UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Chris55000 24th May 2023 1:30 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Thanks to "Electrical" Stan for sending me a copy of the PM5544 Manual and for all the useful information he posted elsewhere on the Forum regarding Caption Lettering Programming, etc!

There's tons for me to study, especially as noises are being made for adding the PM5544's Coloured Brackets and the 'Colourless Bits" to the M.B. 1979 Test Card Generator!

Chris Williams

ValvoStef 24th May 2023 4:23 pm

A big thank you to yestertech for supplying me with two much wanted valves.

Reelman 24th May 2023 4:57 pm

Many thanks to ScottBouch for the meters safely received. Surprised that there was no other interest, perhaps digital ones have more attraction these days….

Gratefully received!

Peter

terrybull 25th May 2023 4:58 pm

My thanks to Paul Stenning and Christopher aka high vacuum house for transporting a computer case for me. Collected today.

DMcMahon 30th May 2023 1:46 pm

Thankyou to Scott (ScottBouch) for the wire ended bulbs that safely arrived this morning.

David

deliverance 1st Jun 2023 1:22 pm

Thanks to Wavey Dipole for the AVO well packed and prompt delivery cheers Chris.

m0cemdave 1st Jun 2023 7:16 pm

Thanks to Woodchips for the B&K amplifier, which I collected this morning.

(Looks like it should be easy to get going, but I'm not doing anything till I've replaced a pair of well cracked RIFAs across the 160V AC lines...)

agardiner 2nd Jun 2023 4:32 pm

Many thanks indeed to gingpeakin for the Thandar Oscilloscope. I have wanted one of these since being a teenager. Looking forward to restoring it!

Cobaltblue 2nd Jun 2023 4:46 pm

A real big thankyou to Barnjet for the Roberts RMB

He made real efforts to ensure I got the set in fantastic condition.

Cheers

Mike T

williamsunique 2nd Jun 2023 7:03 pm

Thankyou to Rob (whiskas) for the last batch of tapes. Much appreciated.

Paul

paulsherwin 3rd Jun 2023 3:33 pm

Thanks to Adrian (agardiner) for the generous donation of the pen meter - a very useful device which is much appreciated.

factory 4th Jun 2023 1:28 pm

Thank you to AnalogueMan for the ALL03 programmer & Eprom eraser, hopefully I'll be able to put together a 386 based PC to use with it, from various bits I've collected over the years.

David

60 oldjohn 5th Jun 2023 3:28 pm

A big thank you to David, FERNSEH for the many trade & TV magazines I needed for some research.

Also a big thank you to Ed Dinning for collecting the magazines from David and delivering them to me in Hull.

John.

Chris55000 5th Jun 2023 4:27 pm

And my thanks to Member Gingpeakin also for the Mullard PAL Colour TV System and Circuits Book!

. . .Alas to say I'd never get a dual standard CTV in my friend's house I'm afraid, so I'm going to do the next best thing I've got room for, designing a special unit to generate the special Philips PM5508 Decoder Alignment Test patterns!

Chris Williams

DMcMahon 5th Jun 2023 4:48 pm

Thankyou to Chris (Luxman1050) for the Shallcross 6100 Wheatstone Bridge, very generous to provide this FOC. Safely arrived yesterday, was well packed.

Look forward soon to playing with it.

David

Reelman 7th Jun 2023 11:44 am

Many thanks to Adrian (agardiner) for the neckband radio, going to be useful. Once you have used wire less ‘phones you never want to go back to wired ones!

Also thanks to Les (TowerRadio) for sending the mega caps so quickly, going to look impressive in any project.

Peter

agardiner 9th Jun 2023 7:17 pm

Many thanks again to gingpeakin for sending over the accessories for the Thandar oscilloscope. Really nice to have the complete package. Thanks!

m0cemdave 9th Jun 2023 9:58 pm

Many thanks to Sinewave for the equipment trolley, perfect for housing some of my test gear.

Reelman 13th Jun 2023 1:15 pm

A big thank you to Alan, AnalogueMan for the Casio TV. I think that the hard part will be getting the BBC to restart analogue transmissions….;D

Peter

DMcMahon 15th Jun 2023 11:04 pm

A thank you to Rob (whiskas) for the various items from Workshop clearance # 12 & 13 that safely arrived today.

David