UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Forum 10 years old today! (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=91620)

Paul Stenning 20th Dec 2012 5:03 pm

Forum 10 years old today!

1 Attachment(s)
From my profile I joined this forum (as the first member and admin) on 20th December 2002, so that must mean that the forum is 10 years old today! :thumbsup:

Thank you to everyone who has participated, especially the long-term members and the mod team. Here's to the next 10 years! :beer:

yampy187 20th Dec 2012 5:18 pm

Re: Forum 10 years old today!

And thank you Paul. And the other moderators for making this invaluable resource such a nice place :)

Jan :)

mark pirate 20th Dec 2012 5:27 pm

Quote:

Here's to the next 10 years!
Could not agree more, thanks to everyone who has offered both help and parts over the years, there are a great bunch on here :thumbsup:
:beer:
Mark

Guest 20th Dec 2012 5:32 pm

If there was ever an excuse to open a bottle of beer this is it (FX... sound of crown cork being removed, then glug glug glug). Many thanks to Paul and the team for a super job.

ThePillenwerfer 20th Dec 2012 5:39 pm

Hear here!

- Joe

HamishBoxer 20th Dec 2012 6:00 pm

Happy Returns to the Forum,Thank You Paul.

kalee20 20th Dec 2012 6:12 pm

And a big thanks from me too!

jjl 20th Dec 2012 6:17 pm

Excellent. :clap:
Long may the forum continue.

John

dave cox 20th Dec 2012 6:21 pm

Yes, happy birthday and, most importantly, to 10 more years of polite discourse !

:beer:

robjkmannering 20th Dec 2012 6:33 pm

Indeed, happy birthday!
I would have a lot of silent radios without the forum....

Rob

yestertech 20th Dec 2012 7:07 pm

1 Attachment(s)
starting the celebrations as we speak....
another 10 and I won't be able to see anything remotely small like electronics, even with glasses.
Better hurry along those projects ..

Andy

Andrewausfa 20th Dec 2012 7:29 pm

Happy Birthday....though the missus, between clenched teeth, asked me to say "Thanks very much for the forum Paul. If Andrew hadn't have found it the house wouldn't be full of old radios and he wouldn't keep coming home like an excited five year old with things the size of a battleship that don't actually work".

Tazman1966 20th Dec 2012 7:50 pm

Happy birthday dear Forum, happy birthday to yoooooooou :D

Thanks to everyone that makes this forum what it is today. Long may it continue!

ukcol 20th Dec 2012 8:05 pm

A big thank you to Paul and his team. This Forum has been a success right from the beginning. You must be doing something right.;)

Here's to the next ten. :beer:

Colin M

phasedout 20th Dec 2012 8:08 pm

Thanks to everyone who makes this a great Forum. Happy 10th Birthday.....Alan.:clap:

Valvepower 20th Dec 2012 8:48 pm

Hi,

Well, happy birthday Forum. And In celebration I’ll don my smoking jacket and Quaff a glass of Chateau du Supermarket and read the forum whist I’m listening to a rather nice Leak Stereo 20 with some rather nice Mullards fitted.

Terry.

G8HQP Dave 20th Dec 2012 10:02 pm

A very useful, and friendly, forum. Many thanks!

Nickthedentist 20th Dec 2012 10:16 pm

Thank you Paul and all the moderators, both past and previous.

And equally, to all the forum's members who've contributed so much knowldege to it.

I'm looking forward to celebrating its 20th anniversary already.

Nick.

AndiiT 20th Dec 2012 11:04 pm

What can I say that hasn't already been said?, Happy Birthday to one of the best run forums on the internet :clap::beer:

Andrew

GJR 11L 20th Dec 2012 11:53 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrewausfa (Post 576775)
Happy Birthday....though the missus, between clenched teeth, asked me to say "Thanks very much for the forum Paul. If Andrew hadn't have found it the house wouldn't be full of old radios and he wouldn't keep coming home like an excited five year old with things the size of a battleship that don't actually work".

;D
These words are pure gold, much like the forum itself.
Many happy returns to the board and lang may its lum reek, as Burns would say had he been a member here.
:thumbsup: