UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Clubs, Groups and Societies (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   BVWS Swapmeet in North West (23rd Nov) (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32897)

Mike Phelan 4th Oct 2008 8:42 am

BVWS Swapmeet in North West (23rd Nov)

The title says it all. It's at Lowton Civic Hall: Lowton is just off the East Lancs Road (A580) and not too far from the M6 or M60/61. WA3 2AH.

See you there?

Dave Moll 4th Oct 2008 5:48 pm

Re: BVWS Swapmeet in North West (23rd Nov)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Phelan (Post 204320)
See you there?

Yes, I'm hoping to be there.

I'm intending to book a stall in the hope of rehoming a variety of items to make a bit of space here.

dave walsh 4th Oct 2008 7:07 pm

I should be able to do that. Is this one down to John Marshmagan's mate?
I went to a regular type Radio Rally at this venue in 2006 and it's an excellent site. It's down a relatively narrow side road with it's own car park. Things were a bit hectic on that occasion as the amateur radio fraternity turned up in droves but [based on the Sale experience] that should not be a problem for this event-although perhaps it might be better if it was:D Dave W

murphymad 16th Oct 2008 8:56 am

Hi All,

This is an Official BVWS event.

The organizer is Mr. Mark Riding, all details within BVWS Bulletin and stall booking form.

Mark has kindly agreed to organise and run this event, and The BVWS Committee thank him for this, knowing how much effort and time it takes.

The BVWS stall will be there. We are also intending on taking a quantity of other assorted radios/equipment for sale from the store as well.

There will also be a display of working 405 Line TV's running throughout the day!

There will also be plenty of tea/coffee and light refreshments available from the kitchen.

Please support this event if you can.

Certainly, If I can make the effort to travel up from Wiltshire to this event, then others ought to be able to attend from at least the midlands and the north to make this event what it deserves to be.

See you all there...

Mike...

dave walsh 17th Oct 2008 1:07 am

I absolutely agree with Mike. My brother took me to Sale last year and he was very impressed despite being non-technical. It's no good advocating a Northern event if you don't go! Dave W

Paul Stenning 17th Oct 2008 8:16 am

I'll add it to the BVWS website events page and the front page over the weekend.

Dave Moll 17th Oct 2008 4:43 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Moll (Post 204402)
I'm intending to book a stall...

I have now booked and expect to be running a "bargain basement".

Steve_P 17th Oct 2008 10:43 pm

There might be another event there.

Yours Truly will be there, complete with Dilys who will be on the door, and I won't be selling sets but I will be an advice guru. (OK, more like a bodge and run doctor!)

Cheers,

Steve P.

dickiplast 17th Oct 2008 11:51 pm

I'll be SUPPORTING his event too.:thumbsup::clap:
But do I need a ticket or can I pay at the door,
I am a BVWS member.
Regards Ian

stuie319 18th Oct 2008 1:49 am

Is it a members only gig or can anyone pay on the door?

Mark the Mender 18th Oct 2008 9:04 am

Tickets are for stallholders and helpers, there is a facility to pay at the door;D

cheers Mark

telstar 28th Oct 2008 8:41 pm

Hi. I can get to Warrington Central railway station from Leeds on Trans-Pennine express train quite easily. The main thing is getting from the train station in Warrington (and return) to the event - are there any bus connections on that date ?
Regards
Mike

Darren-UK 29th Oct 2008 12:28 am

Why Warrington Central? Trains depart Leeds at ten minutes past the hour on that day and the majority will take you to Newton Le Willows without any changes. Check for engineering works on the railway though.

NLW is about 2½ miles from Lowton. I don't know about buses, but a taxi shouldn't be too expensive for that short journey.

timewave 29th Oct 2008 10:37 am

I will try to get there although I have nothing to sell and I really shouldn't buy anything but it would be nice to meet a few people.

What time is kick off?

John

Mark the Mender 29th Oct 2008 12:03 pm

10am Start John see you there;)

telstar 29th Oct 2008 8:33 pm

Hi Darren. Many thanks for the info on trains from Leeds. I will try and organise some train times to and from Leeds, and get a taxi organised from NLW station to the event (and return). I am looking forward to the event, although I do not have anything to swap as such.
Regards
Mike

stevekendal 8th Nov 2008 2:09 pm

Hopefully, pending the go-ahead from Mark, your's truly will be there, with as many radios, tellies, parts etc as I can cram into the Berlingo van.:) No, I havent given up. Its just that I cant even see my workbench, let alone do any repairs, for the mountain of stuff crowded around it. :wall: Hopefully, some of you guys there will be able to give me advice on how to overcome the obsession. Steve.

Mike Phelan 8th Nov 2008 3:22 pm

You must be joking, Steve! I think most of us here need advice on that, or maybe we don't want it. ;)

It's looking good at Lowton - there seem to be a few members that I only know by name; 'twould be nice to put faces to them. I always pin some sort of a label with my name on so others can see it (and I can remember who I am - a bit like Paddington).

See you then.

Colin 8th Nov 2008 4:11 pm

Daren't ask where you keep your marmalade sandwiches!

dave walsh 8th Nov 2008 5:39 pm

I'll go for Mikes badge idea with or without "butties". It would be good to ID people, although I appreciate that not everyone is into that level of immediacy. I'm hoping to rendezvous with Mike from Newcastle and pass on an amp for his gianormous Dynatron TV Rebuild Project!
Sounds like a potentially bigger turn out than Sale but that was very usefull for those who got there. It's not just about buying more items [although that can come into it I believe]. I was able to take a set in for someone to get a good photo of the innards last time for example. Dave W