UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Equipment Transport Requests and Arrangements (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Southend on sea to Gloucestershire (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=147019)

electronicskip 30th May 2018 12:50 pm

Southend on sea to Gloucestershire

Would anyone be able to help collect some Heathkit tuners from Southend on sea and get them across country somehow to Gloucestershire ?
Thanks in advance
Richard.

Nymrod121 31st May 2018 11:07 am

Re: Southend on sea to Gloucestershire

If timescale isn't critical, I may be able to collect when next in Essex - followed by transport to Welland area (near Malvern) from which Staverton is not too far ... ?

Best wishes
Guy

pastyboy 31st May 2018 12:54 pm

Similar to Guy we will be in SOS in 3 weeks and take to mid Cornwall if you are ever down this way ?

electronicskip 2nd Jun 2018 6:26 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nymrod121 (Post 1048109)
If timescale isn't critical, I may be able to collect when next in Essex - followed by transport to Welland area (near Malvern) from which Staverton is not too far ... ?

I would certainly be able to collect from Welland , that's no problem at all , but as you say I'm not sure how long Terry will be able to hold them for me.
What sort of time scale are we looking at do you think?

Regards
Richard

Valvepower 2nd Jun 2018 10:14 pm

Hello,

Iím ok holding on to them for the next month and maybe a tad longer, anyway Pastyboy canít get here to pick up his B&O, NAD and Grundig kit until the weekend 23rd June.

The house purchase has hit a hitch as our buyer has been telling us big porkies and they aren't in such favourable the position as they said they were :angry: :wall:

Regard
Terry

electronicskip 3rd Jun 2018 5:03 pm

oh dear its a shame for you , it happens a lot but hopefully I will sort out something or at the worse some sort of postage etc

Valvepower 3rd Jun 2018 6:15 pm

Hello,

Last week I did have a chat with the chap at work who arranges shipping in the UK and we can get some very competitive rates at work so if the FCS draws a blank, I could get an estimate for shipping.

Terry

Nymrod121 3rd Jun 2018 8:20 pm

Evening gents,
Just to update you re. possibilities, my visit is subject to availability of my relative sometime between mid-end of June. If time is of the essence and there's a simpler/cheaper alternative, that's not a problem ... just let me know :thumbsup:
Cheers
Guy

Valvepower 8th Jun 2018 8:18 pm

Hello,

Well the house sale and purchase is back in track, all be it delayed a tad due to us having to find another buyer. the couple we are buying off were kind enough to hold on whilst we found a new buyer :thumbsup:

The way things are going the end of June is fine, in fact I canít see us moving for another couple of months, this will give me more time to shift more stuff.

Regards
Terry

electronicskip 9th Jun 2018 3:38 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nymrod121 (Post 1048916)
Evening gents,
Just to update you re. possibilities, my visit is subject to availability of my relative sometime between mid-end of June. If time is of the essence and there's a simpler/cheaper alternative, that's not a problem ... just let me know :thumbsup:
Cheers
Guy

That would be great Guy
When the time is nearer we will arrange something to everyones mutual convienience .
Thank you.

Nymrod121 17th Jul 2018 9:45 pm

(Mods, this one's done & dusted so it can be closed now :) thanks - Guy)