UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

greg_simons 8th Apr 2023 10:34 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Another thank-you to Chris55000 for using his skills and battling health issues to design new regulator boards for my BRC 2000 project, i can dust off this beast and push though to a result with renewal enthusiasm now!.
Greg.

DMcMahon 18th Apr 2023 4:06 pm

Thankyou to Rob (whiskas) for the Weller soldering iron + station plus spare iron and spare tips, that safely arrived yesterday.

As always was excellently packaged.

David

DMcMahon 18th Apr 2023 4:10 pm

A big thankyou to Mike (Cobaltblue) for the Grundig TK 5 fast wind control shaft that arrived today, this will be used to replace my existing partly broken shaft, very generous of Mike to provide this FOC.

David

Boulevardier 18th Apr 2023 6:16 pm

Many thanks to Dave (G60NEDave) for the isolation transformer/mains conditioner - especially for his careful and excellent packaging. This sort of generosity and care is what makes this forum so special!

Mike

Ted Kendall 19th Apr 2023 7:29 am

Thank you to Mike (Cobaltblue) for the Grundig TK5 bits, including a serviceable head, and to Peter (dragonser) for the boxed Sony ICF-7600, which will afford hours of amusement!

Cheers, Gentlemen.

m0cemdave 19th Apr 2023 1:03 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boulevardier (Post 1552583)
Many thanks to Dave (G60NEDave) for the isolation transformer/mains conditioner - especially for his careful and excellent packaging. This sort of generosity and care is what makes this forum so special!

Mike

Seconded, same experience here. Thanks Dave!

DMcMahon 24th Apr 2023 7:04 pm

A big thankyou again to Mike (Cobaltblue) for the Grundig TK 5 fast wind control knob that arrived today, this will be used to replace my existing partly broken knob on my TK 8, colour is different but that is fine, very generous again of Mike to provide this FOC.

David

Ted Kendall 25th Apr 2023 9:50 pm

Thanks to Bobdger for a nice and nicely packed copy of Tony Thompson's Vintage Radios.

Reelman 26th Apr 2023 11:51 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by m0cemdave (Post 1552739)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boulevardier (Post 1552583)

Mike

Seconded, same experience here. Thanks Dave!

Absolutely, the same goes for me. Thank-you Dave!

Peter

vinrads 26th Apr 2023 6:54 pm

Just to say a big thank you to David G4EBT for suppling me with all the knobs for the Ekco A22 I am restoring he has reproduced them and what a super job he has made ,these were sent to me at no charge David even paid the postage a true gent indeed ! Mick.

williamsunique 4th May 2023 11:25 am

Thank you Tony (tonydavies) for the Dell Workstation.
It is all set up and running.

Paul

Phil G4SPZ 6th May 2023 1:22 pm

A big thank-you to Ian a.k.a. Superscope for the eight Neodymium magnets, sent FOC and which arrived this morning :wave:

DMcMahon 7th May 2023 7:41 pm

Thankyou to Scott (ScottBouch) for the Hellerman sleeves that arrived yesterday.

David

paulsherwin 11th May 2023 1:31 pm

Many thanks to Dave Cox for the hard drives. Much appreciated.

electronicskip 11th May 2023 3:21 pm

Many thanks to ScottBouch for the crystals .
Thank you.

The Philpott 11th May 2023 6:20 pm

Thanks Les for the fuses. Bomb-proof packaging- the outer box will also get re-used!
Dave

Steve_Bell 13th May 2023 11:48 am

Many thanks to ScottBouch for the rubber feet.

yestertech 14th May 2023 10:32 am

Many thanks to Slidertogrid for the idler wheel - what a difference !!

Andy

beamcurrent 16th May 2023 8:34 pm

On behalf of the Broadcast Television Technology Trust I would like to thank all those forum members who have helped the MCR21 project. There are too many too name and there is always the possibility that my memory would embarrass me by forgetting someone.

We will have a demo table at Retrotech ( #36) please come by and say hello.

Our BBC OB van is looking splendid on the outside, but much still to do on the inside. One of our regular volunteers has created a number of videos which can be viewed on our YouTube page (search for MCR21)

DMcMahon 20th May 2023 3:03 pm

Thankyou to Scott (ScottBouch) for the metal stereo 1/4" jack plugs that safely arrived yesterday, good quality and look like new.

David