UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Vintage Television and Video (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Final Solihull Fling - 10th May 2014 - TV Junk Swap (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103578)

Mikey405 9th Feb 2014 3:56 pm

Final Solihull Fling - 10th May 2014 - TV Junk Swap

Hi everyone.

Final Solihull TV Junk Collection / Swap / Meetup - 10th of May 2014.

Mods - Would it be okay for this to stay in the "TV" section until the time has past please? :)

As I am finally hoping to make a suitable gesture to my current employer (of 23 years) and move back down to Devon later this year, I was wondering if anyone fancied a final fun filled TV-fixing fling in sunny Solihull before I am penniless and jobless.

As usual, it will be a bit of a free-for-all with swapping / giving away / picking up junk and anything else that is vaguely TV related. I can't promise the enormous pile of stuff like there was last year but it's always brilliant (but certainly not compulsory) if people can bring anything that they might like to get rid of etc.

There will be the usual bacon sandwiches in the morning, TV fixing and general chitter-chattering during the day with a pub lunch at The Drum and Monkey in Four Ashes Road and maybe even curry in the evening for anyone who wishes to stay a bit later. A good supply of components and spares will be on hand for people who wish to have a fiddle with TVs.

10th of May is well into British Summer Time (for what that's worth these days) and it should be light well into the evening. There will be a few beds / sofas / floors etc. available for anyone who wishes to stay over on the Saturday though. (And the next day is the NVCF which is about 25 miles away just a short trip down the M40.)

Thanks everyone.

Kind regards.

From Mike.

Hybrid tellies 9th Feb 2014 4:08 pm

Re: Final Solihull Fling - 10th May 2014 - TV Junk Swap

Sounds great to me Mike. Take it from me it's not all bad being penniless and jobless.

Paul Stenning 9th Feb 2014 4:36 pm

I'd love to come but it clashes with the Eurovision Song Contest which is a good night out here. It's also the day before the NVCF which is an early start for me.

Hopefully there will be a Devon one in due course.

Nickthedentist 9th Feb 2014 5:08 pm

Mike, you don't think your current employer might potentially read your post and anticipate your gesture, whatever that may be (!)? If so, might be worth editing slightly.

I don't want to sound paranoid, but this a public forum and many members (including you and me) are easily identifiable with a bit of very basic detective work.

Good luck with the fling - sounds fun.

Nick:)

line sync 9th Feb 2014 5:10 pm

Hi Mike
Count me in as coming along.
I had a good time last year and it was good to meet up with old friends and also put faces to user names.

Robin

threeseven 9th Feb 2014 6:17 pm

Wouldn't miss it Mike, it was a great bash last year and I've been looking forward to the next one! Such a shame to hear it will be the last :( With the NVCF it will be a super vintage tech weekend, and this time I'll have a TV to bring along to attempt to bring to life!

Tazman1966 9th Feb 2014 9:34 pm

Count me in Mike! I've checked with the boss (Mrs S :)) and all is okay. I very much look forward to it especially as I missed the last one.

Heatercathodeshort 9th Feb 2014 10:00 pm

I'm on my way...Great! John.

bobbyball 9th Feb 2014 10:05 pm

Hope to make it - due at the NVCF next day as well!!

Mike Phelan 10th Feb 2014 10:39 am

I'll do my best, Mike. We're off to IOW the following day so it's cutting it a bit fine but I've missed the last few and it would be good to meet up with old pals especially as I'll be missing the NVCF.

Devon meet, eh? Now that'll be something!

Dave Moll 10th Feb 2014 11:54 am

I must say that I am very tempted, especially by the offer of overnight accommodation to avoid a pre-dawn start for the NVCF the following morning.

neil29 12th Feb 2014 5:38 pm

Yes please Mike :thumbsup:.

Cheers
Neil.

thermionic 17th Feb 2014 7:24 pm

Hi Mike.

I was unable to make this last year, but I would love to come along this time. This will be my first time at one of your events, so you will all have to be gentle with me!

Cheers. Simon.

Hunts smoothing bomb 17th Feb 2014 9:34 pm

Hi Mike,

I'd love to come over, may I also reserve a bed/piece of floor?
I've just checked with the boss and she says it should be fine, she has to check the diary though but should be ok. Should be a great techie weekend.

Cheers

Mikey405 22nd Feb 2014 10:24 am

That's brilliant that people can come to Solihull. I think it will be a very enjoyable weekend with the NVCF too. Sorry you can't make it Paul but the Eurovision sounds fun too.

Thanks everyone - I'll put some more details up later.

Kind regards

From Mike.
Ps. Don't worry too much about the comments Nick - I think they already know. :)

Courtney Louise 22nd Feb 2014 10:32 am

Hi Mike, I had a wonderful time last year and would love to come again this year if you will have me :) I still can't get first light form my TV62 so I might bring that if thats ok?

Courtney

davidh1041 23rd Feb 2014 10:27 pm

Hi Mike, myself and Keith would love to come and see you again. See you on saturday 10th. Regards David.

Michael Maurice 24th Feb 2014 12:51 am

I would love to come, but May 10th/11th is incredibly close to the London local elections and as I'm a candidate, I will probably need to do some canvassing that weekend.

Hope you all have a brilliant time.

Michael

Mikey405 12th Apr 2014 4:49 pm

Hi Courtney, David and Michael.

Courtney and David (and Keith) - Yes you are of course all extremely welcome to come along and do bring your TV62 Courtney - I'm sure brains substantially bigger than mine will be able to help you out.

Sorry you can't make it this time Michael but good luck with your election campaigning. (Do you kiss any babies when you're out on the streets like you read in books Michael? Actually I might have only seen that in the Beano.)

Thanks all.

Kind regards.

From Mike.

AidanLunn 13th Apr 2014 10:09 am

It's a pity I'm working that weekend, I really want to come to some of these meet-ups.