UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Phil G4SPZ 22nd Jan 2018 1:53 am

Re: The Thanks Thread

My grateful thanks to Trevor, a.k.a. Noble Kiwi for valuable information on restoring my Megger Circuit Testing Ohmmeter and for helping turn it into a Success Story!

David G4EBT 24th Jan 2018 4:16 pm

Many thanks to 'Nick The Dentist' for kindly sending me an instruction book and guarantee dated 1965, for a Dynatron Carnival GR8 record player, one of which I have, which I restored some time ago. A nice addition to go with it.

OldTechFan96 1st Feb 2018 7:20 pm

A big thank you to 'LIVEWIRE?' for sending me a Garrard stylus balance so that I can check the stylus pressure of my Pye BB.

Nymrod121 2nd Feb 2018 1:44 pm

Many thanks to David (Terrybull) for sending me a very nice Sony DAB/FM portable radio. Now I can listen to Gold while getting on with fitting out my workshop :)

A nice example of Sony design, David and I really appreciate all the care you'd obviously taken in its packaging/marking up/consigning. :thumbsup:

Best wishes
Guy

Skywave 2nd Feb 2018 2:37 pm

My thanks to Whiskas for the two PATA hard disk drives and my thanks to ambientnoise for the Advance 63 signal generator.

Al. / Feb. 2nd., 2018

HamishBoxer 2nd Feb 2018 8:38 pm

Thank you G6Tanuki for the microphone,excellent.

Regards,

David

ukcol 3rd Feb 2018 11:12 am

Grateful thanks to Glyn (Welsh Anorak) for his generosity in supplying me with a board for the Toshiba RDXV60KB.

Reelman 4th Feb 2018 8:42 pm

Grateful thanks to David (Hamishboxer) for the Pye Lynx camera I collected from him and his wife today. Good to meet you both.
Just now got to try and remember where I put my C mount lens and I can give it a go.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Peter

Nymrod121 5th Feb 2018 4:26 pm

Many thanks to Nickthedentist for sending me a Huawei Youview box.
Cheers, Nick! :thumbsup:

Reelman 5th Feb 2018 6:57 pm

Many thanks to Steve_Bell for the Round the Horne tapes that arrived today. Many happy hours to follow listening to them!

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Peter

electronicskip 8th Feb 2018 4:08 pm

Thanks to Courtney for coming down and taking a mountain of computer stuff off my hands and giving me a little room.

Mikey66 10th Feb 2018 4:25 pm

Thanks to brunel for the Panasonic VCR and the tapes.

1100 man 13th Feb 2018 1:01 pm

Many thanks to Barry (Audio 1950) for going to the trouble of stripping down a spare motor and sending me a tiny ball bearing and spring for my gramophone.
Most appreciated :thumbsup:
All the best
Nick

poppydog 15th Feb 2018 8:53 am

Thanks to G3VFB Anton for the Heathkit IP-20U power supply that arrived safe and sound yesterday:). Very pleased thank you.
regards poppydog

Ted Kendall 18th Feb 2018 11:05 am

Thanks to Nik and his mum for letting another nutter take over his dad's stuff...! - and to Steve for a nice pile of magazines and a natter. It's a while since I've seen as much brushed aluminium in one place! Good on yer...

HamishBoxer 21st Feb 2018 2:01 pm

Many thanks to David G4EBT Phone arrived superbly packed and mint.

73,s David

russell_w_b 21st Feb 2018 10:55 pm

Many thanks to Nymrod121 for the loan of the WiFi adaptor. I'm sending this in 3G! :)

Outrun_uk 21st Feb 2018 10:56 pm

Many thanks to LukeG83 for the Sharp B&W portable TV - exactly what I was looking for! :D

TonyDuell 22nd Feb 2018 7:17 pm

Many thanks to 'mark2collection' for the box of ERT service sheets, etc. That's going to be many hours of interesting reading.

Diabolical Artificer 23rd Feb 2018 3:23 pm

A big thank you to Joe for the Minicraft drill thingey.

Andy.