UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Where To Get Sets and Parts (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Peak Electronic Design discount (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=141061)

Pamphonica 4th Nov 2017 11:28 am

Peak Electronic Design discount

I like many others, I suspect, have discovered the little pocket testers from Peak Electronic Design, based in Derbyshire. I use their LCR meter a lot as well as their component checker. Not the cheapest, but definitely very clever, and robust.

If anyone is thinking of buying, I saw on EEVBLOG that they currently have a 20% discount offer on all orders over £30. (Use the code EEVBLOG20 at checkout). Not sure how long this will last.

I have absolutely no links to Peak Electronics other than being a very satisfied customer. Their after-sales service is exemplary. Reasonably priced repairs and upgrades, and proper telephone support if you get stuck. Happy to recommend a good British company!

jamesperrett 4th Nov 2017 10:16 pm

Re: Peak Electronic Design discount

Thanks for this - I used the LCR meter extensively at my last job so this could be a good excuse to get one for my home workshop.

Sinewave 5th Nov 2017 5:13 pm

I've had my eye on the ESR meter for some time. They do look like handy little devices.

MrBungle 5th Nov 2017 5:17 pm

Thanks for the heads up. We were just about to put down some cash for a few UTP05's for network testing.

ukcol 5th Nov 2017 6:53 pm

Thank you Jeremy, I have used an ESR70 for some years and have just purchased an LCR45 saving £12 thanks to you.

Pamphonica 5th Nov 2017 10:37 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesperrett (Post 988631)
Thanks for this - I used the LCR meter extensively at my last job so this could be a good excuse to get one for my home workshop.

If you want an LCR, pay a very few quid extra and get the new LCR45. It has selectable test frequencies and impedance display. I've just ordered one.

Nickthedentist 6th Nov 2017 12:15 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pamphonica (Post 988471)
If anyone is thinking of buying, I saw on EEVBLOG that they currently have a 20% discount offer on all orders over £30. (Use the code EEVBLOG20 at checkout). Not sure how long this will last.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBungle (Post 988791)
Thanks for the heads up. We were just about to put down some cash for a few UTP05's for network testing.

Thanks to you both. I've just ordered one of these as I seem to be being asked to look at more and more "simple" but glitchy, badly-installed and neglected networks as the months go by.

Nick.

chriswood1900 9th Nov 2017 12:21 pm

Thanks Jeremy
I have also ordered a couple of new items the LCR45 and the DCA75 combo in case.
Chris

jjl 9th Nov 2017 6:23 pm

I ordered an ESR70 and LCR45 which have just arrived.
Thanks for the tip Jeremy.

John

Humber888 10th Nov 2017 3:07 pm

Cheers Jeremy. I have just ordered an ESR70 and the price is still £72 inc. postage. Considering a used one just sold on eBay for £71, that's a great deal.

Mike

AC/HL 10th Nov 2017 9:48 pm

One off topic post deleted. Alternatives have been discussed in depth in other threads.

wireless_john 25th Nov 2017 6:12 pm

Peak Electronic Design

I notice that Peak Electronic Design are offering a 25% discount for a limited time on their products.

No connection other than as a satisfied customer!

http://www.peakelec.co.uk/

John