Philco-Pete for the FOC Truvox microphone, arrived safely yesterday and was very well packed.

David

DMcMahon 6th Mar 2021 4:16 pm

Many thanks to Bryan M for the FOC Philips tape recorder EL3774 adaptor, which arrived safely today. Now need to make time to have a play with it.

David

1100 man 7th Mar 2021 11:17 am

Many thanks to the two Davids who have taken the time and trouble to send me stuff recently!

David G4EBT for the vintage Plessey capacitors that will be perfect for '70's Thorn TV rebuilds.

Dave (Horris) for the G11 manual which will replace my tatty photocopy of the circuit from the '80's!

It's most appreciated! :thumbsup:

All the best
Nick

VT FUSE 7th Mar 2021 10:32 pm

A massive thank you to Glyn (Welsh Anorak) for offering and posting the Pye Transistor portable radio,this Chromium beauty is playing very nicely without issues after changing a couple of resistors and one capacitor,hoping to introduce it to a nice pre-loved case soon.
Very best regards
Mike

Lucien Nunes 8th Mar 2021 6:41 pm

Thanks to @jolly de for the FOC frequency counters to add to the display-of-displays where I am hoping to represent all the different kinds of readout as used on test equipment.

Lucien Nunes 13th Mar 2021 12:27 pm

And another from me to Rockinmark for offering FOC the big Grundig tape recorder which fills a gap in my lineup

Chris55000 13th Mar 2021 7:34 pm

Hi!

Many thanks to Members "KeithsTV" and "Slidertogrid" for the 4 chip Mullard Colour Decoder IC set plus Delay Lines and the Tyne I.F. panel!

Chris Williams

Skywave 13th Mar 2021 8:31 pm

My many thanks to Turretslug for the B8B valve socket.
Al. / March 13th, 2021

VT FUSE 13th Mar 2021 9:02 pm

Another massive "thank you" to Tony (greenstar) for offering the Philips Superinductance 838U chassis/opt/speaker, originally to be used for parts for my restoration but in fact, WAY too good condition to break thus will undergo a restoration as a stand alone exhibit as testament to the development of TRF receivers prior to the Superhet taking 1st place.
The time spent packing and protecting the above is greatly appreciated as all arrived 100% undamaged.
Mike

electronicskip 16th Mar 2021 7:52 pm

Many thanks to Crackle for the KB 247 Pup.
Arrived in prefect condition well packed.

Skywave 16th Mar 2021 10:41 pm

My many thanks to arjoll for the assistance received in getting an installation of Windows 10 to 'talk' to a network shared LaserJet 4 printer, for which a specific driver for Windows 10 does not exist. >:( Getting that to work was no easy task! :devil:

Al.

DMcMahon 17th Mar 2021 5:23 pm

A big thank you to Alan SP15 for the free Akai R2R parts that arrived today, they will come in useful.

David

DMcMahon 19th Mar 2021 5:49 pm

Thank you to stevehertz for the BTH BBC headphones that safely arrived yesterday.

David

Stuart R 20th Mar 2021 8:07 pm

Thanks to terrybull for offering the TP-Link Wireless Router.

Have installed it at Mum & Dad's and they now appear to have Wi-Fi that works first time!

Thanks for the prompt postage too!

SR

DMcMahon 22nd Mar 2021 1:25 pm

Thank you to KeithsTV for the Grundig choke that arrived today, will try it in my TK 1 later today.

David

bc312 26th Mar 2021 1:10 pm

Thanks to Peter (Electronpusher0) for the Minimod pcb which arrived today.
Mike

AdrianH 26th Mar 2021 3:19 pm

Thanks to two people on here: -

Jeremy (Pamphonica) for a transformer to fix my larkspur R210,

and

James (jamesinnewcastl) for some information on the RT-7/APN-1

Adrian

bikerhifinut 26th Mar 2021 4:32 pm

Thank you Peter (Electronpusher) for the excellent quality Minimod PCB.

Andy.

g4wim_tim 31st Mar 2021 9:06 pm

Thanks Mike Colbaltblue for the 1973 RSGB call book.

Regards Tim

jayceebee 1st Apr 2021 10:01 pm

Thanks go to Atlantic 52 for the manuals.

John.

electronicskip 2nd Apr 2021 12:36 pm

A huge thank you to new member tonyedgecombe for contacting me after reading an old post of mine about preserving old Prestel equipment and sending me a Tantel Prestel terminal totally free of charge! thank you again.

G6Tanuki 8th Apr 2021 6:05 pm

Many thanks to forum member Vinrads for the couple of WWII '19-set' type knobs which arrived today.

They're just what I need to complete my Pye PCR restoration.

