UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   1 Meg ganged log pot (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=159522)

vidjoman 8th Sep 2019 1:15 pm

Re: 1 Meg ganged log pot

Cut a bit off the old control shaft and joint it with a bit of tube, plastic or metal, even bend up a bit of a baked bean can, then add a bit of suitable glue and you have an extended shaft.

stumted2 8th Sep 2019 8:15 pm

Hi vidjoman,

Many thanks for you message and tips, in the same train of thoughts, I could possibly use two lots of heatshrink.

If I can't find a coupler, I may well do as you suggest.

Many thanks once again, all my kindest regards,
Ted.

vidjoman 8th Sep 2019 9:56 pm

Before you heatshrink it use araldite or similar epoxy as a filler and then shrink it - it'll make it stronger.

stumted2 9th Sep 2019 9:50 am

Hi vidjoman,

Many thanks for your kind help, that's a good idea and I was also thinking of cutting a slot in each shaft and fitting in a piece of metal in to act as a key for added strength.

Many thanks once again for your very kind help.

All my kindest regards,
Ted.

leslie5555 11th Sep 2019 5:05 am

There are some shaft extensions kits listed on e bay sorry I don't know how to post links .
With regard to the cartridge you are correct in saying it should have a medium output fitted.

captainpugwash 11th Sep 2019 9:11 am

1 Attachment(s)
Good morning Ted,
I was looking for something else yesterday and saw this.
It is 1meg log as you need. The body is 1 1/4 diameter, 3 1/4 overall and from the top of the lugs on the body to the end of the spindle is 2.
If this is any use, pm me your address and I will pop it off to you free of charge.
Kind regards,
David

stumted2 11th Sep 2019 9:30 am

Hi Leslie 5555,

Many thanks for your message and much appreciated kind help, I have managed to find some couplers and ordered five, and many thanks for the info on the cartridge.

Hi David,

Many thanks for your very kind help and offer, I have managed to find a replacement pot now, so all should be ok. but I just can't thank you enough for your very kind offer, you are a true gentleman.

Many, many thanks to you both, all my very best and kindest regards,

Ted.

captainpugwash 11th Sep 2019 11:55 am

Good morning Ted,
I was looking for something else yesterday and saw this.
It is 1meg log as you need. The body is 1 1/4 diameter, 3 1/4 overall and from the top of the lugs on the body to the end of the spindle is 2.
If this is any use, pm me your address and I will pop it off to you free of charge.
Kind regards,
David