UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Where To Get Sets and Parts (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Uher 4000 series NOS parts stock: Been offered (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=160710)

TheGAoW 21st Oct 2019 6:50 pm

Uher 4000 series NOS parts stock: Been offered

I have been offered a large selection of NOS Uher 4000 series spare parts. Motors, speed change cones, parts of cases, spool platters (both types) capstan/flywheels (rubber is still in good condition), lids plus many other assorted parts. My question is one of market research. Before buying it all, is there a demand out there for such items? I welcome your feedback.

Horris 21st Oct 2019 8:06 pm

Re: Uher 4000 series NOS parts stock: Been offered

I would be interested in certain Uher spares

Dave

mole42uk 21st Oct 2019 8:23 pm

I think that there is a market for UHER spares - after all, the BBC used thousands of them and the machines still have a certain following…

Reelman 21st Oct 2019 8:28 pm

There is still significant interest in the Uher portables judging by the sales on eBay. However the range was made for many years from the 4000 “S” to the 4000 Report Monitor IIRC so I would guess that later spares may be more saleable but I know some of the early machines are still be used by enthusiasts.
I would be interested for my own machines.
Peter

barretter 22nd Oct 2019 9:23 am

I too would be interested in parts for the Report Monitor series.

Uncle Bulgaria 22nd Oct 2019 11:50 am

I have two 4000 Report-L machines and when I have somewhere to set them up I'd like more Uher reel-to-reels for looping!

I had great difficulty sourcing some parts when I last got inside one of them - particularly the spiral plastic element that latches the battery compartment. I had to make a money transfer to Germany to get them from a service engineer at vast expense!

Michael Maurice 23rd Oct 2019 11:32 am

I would be interested in buying the spares.

ben 23rd Oct 2019 12:39 pm

Count me in as interested- I have a Report Monitor and an early 4000 mono that have been awaiting repair for some years now!

Welsh Anorak 24th Oct 2019 2:14 pm

Like Ben I have a few machines which need some TLC so a source of parts would be welcome.

TheGAoW 29th Oct 2019 1:04 am

Thanks for all your responses. Overall, from posts on other pages and forums, I have had a positive response (with the odd negative - isn't there always) so I will go ahead an get them.

TheGAoW 5th Dec 2019 12:02 pm

Uher 4000 Series NOS parts

Hi All In October I posted a thread asking for some "market research" before buying a job lot of NOS and refurb'd spares for Uher 4000 series recorders. This thread is now closed so I can't add a response to it.

In short I bought the items. They range from capstan/flywheels, brass speed change steppers, motors (mixture of new and used) spool platforms and clutches, even a complete 3-head block for the 4200 Report Monitor. Most items are for the brown-cased Monitor series machines - the last ones made by Uher, but a lot are compatible with the first 4000 machines.

I have started to put this items in my shop on the Reel Resilience website -www.reelresilience.co.uk Prices are based on what I have seen ebay items go for and also that a German supplier seems to sell them for when factoring in delivery and exchange rates etc.

I will be adding more items this week.