Cheers!

Cobaltblue 10th Apr 2021 7:19 pm

I would like to thank Alan (snowman_al) for the copy of AudioAudio that arrived this morning in excellent condition, thank you for offering it has repaired the big gap in my library :thumbsup:

Cheers

Mike T

Minster97 14th Apr 2021 7:31 pm

Can’t thank all the helpful people enough.To say they go out of their way to help would be an understatement!
Just recently have had great help from Audio1950 and Sideband,thsnk said to them and All

electronicskip 15th Apr 2021 11:34 am

Thanks to chriswood1900 for collecting the Hornby Trainset , nice to meet you.

DMcMahon 17th Apr 2021 5:27 pm

Thanks to Whiskas (Rob) for the various reel to reel manuals that safely arrived yesterday, loads of interesting reading and reference material.

David

greg_simons 17th Apr 2021 9:15 pm

Many thanks to Ed dinning for digging out a few presets for the project, it's most appreciated.
Greg.

qualityten 21st Apr 2021 8:06 pm

Thanks to WME_bill for the variable capacitance box. Apart from its usefulness, it's a marvel of vintage miniaturisation. Much appreciated.

David

Boulevardier 24th Apr 2021 8:25 pm

Many thanks to Tony (Restoration73) for the large bag of mixed value resistors. Stamps on their way to you Tony to cover your postage costs.

Mike

Reelman 25th Apr 2021 1:55 pm

Thanks to Northyorks1 for the optical kit, very much appreciated. Also an object lesson in how to pack something properly.
You are a Gentleman Sir!

Peter

Chris55000 25th Apr 2021 5:11 pm

Hi!

My greatful thanks to Member "TalkingWithPye" Dave for his very kind assistance with my query re soundtrack recordings!

Chris Williams

Kevin Hoyland 26th Apr 2021 8:31 am

Hello.
A Big Thank You to Steve/Colourstar for the Pye music Centre.

Kevin.

Phil G4SPZ 26th Apr 2021 10:16 am

Thank you to Geoff (“Saxmaniac”) for collecting the old reel-to-reel tapes from my friend Andy and for leaving a very generous donation to the Severn Valley Railway.

Nymrod121 26th Apr 2021 8:10 pm

Thanks to:

stevehertz (Steve) for the OM335 hybrid wideband amplifier module;

Mach One (Andrew) for the Painton-style multipole connector

Much appreciated, gentlemen!

Best wishes
Guy

Nickthedentist 27th Apr 2021 2:07 pm

Thanks to RogDW48 for the incredibly kind gift of an utterly amazing cassette deck, and for packing it so well and posting it so quickly.

Nickthedentist 27th Apr 2021 2:08 pm

And to Martin Bush for the equally kind donation of a couple of lovely Bush radios, in amazing cosmetic condition, and delivered to my doorstep!

Nickthedentist 27th Apr 2021 2:09 pm

And finally to Rob Whiskas for selling me a lovely Technics cassette deck at a good price, and packing it so well.

qualityten 29th Apr 2021 4:45 pm

My thanks to Valvepower (Terry) for his great kindness in giving me a set of Trio transformers, as well as for sharing many helpful scans of valve amplifier circuits and constructional booklets on this forum.

David

Kevin Hoyland 2nd May 2021 9:44 am

Hello My Thanks to High Vacuum House / Mr Christopher Capener for being so kind and helpful.

Kind Regards
Kevin.

G.Castle 3rd May 2021 8:32 am

Many thanks to Electronpusher0 for sending the Ever Ready 5216, it arrived safely and has provided the information required to finish another restoration, and is now being restored itself.

Greg.

DMcMahon 3rd May 2021 2:45 pm

Thank you to Horris (Dave) for the HP 3400A voltmeter that arrived safely on Saturday.

On its rear panel its Hewlett Packard ident plate says Böblingen, Federal Republic of Germany. This brings back good memories of when I used to do site visits to the Siemens Semiconductor Plant at Böblingen.

David

Update - To be more accurate , Böblingen is the district, Siemens (also linked with IBM at the time) was on the edge of Sindelfingen (commonly called Sifi).

cathoderay57 4th May 2021 8:15 am

Many thanks to Ed Dinning for the supply of a replacement mains transformer for my Pye 834. See success stories for details. Jerry

Cruisin Marine 4th May 2021 3:29 pm

Cobaltblue
Thanks for the Taylor Windsor 45B Instruction Manual, it is very much appreciated, I hope to pick it up later today- so hopefully it will be restored to a nice working condition.

deliverance 4th May 2021 5:18 pm

A big thanks to Christopher ( High-Vacuum-House) for the BRT-400 very nice.