UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Nymrod121 23rd Jan 2013 1:55 pm

Re: The Thanks thread.

Many thanks to Radio Wrangler for his kindness in donating a Tektronix 465 'scope (and also for his 'excellent comms' - as they say on eBay). I'm now well-set for resolving the damp-related problems on t'other one :thumbsup:

ben 25th Jan 2013 2:02 pm

Thanks to Nickthedentist for the tape splicer - ideal to replace my almost identical (and very heavily scored) one!

Nickthedentist 25th Jan 2013 2:50 pm

And thanks to Studio263 who kindly gave it to me, along with a huge box of goodies which I've kept for myself.

ITAM805 26th Jan 2013 12:09 pm

Thanks to Mick (vinrads) for the BA nuts and bolts he kindly sent me foc. :beer:

nickdoofah 4th Feb 2013 6:56 pm

Thanks to PaulDeH - my super vhs recorder arrived today for the cost of postage from scotland & it works perfectly even on my samsung 51" plasma excellent image & hifi sound!

Many thanks paul you made my day......19 year old hifi stereo tape from MTV europe playing now - Am a very happy bunny :)

Humber888 6th Apr 2013 3:26 pm

Many thanks to Alistair D for offering me some air filter material for my Tek 475 'scope, purely for the cost of postage. It is ideal and saved trying to get hold of a large sheet of air conditioner filter that might not have been the right thickness.

Cheers.

Mike

trickie_dickie 6th Apr 2013 7:29 pm

Many thanks to Sean Williams for the free valves. There's some real gems in there. :beer:

terrybull 9th Apr 2013 7:58 pm

My sincere thanks to colourstar and audiomagpie who helped in getting a big heavy box from Muphy Maniac at the Golbourne meet to within a few miles of me. Great stuff.

Panrock 8th May 2013 11:56 pm

A big thank you to Mike Barker who has done a terrific job rewinding the line output transformer from my Philips 17TG100U. The results are excellent. I now have a feeling of security whenever I run this set - I expect Mike's quality is better than the original!

Steve

bobbyball 12th May 2013 10:10 pm

Repeated from the "NVCF" thread but again I would like to say a big THANKS to Mike B and all the team for making the NVCF just finished today the BEST EVER...

Robert

HamishBoxer 17th May 2013 5:56 pm

Thank You David Harrison for fast safe arrival of a wanted valve.

Vicboduk 3rd Jun 2013 7:50 pm

Thank you to Mike and the Harpenden team this weekend. I arrived very late and the numbers seemed to be down. Even so, there were some bargains had during the auction despite Mike’s best efforts to get us to dig deeper. I was under strict orders but still came away with a nice little (easily hidden!) RGD set.

Vic

bobbyball 9th Jun 2013 9:57 pm

Just another round of Thanks to Mikey 405 for the usual memorable day in Solihull.

Also more Thanks to Keith (Keithstv) for diverting from his family business to drop off some "goodies" - eg the CRT based signal analyser that I "bagged".

Thanks to you both...

Robert

Freya 10th Jun 2013 7:32 pm

A big thanks to David Phillips (cre8anet) who donated a large amount of Ekco television service data to me, it really made my year.

Stephen

Mikeymushradio 10th Jun 2013 7:52 pm

Many thanks to GJ and Ambientnoise for their help in getting a DAC90 oop north in safety.

Thanks again much appreciated.

Mike

Philips210 12th Jun 2013 5:29 pm

Thanks very much to Nicklyons2 for kindly sending me an excellent Ferguson 3V16 service manual.

Regards
Symon.

ben 4th Jul 2013 11:24 pm

Thanks to Mickash for the turntable bits - A real gent ! They will come in very handy.

And also huge thanks to flyingtech55 for taking the trouble to send me a wonderful Sony VCR. Arrived safe and sound, extremely well packed, and is now being put to use!

mickash 5th Jul 2013 12:32 am

Thanks to Ian Rose and Dr Wobble for sending me the Pye P75 bits.

A_W_TYE 6th Jul 2013 11:11 am

Thanks to Glyn, (Welsh Anorak)

For sending me boards to repair a 42 inch plasma set.

Much appreciated .

Phil G4SPZ 8th Jul 2013 8:11 pm

Thanks to Ian Kirkpatrick (IJK2008) for going the extra mile and sending me not only hi-res photos of an AD75 back, as I requested, but also scans of the label and a paper template for the back itself.

Service above and beyond the call of duty! Thank you again Ian,

Phil