UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Phil G4SPZ 24th Sep 2019 12:02 am

Re: The Thanks Thread

A very kind thought, Viscount, which I’m sure will be appreciated by many :thumbsup: Thank you for posting.

paulsherwin 24th Sep 2019 9:22 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reelman (Post 1177357)
A special thank you to Norman Raeburn for generously sending out the caps and diodes at no charge.
That was really good of you, cheers.
Peter

Thanks to Norman from me too. A generous gesture.

Karen O 25th Sep 2019 2:39 am

A few years ago I took a ton of data books off the hands of a member from a lovely part of Bristol. I am remiss in that I have forgotten his name/ID.

I have found fascination in these books, partly through stirring memories of chips from yesteryear, and partly through the excellent application notes that some of these books contain. I can find almost any data sheet on t'interweb yet nothing comes close to a real book in your hand.

I have had particular pleasure thumbing a copy of Lesea and Zaks 'Microprocessor interfacing techniques', that was amongst the books I acquired. I owned a copy of this book many years ago but lost it following a company collapse. It is really lovely to have a copy again.

Thanks are due to the person who gave me these books, whoever you are :)

'LIVEWIRE?' 29th Sep 2019 1:45 pm

Echoing Viscount, I would like to say Thank You to all forum members who have, over the years, helped me out with advice, and quite often supplied me with difficult to obtain items without which I couldn't have completed some projects or repairs. This, and other forums (Fora?) and the members are a very good way to exchange ideas, information, and to source parts. However did we all manage before the advent of the internet??

HamishBoxer 8th Oct 2019 3:16 pm

Many thanks to WendyMott for the coils.

Regards,

David

HamishBoxer 8th Oct 2019 3:18 pm

Many Thanks Diabolical Artificer for the switch.

Regards,

David

tritone 9th Oct 2019 9:50 am

An old Amp

Only thanks to you guys around here, aka,, Andy, Radio Wrangler, station x, Trevor, paulsherwin, Ed, G6Tanuki, trobbins, and all of you geniuses that I have a hit list that’s too long to mention all of you, that hang out here have helped me out big time !

I Salute you all !

Please keep it coming fella’s, I can and will give back.

Here’s a shot that Andy, Ed, and Radio Wrangler, and paulsherwin, helped me out with,
Another shot of my front door if you ever want to call in for a cup of tea and and shoot the breeze !

This forum is the best !

Thanks Guys,

Tritone. :)

Herald1360 15th Oct 2019 11:27 pm

ParcGwyn and Karen O have now relieved my garage of a shelf's worth of Brimar 'scope tubes.

Thanks guys and gals!

Gi4CZW Cliff 18th Oct 2019 3:01 pm

" terry123 " has helped me, by hunting-down/scanning/sending a copy of Practical Mechanics October 1952 for part 2 of a construction article on a hand loom. I know Fred will be please as he only had part 1 and has been waiting some time. For me reading the 1952 pages was a delight. So not everything is on the 'net. Terry thank you.
Gi4CZW Cliff.

Chris55000 18th Oct 2019 8:07 pm

Hi!

My grateful thanks to Mod. "AC/HL" Bill for putting me in touch with a non-member called Chris Flippard who offered me some Uno Lettering Stencil fonts.

Chris has made some beautiful facsimiles of the British Styles of letters used by the Magazine Publishers from the 1940s to the 1970s that are indistinguishable from the original ones printed in the magazines!

Out of respect to Chris and his hard work I'll wait till he gives me the nod, and then I'll post the files for everyone to use as soon as he does so!

Chris Williams

Kentode 24th Oct 2019 3:48 pm

Big thanks are due to Captainpugwash (David) for the big HMV DIPLOMAT.

What a beast!

Cheers David:beer:

eddie_ce 2nd Nov 2019 10:36 am

Many thanks to G8UWM-MildMartin for posting a set of PCBs for the Sussex Valve Tester. Posted on Monday, arrived here in Germany on Friday :D

Kentode 3rd Nov 2019 4:56 pm

A big thank you to John (Oldjohn) for finding me a replacement knob for my Pye P33.

Cheers John!:beer:

John10b 10th Nov 2019 8:22 pm

I would like to say thank you to Frank (Nuvistor) who helped me attach pictures using my iPad. Thank you again Frank.
Cheers
John

Red to black 14th Nov 2019 8:17 pm

A massive Thank you goes to Shuttle,
whom not only kindly offered FOC a couple of Fergy TX manuals (in absolute pristine condition too :thumbsup:) on here, But also posted them out to me FOC as well which I thought was incredibly generous of him, excellently well packed too I might add. :thumbsup:

Thanks once again Shuttle, at least have a couple of forum :beer: on me.
Cheers,
Baz

Karen O 15th Nov 2019 4:48 am

Many, many thanks to Bill (AC/HL) who kindly gave me an EPROM programmer, which worked flawlessly. I now have a completed Orton ZX79 computer!

eddie_ce 16th Nov 2019 2:40 pm

Many thanks to Davidh1041 for sending me a Stella/Philips tuner FOC and for packing it securely and sending with the carrier of my choice. Most grateful.

factory 16th Nov 2019 2:47 pm

Thank you to David G4EBT for identifying the type of displays used for the Velleman K2625 tacho kit for me and for posting a link to a source at Rapid electronics. :thumbsup:

David

cathoderay57 21st Nov 2019 10:08 am

Big thank you to Jeremy (Pamphonica) for agreeing FCS for a Marconi 538 to RWB.

Jerrt

Kentode 21st Nov 2019 4:38 pm

Thanks to Phil, pbengtech, for the precision resistors.

They are beautiful and chunky!;D