UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Nymrod121 22nd Jan 2020 10:05 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Thank you to Dickie over in St. Albans for the Weller TCP spares (Tagboard & Spring*) which arrived today. These are now installed and the iron has been tested and works perfectly :thumbsup:
Guy

(* office neighbours to those other well-known legal firms - Wright Hassle & Co. / Messrs. Sue, Grabbit & Run ;) )

kalee20 23rd Jan 2020 7:19 pm

Many thanks for Alan (Goldie99) for the 30-way connector! Much appreciated :)

Tyso_Bl 23rd Jan 2020 10:12 pm

Thank you to Jerry (cathoderay57) following my recent wanted post for putting me in touch with someone who was able to help.

T

Reelman 24th Jan 2020 10:33 pm

I’m sure this will be the first of many but very special thanks to Norman Raeburn for his generosity in offering so many items to forum members. Mine arrived today perfectly packed.
Thanks again Norman, exceptionally good of you.

Peter

Nymrod121 27th Jan 2020 2:24 pm

Many thanks to Terry (terrybull) for the Sony audio docking system that arrived safely today.
Enjoying my lunchtime bacon butty/foot-tapping away to Tina Turner ('Nutbush City Limits") from my iPod.

Superb! :)

Cheers
Guy

Nickthedentist 27th Jan 2020 3:37 pm

Thanks to David G4EBT for all the germanium transistors and the lovely note.

Nick.

dom10161 27th Jan 2020 11:51 pm

Thanks to Rob (whiskas) DVD box set arrived safely today.

mark_in_manc 28th Jan 2020 9:27 am

Thanks to Dave (Davewantsone) for the KB DR10 he generously gave me the other night. Nice to meet you and your tellies!

Outrun_uk 30th Jan 2020 4:22 pm

Big thanks to Norman (Raeburn) for the IC’s which arrived today. Great selection which will be very useful to me.

Kev

Nymrod121 31st Jan 2020 3:49 pm

A board meeting has been convened at Nymrod Towers - courtesy of davidbi
Many thanks, David! :)
Guy

Ted Kendall 31st Jan 2020 7:03 pm

Another thanks to Norman Raeburn for a substantial tube of logic chips - that's my Sunday afternoon booked then...great stuff!

Nymrod121 3rd Feb 2020 8:52 am

Many thanks to Rob (whiskas) for calling by yesterday - and which involved quite a diversion from his original journey - to deliver a Sony Blu-ray/DVD player with mains lead, remote inc. batteries, Blu-ray disc of 'Gavin & Stacey' ... and a toroidal transformer.
Great to meet you Rob :thumbsup:
Cheers
Guy

Reelman 4th Feb 2020 5:11 pm

Many thanks to ChrisKt for the Solar radio.

After such excellent packaging the radio has been received in the correct number of pieces!

Again, Many thanks, much appreciated.

Peter

Kevin Hoyland 6th Feb 2020 8:41 am

Hello.

A big Thank You to (David G4EBT) For sending me the Bush Transferes.

Regards
Kevin.

G6Tanuki 6th Feb 2020 1:52 pm

Thanks to Dave_n_t for the selection of transistor driver/output transistors which arrived a day or so back.

Now, where did I put that bag of NOS AC128s and OC81s??

--Pete

dave walsh 6th Feb 2020 6:41 pm

Many thanks to WHISKAS TERRY BULL STEVE HERTZ and 1955 APPREW all of whom have forwarded much needed items to me with a professional standard of packaging and a good sense of humour. I'm working from more recent entries in the PM list so apologies but similar appreciation to anyone that I've inadvertently overlooked in this message!

Dave W:thumbsup:

jayceebee 6th Feb 2020 11:22 pm

And another big thank you goes to Norman Raeburn for the Advance P1. A quick test and it appears to be working beautifully, even at the very top end of its range.:clap:

Cheers,
John.

Reelman 12th Feb 2020 2:14 pm

Many thanks once again to ChrisKt for the Philips cassette, blanks and tapes.

Another great job of packaging and very useful. I remember buying one of the tapes myself in 1968!

Again, Many thanks, much appreciated.

Peter

m0cemdave 13th Feb 2020 3:22 pm

Thanks to Rob (Whiskas) for the transformer, and careful packing.

Al (astral highway) 15th Feb 2020 1:53 pm

Thanks to Ed

Belated Thanks to Ed (Dinning) for a boxful of feedthrough capacitors of various sizes. They are all super high- spec components and will be a big help in the build of my current major project.

Thanks again for your generosity, Ed , both with giving freebies and with abundantly -given practical advice , particularly around the materials science aspect of a build .

Cheers!

Al