UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Clubs, Groups and Societies (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   No Radiophiles (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=92052)

350i 3rd Jan 2013 4:23 pm

No Radiophiles

Hi all,

Due to being pretty busy with work this last year I haven't had much time for anything else, suppose I'm lucky taking the economy into account. I haven't been able to read much and my Christmas edition of the bulletin is still un-opened at present, I noticed however my copy of the Radiophile hadn't turned up. Looking back I realised the Autumn edition hadn't been received either, has there been a problem with them or have I just been unlucky?

Cheers,
Trevor

dave walsh 3rd Jan 2013 5:16 pm

Re: No Radiophiles

There was a thread from DavidW [not me] 6th December Trevor. I've got 126 [summer] but as they go to my northern address, I can't tell you anymore except I hadn't received Autumn by Nov 2nd when I came south. There were some other recent posts about this though [it's almost traditional] and I for one always expect there to be a delay built in. It was pointed out, however, that Chas himself was doubtfull that his longevity and lack of helpers would allow him to carry on with as many events etc in the future! [I think Cowbit was mentioned]. Can't seem to find these posts on here now ???
I'm planning to subscribe as usual unless advised otherwise.

Cheers,
Dave W
In Bexhill

Aerodyne 3rd Jan 2013 6:11 pm

As I recall, Chas mentioned in the last edition of the 'Radiophile' that he was considering dropping some of the 'expositions' (Chas' word, not mine) because of the problems in finding help with setting up beforehand and clearing away afterwards. Cowbit was an exception to this - he stated that he intended to keep the Cowbit meeting running.

There has been no magazine since issue 126 as far as I know. Certainly I don't have one. As I haven't heard from Chas recently I don't know if there's any significant problem over and above the usual late issuing situation.

We should be aware that putting a regular magazine together is not for the faint-hearted. As a one-off it would be possible for most of us to achieve, but year on year? That's a daunting task. Remember too that he is basically running things single-handed, including the auctions.
Tony

kalee20 3rd Jan 2013 6:42 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerodyne (Post 579516)
We should be aware that putting a regular magazine together is not for the faint-hearted. As a one-off it would be possible for most of us to achieve, but year on year? That's a daunting task.

That's my thoughts, too. I know the outfit that I've subscribed to, and if the Radiophile is late, then I'm not surprised.

Let's hope that nothing has happened to Chas that we don't know about!

350i 3rd Jan 2013 8:28 pm

Many thanks for the replies. Now my post has been moved to the correct section I've noticed the other post Dave. Summer 2012 is the last one I got, so I assumed I was missing both Autumn and Winter.
Sounds like I must be up to date after all then.

Sean Williams 3rd Jan 2013 9:26 pm

Winter in Eccleshall (Hyndesyte Hall) is usually mid March - I'm sure it is normal service, Chas seemed fine when I saw him early December.

Cheers
Sean

Mark James 4th Jan 2013 5:38 pm

I spoke to Chas today. He is fine although like many of us has had one of the viruses which are going around. Issue 127 of the Radiophile is printed and will go in the post this weekend. He now has no problems with help at the Radiophile events which will carry on as before.

Mark

Paul Stenning 4th Jan 2013 7:18 pm

All good news then (apart from the virus). Thanks Mark.

HamishBoxer 4th Jan 2013 9:15 pm

Let me say Chas has done very well over the years i having been a subscriber from day one and probaly not the correct way to put it,is not like the rest of us getting any younger.

Have known him for many years now from the days when i used to get down to help as a steward on the door.

HamishBoxer 5th Jan 2013 12:40 pm

Arrived today! Excellent as always.As i add are all the radio mags around.

kalee20 5th Jan 2013 5:52 pm

Mine arrived this morning! Guess what I'll be reading tonight by the fireside?

Horris 5th Jan 2013 9:21 pm

Received mine this morning, looking forward to yet another good read.

Dave
M0HBV