UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Clubs, Groups and Societies (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   NVCF Warwickshire Sunday 12th May (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=155994)

Pamphonica 25th Apr 2019 12:30 pm

NVCF Warwickshire Sunday 12th May

The annual National Vintage Communications Fair is held at the Warwickshire Event Centre on the Fosse Way, just outside of Royal Leamington Spa

This is a reminder that it's just over two weeks away!

Over 200 stalls all indoors, huge free car park, full range of refreshments available all day.

See https://www.nvcf.org.uk for location/times/prices/info, etc. BVWS members get a £1 food voucher.

Here's a short video of the 2015 event as a taster, turn up your speakers and enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KofWfHXZWdo

If you haven't been before, it's got an enormous range of vintage technology on sale. Radios, TVs, Audio, Telephones, Vinyl, Record Players, Testgear, Parts, Valves, Cables, Collectables you name it!

Everybody's very welcome, see you there!

BVWS committee

Pamphonica 25th Apr 2019 12:38 pm

Re: NVCF Warwickshire Sunday 12th May

2 Attachment(s)
As usual Jeffrey, Brian, Chris and I will be running the Bring and Buy stall, raising money for the Dulwich Vintage Wireless Museum. I'm not sure where we'll be this time but most likely not far from the main entrance. If you've got stuff for the B&B and are queuing for general admission please try to make contact with us and we'll do our best to get your stuff on to the stall.

There are 2 ways to sell stuff on the B&B.

1: Donation with 100% going to the Vintage Wireless Museum. We like this because there's no admin for labels, lists etc.

2: Sales with 10% commission to the Museum. If you have more than a couple of items it helps us a lot if you can make a numbered list with prices (form below), and stick corresponding numbered price labels on each item. We then add a serial letter to each label number. We can do labeling/listing on the day but it really slows things down at busy times.

The B&B closes at 4pm just like the rest of NVCF. If you've sold anything you can collect the proceeds at any time. if anything you've brought remains unsold please remember to collect before 4pm. We don't have facilities to dispose of unsold items.

Here's the listing sheet if you have more than a few items.
Remember to label each item with the number and a price. Leave space before the number so we can add a unique letter to identify your stuff.

See you all there - not long now...

Jeremy

Beobloke 25th Apr 2019 12:47 pm

Looking forward to it!

electronicskip 25th Apr 2019 1:19 pm

I shall be there as usual.
Also looking forward to it .

vinrads 25th Apr 2019 7:15 pm

We have booked and paid for two tables , not received any conformation yet , getting a bit worried ! Anyone had the same problem ? Mick.

bobbyball 25th Apr 2019 9:44 pm

We have booked our regular two tables as well. As far as I am aware (my friend always does the booking) our tickets haven't come yet but I'm sure they will be on the way, they never haven't been before...

Dave Moll 25th Apr 2019 9:50 pm

I intend to be there - probably not before about 11:00 (to enable a not-too-unreasonable start from Cumbria). It also has the advantage that the queues have usually subsided by then.

Pamphonica 25th Apr 2019 11:03 pm

I am sure table bookings are all in hand and confirmation will go out next week. I will check with Greg anyway.
Original thread about bookings is here: https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=155586
- Jeremy

audiomagpie 25th Apr 2019 11:18 pm

Fear not, stall holder tickets and parking passes will be posted out over this coming weekend!

And we still have some stall space available, it's not too late to book: https://www.nvcf.org.uk/NVCF-2019.pdf

Look forward to seeing you all there...

NVCF organiser.

mark2collection 26th Apr 2019 10:23 am

Jeremy,

Pardon my asking, how do we 'play' the bring & buy? Do we show up nice & early before the general opening to load tables, or casually waltz in with our wares at any given (open) time in the morning? I've not done this before and we don't have enough items to justify our own stand.

Are points awarded for comic timing & flair(?) ... the image of Buckaroo comes to mind.

Needless to say, this weekend we shall be having a workshop spring clean with the great hope the items selected will be of interest to many, thereby helping the museum and giving other like minded folk a pleasurable day out.

Any advice gratefully received.

