UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Boater Sam 23rd Mar 2016 12:37 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Thanks to Norman Raeburn for the Mini-mod coils, another project under way.

Cobaltblue 23rd Mar 2016 10:35 pm

I would like to Thank Mike (Mikebay) for the rather nice PYE subject of this thread https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=124151

It was a pleasure to meet Mike and have a wander around his shack I just wish I had a few more hours to spare.

Mike and his XYL made me feel very welcome.

Thanks Mike the PYE will be with me for quite some time :thumbsup:

I am sure Mike will be relieved to hear I got back in time to prepare a nice lunch for SWMBO.

Cheers

Mike T

Radiocruncher 29th Mar 2016 2:36 pm

I would like to thank Trevor (Valveaudio) for kindly posting me out a dial cord spring for my Roberts R900.

Thanks a lot Trevor its greatly appreciated.

Graham

paulsherwin 29th Mar 2016 8:17 pm

Thanks to Bill (AC/HL) for the replacement woofer for my Omar CR251 speakers, and for taking the trouble to post it. Much appreciated.

Herald1360 3rd Apr 2016 10:01 pm

My thanks to "terrybull" for the little Pioneer XC-L7 system I picked up today. It's a stylish mini system that sounds pretty good to my ears with a CD playing as I write. It should cheer up the sound from the ghastly speakered holiday cottage compact LCD TV no end when I get a suitable lead!

Radiocruncher 13th Apr 2016 8:08 pm

I would like to thank Richard (Dickie) for sending me a donor Dynatron Tourist to help repair mine. Greatly appreciated.

Ti Pwun 14th Apr 2016 8:57 am

Many thanks to Richard (Mole42uk) for the V6 VVM.

Also belated thanks to Vince (FIXITNOW) for the D65 scope and to Roger (RojDW48) for the Goodmans Module 80. I had planned to put a thanks post here when I had worked on them but I'm battling health issues so things are taking longer than I expected. Thank you.

SiriusHardware 14th Apr 2016 10:12 pm

Thanks from me to 'terrybull' as well, for not only sorting out and sending us a really nice ipod dock but actually fixing it as well after it failed a pre-despatch check.

Ti Pwun 17th Apr 2016 6:34 pm

Big thanks to John (raditechman) for the Cossor 338, and especially for taking a bicycle trip to Homebase for a suitable box. Very much appreciated.

neil24-7 18th Apr 2016 7:12 pm

I would just like to thank Ed Dinning for checking over my valve tester, a true gentleman and an absolute star.

Cheers Ed :beer:

Phil G4SPZ 21st Apr 2016 1:49 pm

A big thank-you to Doug_h for the Avometer and for going out of his way to deliver it :wave:

Radiocruncher 23rd Apr 2016 8:18 am

I'd like to thank Glyn (Welsh Anorak) for sending me the Roberts tech specs and trader sheets. Really nice to have the originals. I will of course make them available to other forum members as long as it doesn't conflict with the forum rules regarding service info.

Thanks Glyn

Kind regards

Graham

DangerMan 23rd Apr 2016 5:35 pm

I'd very much like to thank Peter (PeterGM4WCE) for the Ekco TC138 and Murphy radio and also for having already brought them down from the loft before we arrived. A very nice surprise indeed.
It was a pleasure to meet you, and thanks again.

Pete

camallison 26th Apr 2016 10:38 am

A big thank you to Ti Pwun (Jon) for the 2 PMR radios which arrived this morning. As Jon knows, they will be put to very good use.

Colin

electronicskip 1st May 2016 8:48 pm

I second that having received my 2 PMRs also .
thank you Jon.

ajs37 11th May 2016 8:31 pm

Big thankyou to Graham-R for offering an Armstrong 526 and to Vinylspinner for delivering it to Bristol - top guys!

trickie_dickie 14th May 2016 11:22 am

A BIG thank you to Scott Bouchard for the Voltmeter / Ampmeter which arrived safely today.

Phil G4SPZ 14th May 2016 12:08 pm

Many thanks to Michael a.k.a 'LIVEWIRE' for the original Grundig Stenorette manuals from 1955. Perfect, just what I needed :clap:

camallison 14th May 2016 1:32 pm

A huge thank you to Cobaltblue for the power supply unit, already put to good use.

Colin

Restoration73 15th May 2016 5:08 pm

Very many thanks to standingwave (Terry) for the Sony U-matic manuals.

Tony