UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

oldticktock 25th Oct 2010 8:17 pm

The Thanks Thread

Just thought I would like to say a big thank you to forum member GrimJosef.

A silent stalwart of the FCS who has for the second time this year helped me along with many others, with many items.

His car is always bulging to the brim, also an even bigger thank you to Mrs GrimJosef for putting up with all the diversions and a car full of smelly old Tellys ;)

GJ is a modest chap and I hope he does not mind public praise, for without the efforts of people like GJ and other FCS helpers where would we all be. So I raise my :beer: to you GJ and all the other unsung helpers who support this excellent community service many thanks

Kind regards
Chris

Mikeymushradio 25th Oct 2010 9:04 pm

Re: The Thanks thread.

Seconded! Many thanks from me GJ.

Mike

PJL 26th Oct 2010 8:13 am

GJ, I can't thank you enough for the transport of the RA17L and delivering it to the doorstep is beyond generosity.

I hope I can return the favour some time.

Damo666 27th Oct 2010 7:56 am

@Moderators; Would you be so kind as to allow a sticky thread indicating thanks to the selfless members here that trade/bend over backwards to assist persons like myself here?
In my opinion it'd be a great addition to the already wonderful forum.
I've got numerous people that i'd like to thank, hence the post.
All the best,
Damian.

Tim 27th Oct 2010 10:25 am

Seconded

dallaslaff 27th Oct 2010 10:37 am

Hi, I agree with the point about the selfless help and advice given out by members of this forum, it is indeed praiseworthy. But, I think each thread can be ended with a thank you to the contributors, who are the people most likely to be following it. I'm a sad git who reads all of the threads/posts, even if they are outside of my interest area, a lot of people only browse specific topics. I just wonder who would look at this thread to find out who's thanking who and for what.
Just my two pen'orth.
Les

MichaelR 27th Oct 2010 10:43 am

Some forum software packages have a means for a member to send a thank you acknowledgement to another member. The acknowledgement appears in the area where the receiver's Avatar is displayed.

Regards,
Mike

Damo666 27th Oct 2010 10:44 am

Further to my post; I'd like to announce my thanks and gratitude to the following members; Richard, thanks for the honest and swift transaction re' my request on the wanted section. And finally - Jason Pero, for instructing me re' the tool I require for aligning a component in the Vintage amateur radio sub forum.
Without Jasons assistance, i'd still be stuck on square one.
All the best,
Damian.

oldticktock 13th May 2011 7:36 pm

Just wanted to say thanks to a whole raft of people who have provide all sorts of assistance be it with technical help, tracking and providing elusive items, data, equipment transports and general words of encouragement and even the odd kick in the pants when needed.

I won't name you all, you know who your are and how you have helped, my heart felt thanks go out to you all, a great community.

I hope to follow by your example.

Chris.

HamishBoxer 16th May 2011 10:56 am

My Thanks go to Jeremy and Chris for arranging collection/delivery at the NVCF on Sunday.

Regards David

MALC SCOTT 26th May 2011 9:01 pm

Big thanks to David Boynes (FERNSEH) for collecting a huge 25 inch Ferguson dual standard ctv for me from the NVCF. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

60 oldjohn 26th May 2011 11:41 pm

I would like to say a big thank you to Trevor and Dave moll for transporting the JVC videosphere for me to collect at the NVCF. Thanks again John.

GrimJosef 8th Jun 2011 9:51 pm

Just to say a public "thank you" to Doug_h for the TCC PIO capacitors which he gave away in this thread https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=70217 (now closed) and which I picked up today. I'm already matching some of them to projects I have in mind ;D !

Cheers,

GJ

davidw 9th Jun 2011 10:43 am

A BIG thankyou to Peter (Chaparel) in Germany who has kindly sent me the details I needed re my signal generator. Thanks Peter.

gezza123 11th Jun 2011 10:44 am

Hi,

I Wish to say a big thanks for the speedy supply of some valves from Pamphonica/Jeremy and the excellent service that he provides.

Thank you Jeremy.

HamishBoxer 14th Jun 2011 10:42 am

Think thanked one member already via PM, but thank you Trevor for getting the A34 to yours. Will certainly get it moved Sat.

Regards,
David

Station X 15th Jun 2011 8:05 pm

Thanks to Craig TriMan66 for transporting two radios from Durham to Cambridgeshire.

I understand that Craig has two other radios from the same source for forum members.

Cobaltblue 5th Jul 2011 9:25 pm

Speaker Generosity at WB

A few months ago Angela offered some speakers on the Forum see here
I am please to say that these proved very popular at the Wotton Bassett meeting on the Bring and Buy.
Many a set will have a nice replacement speaker through her generosity. :clap: around £30 has been donated to the museum to date. The exact figure is unknown as some donations made directly to Museum.
I think everyone would like to thank Angela and all those who made donations.
Have Fun :thumbsup:
Mike T

G4XWDJim 6th Jul 2011 6:02 pm

I think I should publicly thank Tuning Indicator for selecting me as the winner of the Bakelite Polish Raffle.