Mark

Dave Moll 26th Apr 2019 10:52 am

My understanding is that you present your items at the stall as and when you can, but the sooner they appear they greater their exposure to potential buyers; and that there is no early entry for doing so other than the premium-rate 9:00 entry.

Pamphonica 26th Apr 2019 10:54 am

Hi Mark, good question.
You cannot access the hall before entry time. A queue forms, mostly outside.
We usually try to set up a B&B booking-in table at the entry barrier so you can get stuff handed over even before entry time. Please get everything logged on a sheet and labelled with number and price beforehand, unless items are donations. We won’t have time to do lots of individual booking in before opening.
Once the event is open, anyone can drop by the B&B and we will be booking-in things in on the stand itself. Look for a booking-in sign on a pole. Form an orderly gaggle!
We made well over £1000 for the Museum last year. The funds are much-needed as there is still a lot to do to make the new display sheds safe and sound.
See you on the day. Workshop clear outs welcome!
- Jeremy

mark2collection 27th Apr 2019 9:00 am

Hi Jeremy,

Many thanks for the advice, I shall now make my way to the workshop and have an 'over-due' sort out.

Nothing too big or bulky for the event (just in case we have to bring it all back). With the exception of one item of test gear, the rest will be complete and where possible, tested.

Best regards,

Mark

harvestgold 5th May 2019 6:30 pm

I'm really happy that the bring and buy will be there as usual, otherwise, I wouldn't know what to do with the car load of (nice) stuff I've put aside! It's mostly for donation, but with a few items for sale to cover my entry cost :)

Previous years have seen almost everything I've sold or donated finding new homes, so fingers crossed for this time!

Neil.

KeithsTV 5th May 2019 9:49 pm

There is a cycle event around Birmingham on the 12th so if anyone is planning to come through Birmingham, although I wouldn't recommend it!, there are road closures virtually all day.

https://www.velobirmingham.com/the-route/road-closures/

Keith

Oldcodger 9th May 2019 10:04 pm

Add to last post, I'm seeing advance warning of road closures for that date in the Fillongley area. Velo is mentioned on the signs, so I'm assuming that it's cycle related. I've mentioned this in case anyone is looking to by pass Brum and get to the Leamington Spa via the A45/Fosse Way or A45/A46. I'd suggest heading on the A5 to about 2.8 miles past M69 to pick up the Fosse Way. Might be a B road, but it's an easy drive, dotted with the ocasional speed camera.

Dave Moll 10th May 2019 8:24 am

Thanks for the warning. The route I take is via A46/A45 from M6 J2 to the A423 and Fosse Way, though this route does appear to bypass the Fillongley area, so hopefully I'm OK.

murphymad 11th May 2019 12:19 am

Hi All,

The BVWS table will be along the wall by the cash office with the usual stock of high voltage capacitors.

A special NVCF 'one day only' price for Jonathan Hill's books - Radio! Radio! and Audio! Audio!

We will be operating a sales table for equipment from the BVWS store which will include lots of radios, record players, test gear, gramophones, phonographs, cylinders, 78's and a number of vintage TVs including a huge Pre-War Cossor combined TV and radio which comes with a spare tube!

I will be around these tables and the BVWS table most of the day so make sure you come and say Hello.

Mike...

60 oldjohn 11th May 2019 8:03 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphymad (Post 1144347)
I will be around these tables and the BVWS table most of the day so make sure you come and say Hello.

Mike...

Last year forum members met from 12 to 1pm near the entrance. How about this year?

John.

Oldcodger 11th May 2019 8:11 am

More on road closures and possible jams. I went to dogs trust (Honiley) yesterday and noticed a lot of warning signs up in the Balsall common area.
Dave -the website giving route is https://www.velobirmingham.com/
The route is in there somewhere .
that route does bypass Fillongley, but there's Smart motorway road works with the inevitable problems from somewhere like Corley services to J2. The M42 & M40 south will take you to the large junction outside warwick ( J15) .A452 will take you to B4100 , or alternatively carry on M42 to J13 . Fosse way is a B road, but it's a nice drive.