UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Al (astral highway) 17th Oct 2014 5:42 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

60 oldjohn - big thanks for sorting me out with a miscellany of nuts, bolts, washers and standoffs that I needed!

HamishBoxer 17th Oct 2014 8:16 pm

Thank You to all who left kind messages this week including our moderators.

Ti Pwun 21st Oct 2014 3:56 pm

Big thanks to Rob (crudmeister) for the very quick dispatch of the copper clad board. Much appreciated.

David G4EBT 21st Oct 2014 4:25 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ti Pwun (Post 715219)
Big thanks to Rob (crudmeister) for the very quick dispatch of the copper clad board. Much appreciated.

I'll second that!

Neatly packed and excellent quality board - many thanks Rob.

paulsherwin 22nd Oct 2014 7:02 pm

Thanks to Mike (Cobaltblue) for the Grundig Party Boy 700 which will give me something to play with through the winter.

Ti Pwun 23rd Oct 2014 4:19 pm

Many thanks to Tony (Restoration73) for the PE mag - much appreciated.

terrybull 26th Oct 2014 8:55 pm

Many thanks to Little-Freddie who went the extra mile (about 4 actually) today. MAny thanks Fred.

Radio Wrangler 29th Oct 2014 9:37 am

Many thanks to Dickie for the HP1740 scope,

And to Guy (Nymrod) for bringing it Northwards.

David

bikerhifinut 30th Oct 2014 10:21 pm

Thanks to Ed Dinning for very kindly taking in my C&S Schools radio to sort out the "magic smoke" problem. Much Appreciated Ed and the tips and hints re my impending power amp scratch projects.
Top Man!

Andy.

Restoration73 31st Oct 2014 12:52 pm

Thanks to music-centre (Steve) for the Pye P76 (and earlier, the HMV1121) - for items he offers on here, I can confirm everything sent is extremely well packed !

Nymrod121 31st Oct 2014 3:58 pm

Many thanks to John_BS for sending me the 'Jupiter' function generator :thumbsup:
Best wishes
Guy

threeseven 2nd Nov 2014 11:39 am

Many thanks to trh01uk for the HP 608C sig gen and a very interesting chat.

Nymrod121 3rd Nov 2014 1:04 pm

A big thank you to Al (Skywave) for letting me have a couple of absolute classics: Airmec 201 / Advance J2.
Your 'notes and sketches addenda' to the Airmec manual are very helpful, thanks!

Cheers Al :thumbsup:

Guy

Skywave 3rd Nov 2014 4:06 pm

And that "thank you" is reciprocated, Guy. I hope that those two items serve you well. It was a pleasant meeting in my workshop. As I have discovered many times before when meeting 'radio people', it is surprising how many are the same paths we have trodden, employment-wise, over the years. Perhaps we can trade again one day.
TTFN,
Al. / Nov. 3, '14 //

Ti Pwun 5th Nov 2014 8:09 pm

Many thanks to Guy (Nymrod121) for the Compaq riser card.

Outrun_uk 6th Nov 2014 10:27 pm

Thanks to maninashed (Bill) for the Television magazines which he very kindly brought up to Golborne last weekened.

Nicklyons2 7th Nov 2014 11:41 am

Many Thanks to 'Brunel' for the three radios I collected yesterday,

Best Wishes, Nick

HamishBoxer 7th Nov 2014 8:01 pm

Many Thanks Rob for going to the trouble of packing and sending the signal strength meter.

Regards David

Skywave 9th Nov 2014 12:17 pm

My thanks to the moderating team (or one particular moderator) who responded to my request to relocate a post I made about ATX PC PSUs to a more appropriate location: vintage computers.

Al. / Nov. 9, '14 //

medge799 18th Nov 2014 8:48 pm

Hi all,

A quick thanks to Ti Pwun for sending me a new dropper resistor! That's another old radio saved...

Ta,
Mark