UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Jolly 7 6th May 2021 6:07 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Many thanks to Technotel and CathodeRay57 for the minimod board and caps. I look forward to building it soon.

DMcMahon 7th May 2021 8:38 am

A big thank you to Malcolm G6ANZ for the various capacitors that arrived safely on Wednesday, this was a very generous FOC replacement for the original shipment that appears to have got mislaid in the Royal Mail ether.

David

AC/HL 7th May 2021 3:09 pm

Thanks to Lloyd (Lloyd 1985) for the Netgear router he offered recently. Using it now to post this.

Nymrod121 8th May 2021 11:43 am

Many thanks to robinshack for the C&K miniature SPDT toggle switches, received today.
Cheers, Rob! :thumbsup:
Guy

Bear2Biker 10th May 2021 8:28 pm

Many thanks to Stockden for the 19" panels & the time and trouble in packing them & getting a suitable courier, well done.

Kevin Hoyland 11th May 2021 6:57 am

Hello.
Thanks to Robinshack for the bulbs.

Kevin:thumbsup:

Bufo Bill 11th May 2021 3:50 pm

Thanks indeed to WME_bill for his help with my HP180A, for "Bill's mixture", and for the 1806A.

David G4EBT 13th May 2021 9:40 am

Thanks to David, 'Backtoreailty' for kindly donating, and going to the trouble to pack and post the Radiophiles to me, which I'm enjoying reading.

Cobaltblue 18th May 2021 8:44 am

I would like to thank 60 oldjohn for the Philips L2G77B Musette shoulder strap these are so often missing.

There must be very many members here who have benefited from John's generosity with hard to get parts.

Thanks John

Nickthedentist 25th May 2021 10:00 am

Many thanks to David DMcMahon for sending me an original instruction sheet for a 1950s Telefunken radio.

ajs37 25th May 2021 10:15 pm

Many thanks to Roger (RojDW48) for the Pioneer tuner - it is now installed and working well with my other audio equipment!

ajs37 28th May 2021 2:39 pm

Another big thank you to Greg Simons for sending me a complete KB Gaiety radio - very generous - Cancer Research will be getting a bit more money this month!
Thanks again Greg!
Andy

sobell1980 29th May 2021 9:02 pm

A huge thank you to Chris or known as unitelex. He organised, repaired and posted a speaker to me in 24 hours which will now complete the repairs to the Bush VHF61 I'm restoring. All Just for the cost of postage. Very generous. Without people like Chris and this great forum I'm sure lots of these projects and repairs would be a struggle to complete or find parts. This forum is such a great place for like minded people to repair vintage radio in a non profiteering way. Great thanks, Chris, for all your help and sending the speaker.

Dave

PYE 405 29th May 2021 9:35 pm

Many thanks to Neil29 for very kindly providing me with a mains dropper plus a LOPT with a suitable overwind for my RBM A640 set.

Reelman 29th May 2021 10:30 pm

Big thank you to cliff2903 for the various parts he sent very well wrapped this week.
Cheers Cliff!
Peter

Kevin Hoyland 31st May 2021 9:22 am

Morning.
A big Thank You to Turretslug Colin for helping me,:thumbsup:: people like Colin are outstanding.

Kevin

Keith956 1st Jun 2021 11:36 am

Thanks to Andy (Radioman) for the clip for the Centronics type socket. It fits perfectly.
Cheers,
Keith

Superscope 3rd Jun 2021 2:43 pm

Thanks to "Restoration73" for not only sending me a Crystal
discussed on my Thread, but sending it free of charge as well
and refusing to take anything for it.

A true Gent !

Ian

electronicskip 3rd Jun 2021 3:47 pm

Big thanks to M0AFJ, Tim for the Navico 2M Rig .
Very pleased with it.

TonyDuell 4th Jun 2021 3:00 pm

Thanks to Yestertech for the Magnetophon 85 tape recorder and the interesting chat this morning (the first technical chat I've had for 16 months!).

I'll probably start a thread in the appropriate section here when I get round to seriously working on the machine.

deliverance 8th Jun 2021 1:26 pm

Thanks to Wavey Dipole for the Heathkit RF1U which arrived this morning well packed .

Trevor 9th Jun 2021 7:29 pm

My thanks to Wavy Dipole and his gifting me the Phillp's meter
I have now received it and its smashing
So thanks !!!
Trev

unitelex 10th Jun 2021 9:37 pm

Many thanks to Keland UK for making some 3D printed parts for my Petrick switch, he did it so quickly and arrived by post the following day!

DMcMahon 11th Jun 2021 7:33 pm

My thanks to Chris Wood for the Marconi TF2700 Universal Bridge which arrived safely today, it was very well packed, look forward to checking it out later.

David

DMcMahon 14th Jun 2021 11:50 am

Many thanks to Rob (Whiskas) for the 20 cassette tapes that safely arrived this morning, extremely well packed, all look in good condition.

Looking forward to playing and using them.

