UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Kentode 25th Mar 2019 4:22 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Thanks here also to dave_n_t for the Scroggie's laboratory handbook received today.

That's my nights occupied for the next few weeks.:thumbsup:

Cheers Dave :beer:

mole42uk 26th Mar 2019 1:29 pm

Thanks here also to dave_n_t for the "Handbook of Wireless Telegraphy", vol I & II. Fascinating!

Nickthedentist 27th Mar 2019 1:26 pm

Thanks to Northyorks1 (Ian) for sending me, FOC(!) a lovely Bush AC11 radio in amazing packaging.

Nick.

TonyDuell 27th Mar 2019 1:35 pm

Many thanks to 'Fixitnow' for the 2 boxes of typewriter and adding machine service manuals. They are of great interest to me.

Nickthedentist 27th Mar 2019 5:12 pm

and also to Nymrod121 (Guy) for the very generous gift of an immaculate Samsung smartphone, and even for paying the postage. I'm very grateful indeed!

Nick.

HamishBoxer 29th Mar 2019 3:27 pm

Many Thanks Pete (GX4AAW) for the crystal that arrived today.

Best Regards,
David

boombox 29th Mar 2019 5:18 pm

Thanks to Rambo1152 for his help with my SPA3000!

Davewantsone 30th Mar 2019 2:40 pm

Many thanks to Steve (beltinge bore) for giving me a V4 chassis which arrived today.

ekjdm14 5th Apr 2019 12:15 pm

A big thank you to Paul Stenning and those associated with the running of the forum & service data side, received my service data DVD today & looking forward to seeing how many of my own collection I can find in there!

Ed_Dinning 8th Apr 2019 7:28 pm

Many thanks to Greg for the meters and Audiomagpie (FCS) for the safe delivery of a box or meters to Golbourne yesterday

Ed

OldTechFan96 9th Apr 2019 11:58 am

Thanks to captainpugwash for the Viscol soldering iron! I now can move forwards with the Ultra Model 50.

greg_simons 12th Apr 2019 6:05 pm

Many thanks to dazzlevision for getting in his time machine to retrieve the brc eht mod from 1970
its made life a bit easier for me with the project.

HamishBoxer 13th Apr 2019 4:53 pm

Many thanks Boater Sam for manuals.

Regards, David.

electronicskip 13th Apr 2019 5:12 pm

Another big thanks to Boater Sam for the instructions/diagrams sent , thank you.

Davewantsone 23rd Apr 2019 9:21 pm

Many thanks to Mark (Mark-in-manc) for transporting the HP scope all the way from Essex to Manchester. Thanks also to Dave for getting it to Marks address in Essex. Scope working fine.

ekjdm14 24th Apr 2019 1:07 pm

Thanks due to Ed Dinning for the Ekco A160 chassis, received all good today, dial glass and grille have survived and there's even 4 of the valves in place so not far off working in the big scheme of things. As described, unrestored down to the power cord and spider webs :)

Cheers,

electronicskip 25th Apr 2019 5:07 pm

Big thanks to trh01uk (Richard) for the military goodies I collected today.
Nice to meet you.

bikerhifinut 25th Apr 2019 5:39 pm

Thanks to Nigel, (Vinylspinner) for going well out of his way to deliver the Ron Smith FM aerial. Was good to catch up and have a yarn, hope you made it back ok.

Andy.

ekjdm14 25th Apr 2019 6:16 pm

More thanks due from me, firstly to Joe (The Pillenwerfer) for the booklets. Already come in useful for confirming valve substitutes & doubtless will again. Which brings me on nicely to thanking both Jerry (CathodeRay57) for digging up a UL46 from his stash, & also David (captainpugwash) for finding me a potentially good UL41.

Thank you all very much. Will hopefully end up making a "success story" of the A160 resurrection

Reelman 25th Apr 2019 7:52 pm

Many thanks to llama (Graham) for the DIN plugs just received.
Very pleased as they are much better quality than the ones I occasionally see nowadays.
Would not even let me pay for postage, another great example of forum membership behaviour.
Cheers!
Peter