UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Cobaltblue 25th Feb 2021 11:24 am

Re: The Thanks Thread

I would also like to thank Peter (Electronpusher0) for the lovely example of the Ever Ready Sky Baby. It was very carefully packed and arrived safe and well. Makes a fine addition to my collection of post war valve battery portables being made toward the end of the period.

Thanks Peter.

Cheers

Mike T

Radio Wrangler 26th Feb 2021 2:23 pm

Many thanks to WaveyDipole

The little Baofeng 2m/70cm hand-held transceiver has just arrived and looks brand new.

This is going to go to one of the youngsters in the scouts who have just passed their foundation licence.

Inspired by WD's generosity, I had the idea that getting a small group of scouts going would form a stable population, so I've decided to buy a couple of these transceivers to give to scouts so we can start a group of them on the air.

David

bc312 27th Feb 2021 11:57 am

Thanks to Horris (Dave) for his generous offer of various manuals.
Mike

Boulevardier 27th Feb 2021 12:46 pm

Very grateful to terrybull for the free Panasonic phone - and for even covering the postage!

Mike

malvision 27th Feb 2021 3:33 pm

Thanks to all the Moderators ,who make this forum one big family

electronicskip 28th Feb 2021 11:49 am

Thanks to Philco=Pete for the Thander function generator.
Really well packaged and arrived quickly.

DMcMahon 28th Feb 2021 3:50 pm

A big thank you to Philco-Pete for the FOC Truvox microphone, arrived safely yesterday and was very well packed.

David

DMcMahon 6th Mar 2021 4:16 pm

Many thanks to Bryan M for the FOC Philips tape recorder EL3774 adaptor, which arrived safely today. Now need to make time to have a play with it.

David

1100 man 7th Mar 2021 11:17 am

Many thanks to the two Davids who have taken the time and trouble to send me stuff recently!

David G4EBT for the vintage Plessey capacitors that will be perfect for '70's Thorn TV rebuilds.

Dave (Horris) for the G11 manual which will replace my tatty photocopy of the circuit from the '80's!

It's most appreciated! :thumbsup:

All the best
Nick

VT FUSE 7th Mar 2021 10:32 pm

A massive thank you to Glyn (Welsh Anorak) for offering and posting the Pye Transistor portable radio,this Chromium beauty is playing very nicely without issues after changing a couple of resistors and one capacitor,hoping to introduce it to a nice pre-loved case soon.
Very best regards
Mike

Lucien Nunes 8th Mar 2021 6:41 pm

Thanks to @jolly de for the FOC frequency counters to add to the display-of-displays where I am hoping to represent all the different kinds of readout as used on test equipment.

Lucien Nunes 13th Mar 2021 12:27 pm

And another from me to Rockinmark for offering FOC the big Grundig tape recorder which fills a gap in my lineup

Chris55000 13th Mar 2021 7:34 pm

Hi!

Many thanks to Members "KeithsTV" and "Slidertogrid" for the 4 chip Mullard Colour Decoder IC set plus Delay Lines and the Tyne I.F. panel!

Chris Williams

Skywave 13th Mar 2021 8:31 pm

My many thanks to Turretslug for the B8B valve socket.
Al. / March 13th, 2021

VT FUSE 13th Mar 2021 9:02 pm

Another massive "thank you" to Tony (greenstar) for offering the Philips Superinductance 838U chassis/opt/speaker, originally to be used for parts for my restoration but in fact, WAY too good condition to break thus will undergo a restoration as a stand alone exhibit as testament to the development of TRF receivers prior to the Superhet taking 1st place.
The time spent packing and protecting the above is greatly appreciated as all arrived 100% undamaged.
Mike

electronicskip 16th Mar 2021 7:52 pm

Many thanks to Crackle for the KB 247 Pup.
Arrived in prefect condition well packed.

Skywave 16th Mar 2021 10:41 pm

My many thanks to arjoll for the assistance received in getting an installation of Windows 10 to 'talk' to a network shared LaserJet 4 printer, for which a specific driver for Windows 10 does not exist. >:( Getting that to work was no easy task! :devil:

Al.

DMcMahon 17th Mar 2021 5:23 pm

A big thank you to Alan SP15 for the free Akai R2R parts that arrived today, they will come in useful.

David

DMcMahon 19th Mar 2021 5:49 pm

Thank you to stevehertz for the BTH BBC headphones that safely arrived yesterday.

David

Stuart R 20th Mar 2021 8:07 pm

Thanks to terrybull for offering the TP-Link Wireless Router.

Have installed it at Mum & Dad's and they now appear to have Wi-Fi that works first time!

Thanks for the prompt postage too!

SR