UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Vintage Amateur and Military Radio (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Standard Logo - Have you seen one of these? (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=153914)

jamesinnewcastl 10th Feb 2019 11:14 pm

Standard Logo - Have you seen one of these?

2 Attachment(s)
Hi All

Long shot, but has anyone got any equipment with the same label as the one attached to the controller in the attached photo? It says Standard Radio and there is some sort of 'dart' like graphic.

Or has anyone got a good photo of the label?

Cheers
James

M0FYA Andy 10th Feb 2019 11:43 pm

Re: Standard Logo - Have you seen one of these?

James,

That 'dart' logo does look familiar, but on much later post-war equipment, I'll see what I can find tomorrow.

Andy

M0FYA Andy 11th Feb 2019 10:17 am

James,
Have a look at ebay item 192818085767.
I guess this dates from the 60's, and fittingly it is an ILS Junction Box, so a descendant of SBA.
Of course logos get 'refreshed', so whether it is identical I don't know.
Andy

russell_w_b 11th Feb 2019 12:51 pm

I have a black and chromed metallic 'Standard Radio' label about a foot long that came from the VHF Band II 10kW transmitters at Kirk o' Shotts which were ripped out about '84. Same ones that were in Sandale and other UK VHF main transmitters.

jamesinnewcastl 11th Feb 2019 2:03 pm

Andy

You are a star! In colour too. I strongly suspect that the Logo was generated for 'landing guidance' products so I'm going with it. I've been looking at much older adverts and references.

Russell

Is it the same as the one Andy referenced? If so, could you take a nice perpendicular photo of it for me please?

The next best thing to the internet are the forums!

Cheers
James

russell_w_b 12th Feb 2019 11:50 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesinnewcastl (Post 1119488)

Russell

Is it the same as the one Andy referenced? If so, could you take a nice perpendicular photo of it for me please?

James, of course I shall. But it's over at my mam's in Workington, so I'll retrieve it when I'm next over.

jamesinnewcastl 12th Feb 2019 1:29 pm

Hi Russell

Thanks very much - I'd like to get the colours correct - brass and silver can photograph dark of ligh depending on the angle and what they are reflecting cuurently I am leaning towards a brass plate with a white dart and black writing!

Cheers
James

russell_w_b 12th Feb 2019 11:06 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Here's another one I found down the shed, James. I have a feeling this came off one of the WWII-vintage ST&C CS8 HF dual-channel broadcast transmitters from Skelton 'B' (OSE9). It's black and chrome.