UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Vintage Television and Video (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Final Solihull Fling - 10th May 2014 - TV Junk Swap (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103578)

G8KBG Tony 2nd May 2014 5:59 pm

Re: Final Solihull Fling - 10th May 2014 - TV Junk Swap

Hi Mike. I'd love to attend please.

Radio Wrangler 2nd May 2014 8:53 pm

May I wish all of you the best of fun!

End it in style.

I can just imagine dozens of people helping by casting 'appropriate gestures' in the light of many freshly repaired sets. Accompanied by the sound of raspberries that would have done Milligan proud.

David

Mikey405 3rd May 2014 12:15 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AidanLunn (Post 674437)
It's a pity I'm working that weekend, I really want to come to some of these meet-ups.

Hi Aidan.

I'm sure there will be plenty more in future years to come in Devon, and perhaps, now, even one more up here in Solihull. It'd be great if you could come to one perhaps next year.

Thanks Aidan.

Kind regards.

From Mike.

Mikey405 3rd May 2014 12:16 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by G8KBG Tony (Post 678652)
Hi Mike. I'd love to attend please.

Hi Tone.

That's excellent. I'm surprised you're still talking to me though after my previous slanderous tale. :)

Thanks Tone. See you there.

Kind regards.

From Mike.

Mikey405 3rd May 2014 12:18 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radio Wrangler (Post 678681)
May I wish all of you the best of fun!

End it in style.

Hi David.

It may not actually be the last one up here now - who knows what can happen. But thank you for the kind send-off. :)

Kind regards.

From Mike.

Mikey405 3rd May 2014 12:31 pm

Hi everyone.

As usual, feel free to turn up any time after about 08:00 in the morning. The day usually finishes at about 22:00 (give or take an hour) and the usual Drum-and-Monkey lunch is at roughly 13:30.

If people fancy bringing biscuits / cakes / snacks / drinks / pies or whatever for the usual during-the-day comestibles then that would be brilliant. (Bacon sandwiches will be freely available in the morning as usual and tea / coffee etc. will be available throughout the day.)

There will be test equipment and a few benches available as well as components and vales so if you're bringing something along to fix then you should be okay.

As this is a bit of a junk-swap then please feel free to bring any TV related or other electronic type junk along to swap with other people's junk.

And finally, could I please ask people to wear name-badges of some description - to save me being flummoxed at trying to remember people's names as much as anything else.

Thanks everyone and see you next Saturday.

Kind regards.

From Mike.

Focus Diode 4th May 2014 9:42 am

Sorry I can't make it as I'll be embarking on a long journey to another part of the UK to pick up something special which will be introduced to these pages on getting it home.

Will see you all at the NVCF on the Sunday though.

Cheers,
Brian

Paul Stenning 4th May 2014 4:31 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey405 (Post 678804)
I'm sure there will be plenty more in future years to come in Devon....

I will definitely try to get to some Devon ones. Perhaps tie it in with a weekend away as it's a nice part of the country to visit.

chriswood1900 4th May 2014 7:04 pm

I would like to call in in the afternoon please, it will be my first visit and I am staying with friends in Solihull Sat night ready for the NVCF on Sunday. If it us ok could someone let me have the address.
Many thanks Chris

Hybrid tellies 5th May 2014 1:32 pm

I am just wondering whether to just bring my smiling self up or bring one of two jobs which I have not got around to sorting. My 20" ITT/KB VC205 with its frame fault or my Philips Tvette which I have not even looked at.

Heatercathodeshort 7th May 2014 6:38 pm

All being well I will be making it up to Solihull on Sat. I will probably find a Premier or Travelodge to stay over and visit the Warwickshire meet the following day. J.

Hunts smoothing bomb 8th May 2014 6:52 am

Hello Simon,
As they are both smallish why not bring them both down? I've done a Tvette before, they give a decent picture with a good tube.
Look forward to seeing you.

Cheers

Mike Phelan 8th May 2014 9:46 am

I'll be there, Mike, but will be leaving about mid-day as we're off to IoW at silly-o'clock Sunday morning.

Dave Moll 8th May 2014 7:54 pm

With any luck I might arrive before Mike leaves as I hope to arrive late morning.

threeseven 9th May 2014 2:12 pm

Dave, didn't realise you were going to this, do you want to bring the stuff I was going to collect at the NVCF with you? Saves me a job at the NVCF and gives me more car space!

Courtney Louise 9th May 2014 3:28 pm

Can someone send me the address please, I seem to have lost it since last year..

threeseven 9th May 2014 4:30 pm

So have I! Just looked through my PM box expecting to find it but no luck! Courtney, prepare to be messing with a G3 tomorrow!

Hybrid tellies 9th May 2014 6:02 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunts smoothing bomb (Post 679823)
As they are both smallish why not bring them both down?

Thanks Lee, but its such a major upheaval in my small workshop to move anything I think I come alone. Can anyone PM me Mikes post code please.

Mikey405 9th May 2014 6:34 pm

Hi all.

I'll get the address PMd over to those who require it now, but could I remind everyone to please wear some kind of a name badge please. :)

Thanks all.

Kind regards.

From Mike.

Hybrid tellies 9th May 2014 6:38 pm

Thanks Mike but just found it and the Google map in amongst the pile of paperwork in my car lol.