David

Nickthedentist 14th Jun 2021 12:57 pm

Thanks to John_Dw for selling me a lovely Hacker radio, and posting it in "textbook" fashion; bubblewrap, double-wall box, polystyrene chips and another double-wall box. Obviously, it arrived unscathed :)

Reelman 14th Jun 2021 1:25 pm

Very big thanks to Stu, Gridrunner for the Unilab kit. Should prove a boon to our radio club’s less experienced members.
Much appreciated!

Peter

greg_simons 15th Jun 2021 3:51 pm

Many thanks in advance to chris5500 who has undertaken to replicate a damaged pcb for my project, I'm getting there with it now, there's a few folks who've contributed stuff over the last two years to to mighy brc 2000 beast, I'm grateful to you all.
Greg.

Bear2Biker 16th Jun 2021 5:01 pm

Thanks to WME_bill for taking such care in providing documentation for the Bradley oscilloscope calibrator 156 & AC calibrator 125C & additional info, all very helpful.

mole42uk 17th Jun 2021 5:39 pm

Huge thanks are due to several forum members, and especially G0HZU_JMR Jeremy, for patiently guiding me through the process of designing a pi filter for converting a TTL 1MHz square wave into a clean sine wave with enough power to drive a 50Ω co-ax test lead.

GrimJosef 23rd Jun 2021 11:55 am

Just to say Many Thanks to Bill, AC/HL, for going out of his way to sort me out with a sprung terminal like this https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=180988 to replace the broken one on my Kingshill supply. I can now use the supply as it should be used !

Cheers,

GJ

Uncle Bulgaria 24th Jun 2021 11:08 pm

Thank you TimTape for digitising a slow-speed 1/4" tape to produce a very high quality flac of my great great aunt and uncle's Christmas audio letter from Ghana!

electronicskip 25th Jun 2021 1:19 pm

Yet another big thank you to Steve.Seven for the lovely pre war HMV 480 radio .
Ive decided not to do any restoration on the cabinet as it looks wonderful as it is and the innards have already been done.

steve.seven 25th Jun 2021 2:35 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by electronicskip (Post 1385271)
Yet another big thank you to Steve.Seven for the lovely pre war HMV 480 radio .
Ive decided not to do any restoration on the cabinet as it looks wonderful as it is and the innards have already been done.

Glad you like Richard,

If space was not an issue I would have kept it, electrically it's had a new smoothing cap and all the critical wax capacitors replaced so should be fine.
It was in a very sorry state when I received it so good that it's been rescued and gone to a good home.
Regards,
Steve.

HamishBoxer 26th Jun 2021 2:08 pm

Many thanks to Terry, (TechNotel) for MiniMod PC and parts.

Best Regards, David.

woodchips 1st Jul 2021 7:43 pm

Thanks to majex45 for the Aiwa cassette deck.

Bufo Bill 2nd Jul 2021 3:27 pm

Thanks to stevehertz and his partner for dropping off my new receiver.

HamishBoxer 2nd Jul 2021 4:45 pm

Many thanks to Agardiner (Adrian) for the MP3 player.

DMcMahon 8th Jul 2021 12:25 pm

Many thanks to stevehertz (Steve) for the Ferguson 3T20 Stereo Radio Cassette Player that safely arrived yesterday.

David

electronwilly 9th Jul 2021 2:50 pm

Just to say thankyou to Northyorks1 for the Selena vega, which arrived safely
and Ill get down to repairing it in the next week or so. Thanks Ian.

HamishBoxer 10th Jul 2021 8:46 pm

Many thanks to Whiskas for the misc bits that arrived today and thank you ChrisWood1900 for the dvd recorder that also arrived today.

Best Regards to both,

David

Kevin Hoyland 11th Jul 2021 5:52 pm

Hello i would like to say Thank You to Julian for making me welcome this morning when i went to pick up the Racal RA17 mk2.
Kevin.

DMcMahon 11th Jul 2021 10:02 pm

Many thanks to stevehertz (Steve) for the Ferguson 3T20 Stereo Radio Cassette Player service manual that he kindly emailed.

David

greg_simons 13th Jul 2021 8:53 pm

Many thanks to Herald1360 for the transistors.
Greg.

IKC2E51R8 13th Jul 2021 9:24 pm

Only discovered this Thread and want to say a big thanks to both WelshAnorak and FERNESH for offering to me their 59P7A and 51K5 sets, both of which im looking forward to recieveing shortly.

Cheers
Luke

Kevin Hoyland 14th Jul 2021 7:36 am

Morning All.
I would l like to say a big Thank You to Chris ie Deliverance on the forum for sending me the locking knob for my Racal Ra17.

Kind Regards
Kev.:thumbsup:

nutteronthebus 14th Jul 2021 10:46 am

My thanks to Keith Watterson for the bit for the BT gas powered iron.

Dave

deliverance 14th Jul 2021 6:29 pm

Thanks to Big Al... for the Redifon R550A and the tuning module much appreciated .

vinrads 14th Jul 2021 7:27 pm

A big thanks to Rich Slidertogrid for sending me a knob for the Philco radio at no charge , Mick.

Outrun_uk 15th Jul 2021 7:38 pm

Many thanks to Julesomega (Julian) for the printer paper and also he very kindly included a centronics printer lead too :)

Kev