UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Clubs, Groups and Societies (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   BVWS Golborne Manchester swapmeet 3rd Nov (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=160699)

audiomagpie 21st Oct 2019 10:12 am

BVWS Golborne Manchester swapmeet 3rd Nov

Sunday 3rd November is the BVWS swapmeet at Golborne, just west of Manchester.

http://www.bvws.org.uk/events/locations.php

Doors open at 10 (stall holders 9.30). The usual variety of stalls selling vintage Radio, Television, Audio, Communications receivers, Test gear, Valves, Components, Spares, etc. Ample free parking, hot and cold refreshments available. The BVWS stall will be there selling the usual range of capacitors, Deoxit, etc.

If you have one or two items you'd like to sell, the 'Bring and Buy' stall is where you can sell them at 10% commission to the BVW&TV Museum.

The stores are bursting at the seams again, so there'll be a huge variety of bargains overflowing from the BVWS table, everything must go!

If you're not a BVWS member, why not come along for a sample visit? You'll be made most welcome and you can even take the plunge and join on the day if you like what you see! Credit/debit card payments taken at the BVWS stall.

See you there....

whiskas 21st Oct 2019 10:28 am

Re: BVWS Golborne Manchester swapmeet 3rd Nov

I will be there no doubt, looking forward to it!

Dave Moll 21st Oct 2019 10:34 am

1 Attachment(s)
Any items for sale on a 10% commission basis at the Bring & Buy stall will need a label giving the following information:
vendor's name
item description
price requested

Labels for completion on the day will be available at the stall, but if you wish to label items beforehand to streamline the "bringing" part of Bring & Buy, I attach a template for printing out.

If items are contributed as straight donations to museum funds, all that is needed is a suggested price.

In either case, please ensure that you collect any unsold items before you leave, as there are no facilities for storing them

Kentode 21st Oct 2019 10:35 am

I'll be there with a few items for the bring and buy stall (including Dave's heat shrink tubing) and a pocket full of money to spend!

Looking forward to meeting friends old and new...

Reelman 21st Oct 2019 11:34 am

I’ll be going as well, got to collect some spare TV valves.
Despite being quite a small venue it is always a good day out and the bargains from the BVWS are outstanding!
Peter

murphymad 21st Oct 2019 12:55 pm

Hi All,

The BVWS tables will be there as usual and I have a great pile of stuff to bring for the sales tables in the corner. Some of it is already loaded on the van for the trip up north.

Look forward to seeing everyone there again, its a cracking meeting and you also get to watch vintage TV!

Mike...

Ed_Dinning 21st Oct 2019 1:18 pm

Hi Folks, see you all there; I'll be badged as usual and will have various items for people.
Also ready to give advice on transformer and accept same for rewinding to save postage.

Ed

Richard_FM 21st Oct 2019 1:40 pm

I'll try my best to be there, I really enjoyed last year's event as it was my first I went along to.

Will anybody who went along to Mikey 405's event be coming along?

high_vacuum_house 21st Oct 2019 5:18 pm

Good evening,
I will hopefully be going along. Its a bit of a long treck from Rugby with the usual M6 issues though I have been to a few and I think it is worth the long drive. It is an enjoyable morning out. I have a few things for the B+B as well.

Christopher Capener

KeithsTV 21st Oct 2019 9:34 pm

I'll be coming along with my avatar badge but there's no talk this year, been too busy to prepare one.

Keith

stevekendal 1st Nov 2019 9:12 pm

I will there with my trash n treasure stall, ( if I wake up after the Saturday night gig). rockin till I drop :beer:

Kentode 2nd Nov 2019 5:57 pm

2 Attachment(s)
Items for the bring and buy stall: a Marconi T19A , with shortwave band, and a Rotel RT 320 tuner in original non-restored working condition.

Lidl shrink tubing, for people who couldn't get any!

Kentode 3rd Nov 2019 5:03 pm

Another grand day out! Nice to chat with some old friends and enjoy the television display.

Can we have the next episode of Doctor Who in April?.;D

Thanks to all the people (you know who you are) who make these meetings possible.:clap:

60 oldjohn 3rd Nov 2019 6:23 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kentode (Post 1188754)

Thanks to all the people (you know who you are) who make these meetings possible.:clap:

I would like to Ekco sorry, these sentiments. These events must take a lot of work and planning. Thank you to all involved. I always have a great time at the Golborne meet, with folk coming from as far away as Hasting and possibly beyond.

John.

Dave Moll 3rd Nov 2019 7:10 pm

I would also like to concur that it was a good'un, and thanks once again to the organisers. It certainly seemed busier than usual, and the throughput of items on the B&B was very healthy - selling just over £140-worth of items on a 10% commission basis, bringing in about £14 along with donated items and other donations bringing the total for the BVWTVM to just under £40.

Thanks to everyone for retrieving their unsold items.

In the odd rare lull in business I managed to have a bit of a look round and buy a few small items - small being the only ones I have room for.

audiomagpie 3rd Nov 2019 7:12 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kentode (Post 1188754)
Can we have the next episode of Doctor Who in April?.;D

Well there was also that famous Blue Peter episode playing when the elephant dropped some stuff on the floor that would be good for the roses!

Thanks to all who made the pilgrimage in thick fog this morning, it was a really busy do with many bargains to be had. And thanks to all who helped and made it possible.

The 2020 dates have now been confirmed: 5th April and 1st November

Look forward to seeing you there!

Richard_FM 3rd Nov 2019 7:19 pm

I had a good time & managed to pick up some interesting items.

Great to see some 405 line sets working, along with a SECAM / 819 set.

Hopefully I'll be able to come along to the next one.

Reelman 3rd Nov 2019 7:38 pm

Another good day out and after all the rain recently there was sunshine....... and some fog.
Thanks to the organisers for all their hard work and for those who brought me goodies.
Thanks to the excellent work of Dave Moll’s bring and buy I managed to sell another couple of VR102 valves with the prospect of further sales. Covered the diesel.

Peter

bobbyball 3rd Nov 2019 8:05 pm

Great event once again and lovely to see everybody.

Paul Stenning 3rd Nov 2019 8:17 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by audiomagpie (Post 1188796)
The 2020 dates have now been confirmed: 5th April and 1st November

Added to the BVWS website.