UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

bobbyball 7th Oct 2013 10:47 pm

Re: The Thanks thread.

Thanks to two Forum members -"cmjones01" - for the Barco CRT monitor, and especially to "dodgy-dxer" for collecting it for me from cmjones01, holding on to it for a bit, and meeting me away from his own home due to local roadworks to deliver it to me!

There are some "nice guys" left!

Miguel Lopez 9th Oct 2013 7:43 pm

I have received a parcel with plenty of components: resistors, caps, transistors, diodes, LEDs, etc. This parcel was stopped in Spain for more than a year due to unlucky circumstances but it is finally in my hands. I want to thank all the folks who helped to collect all this components to be sent to me. I won't mention names to avoid the risk to forget any.

To all of you: Thank you very much :thumbsup:

Philips210 10th Oct 2013 9:10 pm

Many thanks to forum member dave_n_t (Dave Teague) for kindly sending me some excellent BVWS magazines.

Regards
Symon.

Phil G4SPZ 11th Oct 2013 12:09 am

Thanks to Steve (Colourstar) for the dance band LPs, plus the free HMV fan heater and BSR deck! :wave:

glowinganode 13th Oct 2013 11:48 am

Thanks Chris (Herald1360) for the dish washer.
Mrs. Anode is suitably excited.
Cheers, Rob.

paulsherwin 13th Oct 2013 12:43 pm

Thanks to Ken (Ambientnoise) for his BT Business Hub router which I've been having great fun investigating. He even paid the postage! Top man.

Paul Stenning 19th Oct 2013 4:07 pm

Email received:

Quote:

Dear Paul

I came to your site because I was looking for a solution for my VCR. The
mains supply VEK 5325 (video recorder Blaupunkt RTV 915 / Panasonic).
The good tip with the:
"You need to change the start-up cap, C9, which IS 1uF 400V you will see it
adjacent to R3" was absolutely true.

Here I would say everyone in the Forum a thank you for this help. The
recorder is working again.

With regards
frederikus

Mikey66 21st Oct 2013 11:51 am

Thanks to Andy (setsappeal) for the 1978 - 79 red book.

Anthony Thomas 21st Oct 2013 8:26 pm

Thanks to Ed Dinning for the coil formers that arrived today.

Tony

Anthony Thomas 21st Oct 2013 8:29 pm

A slightly belated thanks to Martin Crossley for the circuit board for the Sussex Valve Tester project that I have started collecting parts for.

Tony

Stuart R 23rd Oct 2013 7:13 pm

Big Thanks to John (60 oldjohn) for sending over a ferrite rod for my Bush VHF90 project. All arrived safely and in one piece due to a great bit of packing!

SR

YoungManGW 31st Oct 2013 4:52 pm

Many thanks to a Chris (crusher19860138) for the AW70 and for kindly including spare side-mount valves - much appreciated.

HamishBoxer 4th Nov 2013 2:11 pm

Thank You Bob (WOODCHIPS) for the Bulgins that are here today. Very grateful.

David

Damo666 5th Nov 2013 5:21 pm

A big thanks to Kernowcam who sent me the Motorola P210 as a result of my "Old PMR gear wanted" in the Wanted sub-forum.

Cheers, Ian. :beer:

MarkAT6 8th Nov 2013 11:37 am

many thanks to Alanomt for sending me (FOC) the Studio O Cartridge with all important stylus retaining screw!

Phil G4SPZ 8th Nov 2013 2:14 pm

A really big thank-you to Andy (Dr Wobble) for the old oil lamp, which I've now restored. It's brilliant (literally...) Cheers! :wave:

ukcol 11th Nov 2013 1:04 pm

Thanks to G6Tanuki, Paul Stenning, David, Nick, Alvin, Paul Sherwin and Mike who all helped me with knowledge and advice when I got in a mess with a 32Gb SDHC card.

YoungManGW 11th Nov 2013 6:29 pm

Many thanks to Robert Darwent and HamishBoxer for their kind assistance in checking out an Ekco A22 for me. Much appreciated. Regards.

GrimJosef 14th Nov 2013 7:06 pm

A big thank you to Chris (Herald1360) for the Leak Delta 70. I plan to repair it alongside one I already have and use each as a check for the operation of the other. Thanks also for showing me the GEC KT88 amps (I am now just a bit green with envy though ...).

Cheers,

GJ

Herald1360 15th Nov 2013 1:33 am

Nice to meet you, GJ! Mrs Herald reckoned those choccies were worth far more than any old electrical tat ;D