It's the first raffle I've ever won and I was a bit slow in noticing that I was the winner. So slow in fact that the thread was closed before my very eyes, hence my entry here.

Thanks again, it'll come in very handy with a grotty Phillips I must make a start on.

Jim

TuningIndicator 6th Jul 2011 9:22 pm

Very kind of you, to mention me in despatches.
Happy polishing!

theoldtrout 6th Jul 2011 9:45 pm

Mike, Thanks for picking up those loudspeakers and taking them to WB. I'm pleased they raised money for the museum. It was nice to meet you.

Angela

Cobaltblue 6th Jul 2011 9:51 pm

Hi Angela
I think it should be all us recipients of your generosity thanking you. ;D
Have fun
Mike T

Tazman1966 7th Jul 2011 3:57 pm

Pleasure Trevor and remember, if she gets stuck, you know where we are.

Panrock 9th Jul 2011 2:32 pm

A big thank you should go to Mike Barker, who has done a fantastic job rewinding the mains EHT transformer for a 1938/9 HMV 907 television. Incidentally this is not the same set as the one being featured in the BVWS Bulletin.

More at the bottom of THIS page.

Steve

ThePillenwerfer 22nd Dec 2011 12:31 pm

I just wanted to say a general Thank You to everybody for the help and support I've received since taking up restoring old radios earlier this year.

- Joe

Wage Slave 22nd Dec 2011 2:50 pm

I'd like to echo that as a very junior member of the site. The help and advice has been amazing. Many thanks to all those who have helped my stumbling progress. Looking forward to reading the new book which is sitting under the tree.

Paul Adams 20th Feb 2012 6:30 pm

Thank You Phil G4SPZ for the biscuits, it was a pleasure to meet you.

Paul.

Martin G7MRV 22nd Feb 2012 6:52 pm

Another vote of thanks for Phil G4SPZ, for the 6K7! My lad is suitably impressed, and is keen to take the completed receiver to school for a show and tell!

Down to me to finish it then i guess

Miguel Lopez 22nd Feb 2012 8:05 pm

I had not found this thread before.

I would like to give a huge THANK YOU to Andy (aka Dr Wobble) for his help and effort to get some parts (components) to me.

Also a huge THANK YOU to all of the forum members who has helped him on this. i.e: Station X, Herald1360, glowinganode, Jay_oldstuff, and anybody who I don't know yet.

To all of you: Thank you very much :thumbsup:

Miguel

glowinganode 23rd Feb 2012 12:14 am

Miguel, thankyou for reminding me of this post.
I'd like to thank WME Bill for sharing his vast library of test equipment manuals and putting up with my constant pestering.
Cheers mate.:beer:
Rob.

Paul Adams 24th Feb 2012 1:36 am

Thank You PMM for the replica instruction plate for the Model D, and the rivets.

Paul.

Diabolical Artificer 9th Mar 2012 3:53 pm

Re #34,

Here is a picture of all the parts that myself and forum members have donated. There are about 70 valves as well as resistors,capacitors etc. It may take a little time to get to Miguel due to the postal system etc. I would like to thank all forum members who have donated parts for their kindness. A

michael cumming 9th Mar 2012 5:55 pm

I would like to say thanks to two people on here: firstly to David Boynes for all the help an advice he has given and the odd torch battery and secondly I would like to thank Nick the dentist for that old LED calculator, all is working well 8-).

ThePillenwerfer 9th Mar 2012 5:59 pm

Thanks to Phil G4SPZ for the Avo Test Bridge data.

- Joe

percival007 12th Mar 2012 9:06 pm

Can I just say a Thank-You to pmmunro for the 'AVO Multimeter Survey' thread.

His/Her knowledge on the subject is quite staggering and never ceases to amaze me.

I regularly have a look through the thread for 'updates' and read with great interest the little snippets of information passed to members asking questions and/or giving details of their Meters.

James.

phasedout 14th Mar 2012 8:31 pm

A big thank-you to kalee99, for the radios a very much appreciated. Nice to meet you again.....Alan.:wave:

glowinganode 15th Mar 2012 3:49 pm

May I take this opportunity to thank Fred (Dodgy-DXer) for his kindness and hospitality during my recent visit to Dubai.
Rob.

robin coleman 16th Mar 2012 6:41 pm

A big thank you to Ed Dinning for the items he supplied me with to start my plug and socket collection. Also a warm thank you to the owner and moderators of this site for bringing like-minded people together.

Regards,
Robin.

Panrock 18th Mar 2012 2:15 pm

Thank you Sean Williams for carting a load of VCR97 and VCR517C tubes and EF50 valves to Wetwood, for me to pick up yesterday for free.

