UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

HamishBoxer 22nd Apr 2022 2:13 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Thank you DazzleVision for the 10" Roadstar colour set.

Regards,

David

Julesomega 23rd Apr 2022 11:59 am

Thanks to Paul for the Valve + Transistor Data CD - I was just ordering it online this morning when the postman popped it through the letterbox :clap:

Lucien Nunes 26th Apr 2022 4:39 pm

And a big thankyou to @Bobsterkent for offering the TV12 and Aurora as it serves to officially launch the MEET TV receiver collection. I have just watched 'Television Comes to London' on it.

Ambientnoise 27th Apr 2022 2:03 pm

My thanks to agardiner (Adrian) for the DAB radio, now in use.

Ken

jamesperrett 30th Apr 2022 1:00 am

Thanks to Diabolical Artificer for the Art Of Electronics. I should have bought a copy years ago although this one will probably go to my son who is keen on all things technical.

DMcMahon 30th Apr 2022 5:23 pm

Many thanks to Kentode (Ken) for the speaker cables that arrived safely today. Will soon put them to good use.

David

Reelman 1st May 2022 11:25 am

Many thanks to red16v for the Akai metal Spool that arrived today, Sunday.

Not a very common item in the heyday of R2Rs but probably one of the most desirable accessories today.

Much appreciated!

Peter

DMcMahon 3rd May 2022 11:02 am

A big thank you to Duncanlowe for the FOC 5" R2R tapes and banana plug quick disconnects, these safely arrived these morning and were very well packaged.

David

vinrads 5th May 2022 9:05 am

Just to say a big thank you to Mark (Pilot Mariner) for sending me a dial for a Roberts radio .foc what a star .:thumbsup: Mick.

ben 10th May 2022 1:28 pm

I've been lucky to have been given nice and useful bits from two generous forum members. Apologies to for the delayed post!

Thanks to Andy (acollins22) for the Amstrad PCW bits.
Also to red16v for the Akai tape spool.

The Philpott 10th May 2022 3:43 pm

Thanks Ben for the VCR, it's very low mileage indeed and has passed the Blackadder Goes Forth test, 3 episodes. (BBC VHS tapes were never great quality!)

Dave

mole42uk 11th May 2022 6:00 pm

Thanks to SeanStevens for carrying the 15kg Grundig from RetroTech to Bath where I collected it today.

deliverance 12th May 2022 2:12 pm

Thanks to g4aaw Pete for the choke just the job superfast delivery .

Mikey66 13th May 2022 11:18 am

Thanks to Superscope (Ian) for going to the trouble of packing & posting the little Toshiba telly for me.
It is really appreciated.

Reelman 13th May 2022 2:35 pm

Many thanks again to Lloyd (Lloyd 1985) for the slide projector he delivered to my stall last Sunday along with a matching microphone for an item he remembered he gave me ages ago. Good to meet face to face!

Unfortunately I forgot to mention I am also very familiar with the Dun Cow, Saturday night live bands and Sunday drinks in the 70s.

Thanks again and I hope your parents had a good day!

Peter

Craig Sawyers 16th May 2022 8:19 am

Many thanks to Stockden (Hugh) for the FOC Tektronix scope trolley - and his patience when I arrived to collect it from a pub car park over half an hour late!

Craig

DMcMahon 17th May 2022 3:31 pm

A huge thank you to Joe (joebog1) for the three 6GW8 valves that safely arrived today after their long journey from Australia.

They were totally FOC so extremely generous of Joe, it is much appreciated.

One of these is to relace a broken ECL 86 but it will be some time before I get around to it.

David

electronicskip 21st May 2022 5:05 pm

Big thanks to ronbryan for supplying a transformer for the Pye suitcase radio.

AC/HL 25th May 2022 8:03 pm

Thanks to Dave (dave_n_t) for the tuning capacitor and the B&S letters for my TR82C.

captainpugwash 26th May 2022 1:22 pm

Thanks to WaveyDipole for the Cakewalk cd which arrived today.
Kind regards,
David