UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Al (astral highway) 12th Oct 2017 2:31 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Massive thanks to Malcolm G6ANZ for sending me a consignment of pulse capacitors that are perfect for my current project. It feels like a lucky sign after a few recent setbacks with it!

Thanks again for your generosity and thoughtfulness, Malcolm!

See you on the forum

mole42uk 16th Oct 2017 12:53 pm

Thanks to Simon for a boot-ful of old oscilloscopes....

It was good to meet you!

electronicskip 18th Oct 2017 2:08 pm

Big thank you to stevehertz for bringing down all the N1702/V2000 Video recorders today for me ,
Also nice coffee and a chat too , thank you
Richard.

TonyDuell 20th Oct 2017 6:01 pm

Thanks to 'philips210' for sending me a few grip rings. One of them was a perfect replacement for the one that broke in my Philips N4450 tape recorder and this will make my repairs a bit easier.

Boater Sam 21st Oct 2017 5:50 pm

Big thanks to GrahamN for sending me veneer to repair the Murphy A188.

I really do owe him, he would not accept even the postage cost. Thank you Graham.

M0FYA Andy 25th Oct 2017 9:24 pm

Many thanks to Phil G4SPZ for the Post Office relay, received in the post today.

Andy

Wendymott 26th Oct 2017 11:24 pm

:)A "BIG" thanks to Jeremy G0HZU for his help and guidance with my latest project which contains various filters, of which I have no knowledge of calculating myself. There are a number of members that are worthy of note also, but to name them would be embarrassing to myself if I missed one out..... so THANK YOU ALL. :D :D :D

greg_simons 29th Oct 2017 1:33 pm

Many thanks to ed dinning master of all things wound who has rebuild the mains transformer for my pye qac3 project and supplied a couple of valves including the uber rare tv4 tuning indicator.
Greg.

1955APREN 31st Oct 2017 8:33 pm

Special thanks to Phil G4spz for putting in touch with the owner
of a grudig p1421 mtv thanks .
regards Derrick

David G4EBT 1st Nov 2017 6:26 pm

Many thanks to Howard, 'omegaman', for kindly sending me quite a stock of Seno 'rub-down' PCB transfers, which are no longer obtainable.

Carefully packed too, in a 'Do Not Bend' envelope. How thoughtful.

Quite the most exciting thing that's happened to me this week so far!

Omegaman 1st Nov 2017 6:37 pm

You're very welcome, David.

HamishBoxer 6th Nov 2017 5:34 pm

Thank you Greg (audiomagpie) for fast arrival of missing mag.

David

Skywave 9th Nov 2017 8:53 pm

My thanks to Jeremy (Pamphonica) for the sale & despatch of a Hatfield 6-decade resistance box.

Al. / Skywave.

TonyDuell 9th Nov 2017 9:17 pm

Many thanks to 'Yestertech' for the interesting Sony TC521A tape recorder. It's another 'different' machine for my every-growing collection.

Tazman1966 14th Nov 2017 10:26 pm

Many thanks to davidh1041 for sending me the new EHT multiplier for my little Decca CS1730. Much appreciated :)

Al (astral highway) 15th Nov 2017 2:46 pm

Many thanks to Richard (Mole42UK) for doing such an incredible job of lathe-winding a big inductor for me.

The more than 1,000 turns of wire are perfectly laid without a single kink or bump and the whole thing is finished in several coats of immaculate varnish.

The job couldn't have been done to a higher standard.

Thank you again Richard, do let me know what your collecting interests are and if there are any parts that I might have that could be useful to you.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Phil G4SPZ 15th Nov 2017 10:51 pm

I'd like to thank Ron Bryan for sending me the circuit diagram and details for a Nombrex model 29-X signal generator, less than twelve hours after I posted an 'info wanted' request. Thanks very much, Ron!

TonyDuell 16th Nov 2017 7:21 pm

Many thanks to 'robinshack' for sending me a pdf of the manual for my Pye SG5U signal generator. It has saved me a lot of time and effort working it out for myself.

CambridgeWorks 16th Nov 2017 8:40 pm

Nice to be of assistance for once! As I said, if anyone else needs any circuit info on ex-Pye Telecom produced test gear, just ask. I have quite a few that I copied as my own pdf library.
Generally, the test gear was of quite good quality. Certainly built to withstand a field engineer environment in the back of a transit van! Older stuff made in Finglas, Ireland, more recent in Cambridge, where I often used to visit!
Rob

Al (astral highway) 18th Nov 2017 4:57 pm

Thank you to Mike (VT FUSE) for sending me a DC EHT probe --very generous of you indeed and a useful bit of kit!