UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Unknown Remote CU FOC (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=143734)

Bookman 7th Feb 2018 2:19 pm

Unknown Remote CU FOC

2 Attachment(s)
I had ordered what was advertised as a comparable RCU for a Philips CD304 cd player but received that pictured instead. No idea what it is for but it is FOC plus P&P (jiffy) to anyone who may have an interest.

paulsherwin 7th Feb 2018 2:42 pm

Re: Unknown Remote CU FOC

CXC1494 (printed on the back) appears to be a Pioneer remote code.

ben 7th Feb 2018 7:30 pm

Looks like a Pioneer DVD/home cinema type controller, have you tried adjusting that switch on the right hand side? in one of the modes it may operate a cd player.

In any case, most pound shop universal remotes should work Philips players. Look also for marantz controllers.

Bookman 8th Feb 2018 9:30 am

Thanks Ben, I did try the device in all of its modes but with no luck. I will however check out the Pound shops; we have a couple local to us.

Bookman 9th Feb 2018 4:24 pm

Ben was correct in so far as the pound shops have come to the rescue. More specifically, "Proper Job" with their 1.99 Power Plus unit. Simple programming which allows remote programming of channels and in track FF/FR; what else would one need?

Being a Yorkshire born person we were taught never to spend a penny if a halfpenny will do.

paulsherwin 9th Feb 2018 4:57 pm

Philips/Marantz players are generally well supported by cheap universal remotes.

ben 9th Feb 2018 10:37 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bookman (Post 1015500)
Ben was correct in so far as the pound shops have come to the rescue. More specifically, "Proper Job" with their 1.99 Power Plus unit. Simple programming which allows remote programming of channels and in track FF/FR; what else would one need?

Being a Yorkshire born person we were taught never to spend a penny if a halfpenny will do.

Aye, nowt wrong wi' pound shop stuff! Glad it worked out :beer:

darren67 13th Feb 2018 11:56 am

Might have to try the pound shops myself I'm after a remote for an Accoustic Solutions Micro FM DAB CD system. Scouring the interweb has so far proved fruitless.

Regards, Darren.

ben 13th Feb 2018 1:57 pm

One problem you might find is that unless you're dealing with the likes of Sony, Panasonic or another giant, it is hard to know who actually made the kit. Often these smaller systems were imported and badged differently in other countries.

I recently had to find a manual for a CD-mp3-radio portable sold by a Spanish hypermarket. I ended up finding a manual under the name Schneider. Think I did a few general image searches for 'red cd mp3' then used part of the model number to narrow it down.