UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Phil G4SPZ 15th May 2016 5:45 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Thanks to Dave (Dazzlevision) for the very nice Fidelity, and also to Jim Medley for the valves and the excellent lunch at the NVCF today. Much appreciated, gentlemen! :wave:

Nymrod121 15th May 2016 6:20 pm

Many thanks to:

- Richard ('Dickie') for the Weller soldering station power supply;
- Ian ('Hermit6345') for the Eddystone 770R;
- Mark ('8 Tracker') for the Tektronix 7623.

A pleasure to meet you all today at NVCF ;D

Best wishes

Guy

poppydog 17th May 2016 10:59 pm

I would just like to thank the kind gentleman that gave me a break and found the time to give me the advice and guidance I needed to complete my repair. I have probably aged him 10 years, I even had a bit of a telling off in red ink! But once again thank you very much - you know who you are.
Regards
Poppydog

Ti Pwun 20th May 2016 9:29 am

Big thanks to Michael (LIVEWIRE?) for sorting me out with a Roberts R707 faceplate. Very much appreciated.

Jon.

poppydog 21st May 2016 6:45 pm

Many thanks to Ed Dining for the parcel I received today.
Regards
Poppydog

gary_crutchley 22nd May 2016 10:37 pm

Many thanks to Ed Dining for rewinding the LF Choke for our Cossor 3467. We will get it reinstalled and move forward with the restoration of this set.

SiriusHardware 24th May 2016 6:38 pm

Thanks to Ti Pwun, for looking after an Atari STE internal power supply for the best part of 30 years and then wrapping it very carefully before sending it to me.

gary_crutchley 28th May 2016 4:29 pm

Portadyne 230 radiogram restoration.

Thanks to everyone who advised on the above, your help is very much appreciated as we have now brought this family piece back to life.

Thanks especially to Boater Sam, Nick the Dentist, Herald1360, Edward Huggins, PW Drive and Phil G4SPZ for all of your invaluable help and advice.

Regards,

Gary

gary_crutchley 28th May 2016 5:14 pm

Cossor 3467 restoration.

This was another family heirloom so I am very pleased to be able to report that we have it up and working. As far as I can tell it dates from 1933.

Many thanks to Ed Dinning for rewinding the LF choke for us. Thanks also to Phil G4SPZ for his advice on the smoothing capacitors.

Thanks also to Herald1360, UKCOL, Cobaltblue, Merlinmaxwell, and Andrewausfa who all contributed to the discussion and the outcome.

Many thanks,

Gary

Thyristor 29th May 2016 6:12 pm

Many thanks to everyone, for their help, across the several Win 10 threads.

I've now 'seen the light' and am on Win 7 ! :thumbsup:

greg_simons 29th May 2016 10:06 pm

Many thanks to Richard aka slider to grid for hunting in the bowels of his stuff for a philips tvette mains lead.
Greg.

1955APREN 31st May 2016 11:16 pm

I would to say a big thank you to the following members
Who passed on lots of help in the repair of the Kenwood A97 amp.
Perciva1007
Dr Wobble
Fixitnow
Thanks all of you
Kind regards
Derrick

Skywave 3rd Jun 2016 11:07 pm

Re: The repair of an HP LaserJet 4 printer.

My thanks go to Terry, M0TGX; Peter, Dragonser; Kalee 20; Tony Duell; David, Radio Wrangler; Sean Williams; Cheerfulcharlie; Michael, Yesnaby - and also to anyone else who I appear to have overlooked: my sincere apologies. There were so many members who offered advice and suggestions that it has been a bit tricky trying to re-trace the appropriate posts and threads.

By way of a summary report, I have made a brief thread in the 'Success Stories' section.

Al.

Skywave 8th Jun 2016 11:18 am

My thanks to Graham, Station X, re: the sale of an Eddystone 898 dial drive.
The quality of the packing was superb and in my experience, simply unprecedented: triple boxed, no less! :clap:

Al.
June 8, 2016

ColinB 8th Jun 2016 8:05 pm

Many thanks to GMB for looking into the pictures that are the subject of my "Corrupt JPEGs" thread. Really appreciate the help :)

Ti Pwun 8th Jun 2016 11:51 pm

Big thanks to Jim (G4XWDJim) for the capacitor analyzer. Much appreciated.

Ti Pwun 14th Jun 2016 6:28 am

Thanks also to Mike (Dual Standard) for selling me his Advance signal generator. Works well.

Jon.

Phil G4SPZ 15th Jun 2016 10:03 pm

I'd like to thank Chris (Herald 1360) for selling me a 25 watt Henley Solon in excellent condition, and posting it so carefully packaged :thumbsup: I'd been after another one of these for ages since mine burned out. Thanks Chris.

gary_crutchley 19th Jun 2016 9:49 pm

I'd liked to thank everyone who once again helped out with our Portadyne 230 radiogram restoration. In particular Phil G4SPZ, Herald1360, Philips210, Station X, David G4EBT, UKCol, Techman, Nuvistor, Peter_sol, pwdrive, radio_dave, Edward Huggins, AC/HL.

I hope I haven't missed anyone.

Thanks very much all.

Regards,

Gary

camallison 20th Jun 2016 10:40 am

Thank you to Nymrod121 for the Gould 5V, 5A power supply that arrived this morning. It is already powering a current project, freeing up my adjustable PSU for other duties.

Colin