As a result... my dear old Argus televisor is now back in action again.

Steve

Sean Williams 18th Mar 2012 9:06 pm

Lets have a piccy in action then Steve!

Sean

Panrock 18th Mar 2012 10:35 pm

No sooner said than done! See the Television section:-

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=81446

Steve

David Pannell 19th Mar 2012 5:14 pm

I should like to register my appreciation for the repairs carried out by Forum Member, Ron Bryan, to my DM64 Telequipment storage oscilloscope.

I have had this instrument, along with its smaller sister, the D54 (non-storage) for many many years, when it began to drift out of focus whenever a signal was applied. No signal - razor sharp focus!

During a purely fortuitous conversation with Ron, I learned that he had experience with fixing scopes.

To cut a long story short, Ron fixed it perfectly in a short space of time, and I have to say I am delighted with the result. Further, he found a couple of other problems which he also fixed.

Once again, Ron, MANY THANKS!

Nickthedentist 30th Mar 2012 12:33 pm

Thanks to ppppenguin for sending me two Bulgin IEC mains inlets;

to Grim Josef for a mint AT6 template, a nice chat and lovely coffee;

and Herald1360 for a handy Sony circuit diagram.

The generosity of people here never ceases to amaze me.

Thanks Alanomt for kindly sending me an idler for my Garrard TA Mk II 8-)

Sean Williams 4th Apr 2012 8:01 pm

Thanks must go to Mike, Jeremey, and GrimJosef for helping rid me of 100+kilos of test gear!

GrimJosef 19th Apr 2012 7:19 pm

And thanks very much to you Sean and also to Mike (Cobaltblue) and Jeremy (Pamphonica) for the Heiden 30V, 10A supply. You described it I think as a 'hefty lump' and oh yes it is - 25kg and built like the proverbial brick outhouse ! It's a lot of psu for a tenner. And I particularly appreciate Mike's and Jeremy's efforts in heaving it across to me. I did have to hammer one of the chassis side-members and the lid itself square (well, roughly square) so I could get the lid to fit back on again. But despite that the unit came on as soon as I powered it up. Tests with a DMM and a scope showed the output was pleasingly stable and pretty well noise-free ;D.

There was one problem however. Both the voltage and current displays on the front panel were showing significant noise, about 0.4V pk-pk amplitude and appearing to oscillate at a few hertz. I wasn't too worried because the supply itself was working fine but it was irritating. I contacted Heiden but they have no schematics or manuals dating back that far (1988 I think). So I just had to start taking the thing to bits. Fortunately the problem was easy to spot. The arrowed component on the second card in (see pic - maybe some kind of clock crystal ?) had half fallen out of its sockets. Also a track repair on the first card had failed, although that might have happened during disassembly. Anyway I pushed the loose legs of the 'crystal' back in and resoldered the track bridge and all now seems well :thumbsup:. So thanks again folks !

Cheers,

GJ

michael cumming 20th Apr 2012 4:08 pm

I wish to thank two members on here and they are Whyperion and AC/HL Bill for the batteries they have sent me. Whyperion my 126 Ever Ready range is now complete and Bill thanks for that little Ever Ready 154 inner box. :clap:

Miguel Lopez 23rd Apr 2012 4:31 pm

I want to thank again to Andy (aka Dr Wobble) for sending me some valves that I need to continue learning about valve electronics. Now I have them in my hands and I intend to use them in some projects and experiments.

I also want to thank again to all of the forum members who had contributed with those components for me.

Thank you all. Bless you. :thumbsup:

robjkmannering 12th May 2012 8:52 pm

A big thanks to ReelToReel for allowing me into his workshop and taking some treasure home. Many thanks also for the radio that looks like it is a 3 valve + rectifier TRF.

Hope to see you at Arminghall over the Summer.
Rob

Cobaltblue 12th May 2012 9:24 pm

There are two forum members I would like to thank.

I would like to thank John 60oldjohn.

John not only collected a Cossor for me, he held onto it for several months. When I did finally pick it up I got a very enjoyable evening admiring his rather lovely and beautifully displayed collection.

I was was very impressed with the fine work he does in his restorations.

Unfortunately his internet has not been working for quite some time now, the good news is when he does return he will have no doubt done some more fantastic work.

Thanks John I hope I am able to visit again soon. :thumbsup:

Also I would like to thank Mike A, coil1234 for the Norbit module which arrived during the week and is a blast from the past.

Thank you Mike its a lovely item and will go with well with my semiconductor display. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Mike T

robjkmannering 14th May 2012 2:53 pm

Many thanks to forum member Danny who I bumped into at the local car boot and a number of very nice Roberts sets, a Dynatron Tourist, Decca TP88 and others changed hands.
Several red Roberts sets are cluttering the house waiting to jump out on my unsuspecting wife!
Danny also kindly put some sets aside for me whilst I begged my wife for more pocket money.

Regards,
Rob