UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

theoldtrout 6th Jul 2011 9:45 pm

Re: The Thanks thread.

Mike, Thanks for picking up those loudspeakers and taking them to WB. I'm pleased they raised money for the museum. It was nice to meet you.

Angela

Cobaltblue 6th Jul 2011 9:51 pm

Hi Angela
I think it should be all us recipients of your generosity thanking you. ;D
Have fun
Mike T

Tazman1966 7th Jul 2011 3:57 pm

Pleasure Trevor and remember, if she gets stuck, you know where we are.

Panrock 9th Jul 2011 2:32 pm

A big thank you should go to Mike Barker, who has done a fantastic job rewinding the mains EHT transformer for a 1938/9 HMV 907 television. Incidentally this is not the same set as the one being featured in the BVWS Bulletin.

More at the bottom of THIS page.

Steve

ThePillenwerfer 22nd Dec 2011 12:31 pm

I just wanted to say a general Thank You to everybody for the help and support I've received since taking up restoring old radios earlier this year.

- Joe

Wage Slave 22nd Dec 2011 2:50 pm

I'd like to echo that as a very junior member of the site. The help and advice has been amazing. Many thanks to all those who have helped my stumbling progress. Looking forward to reading the new book which is sitting under the tree.

Paul Adams 20th Feb 2012 6:30 pm

Thank You Phil G4SPZ for the biscuits, it was a pleasure to meet you.

Paul.

Martin G7MRV 22nd Feb 2012 6:52 pm

Another vote of thanks for Phil G4SPZ, for the 6K7! My lad is suitably impressed, and is keen to take the completed receiver to school for a show and tell!

Down to me to finish it then i guess

Miguel Lopez 22nd Feb 2012 8:05 pm

I had not found this thread before.

I would like to give a huge THANK YOU to Andy (aka Dr Wobble) for his help and effort to get some parts (components) to me.

Also a huge THANK YOU to all of the forum members who has helped him on this. i.e: Station X, Herald1360, glowinganode, Jay_oldstuff, and anybody who I don't know yet.

To all of you: Thank you very much :thumbsup:

Miguel

glowinganode 23rd Feb 2012 12:14 am

Miguel, thankyou for reminding me of this post.
I'd like to thank WME Bill for sharing his vast library of test equipment manuals and putting up with my constant pestering.
Cheers mate.:beer:
Rob.

Paul Adams 24th Feb 2012 1:36 am

Thank You PMM for the replica instruction plate for the Model D, and the rivets.

Paul.

Diabolical Artificer 9th Mar 2012 3:53 pm

Re #34,

Here is a picture of all the parts that myself and forum members have donated. There are about 70 valves as well as resistors,capacitors etc. It may take a little time to get to Miguel due to the postal system etc. I would like to thank all forum members who have donated parts for their kindness. A

michael cumming 9th Mar 2012 5:55 pm

I would like to say thanks to two people on here: firstly to David Boynes for all the help an advice he has given and the odd torch battery and secondly I would like to thank Nick the dentist for that old LED calculator, all is working well 8-).

ThePillenwerfer 9th Mar 2012 5:59 pm

Thanks to Phil G4SPZ for the Avo Test Bridge data.

- Joe

percival007 12th Mar 2012 9:06 pm

Can I just say a Thank-You to pmmunro for the 'AVO Multimeter Survey' thread.

His/Her knowledge on the subject is quite staggering and never ceases to amaze me.

I regularly have a look through the thread for 'updates' and read with great interest the little snippets of information passed to members asking questions and/or giving details of their Meters.

James.

phasedout 14th Mar 2012 8:31 pm

A big thank-you to kalee99, for the radios a very much appreciated. Nice to meet you again.....Alan.:wave:

glowinganode 15th Mar 2012 3:49 pm

May I take this opportunity to thank Fred (Dodgy-DXer) for his kindness and hospitality during my recent visit to Dubai.
Rob.

robin coleman 16th Mar 2012 6:41 pm

A big thank you to Ed Dinning for the items he supplied me with to start my plug and socket collection. Also a warm thank you to the owner and moderators of this site for bringing like-minded people together.

Regards,
Robin.

Panrock 18th Mar 2012 2:15 pm

Thank you Sean Williams for carting a load of VCR97 and VCR517C tubes and EF50 valves to Wetwood, for me to pick up yesterday for free.

As a result... my dear old Argus televisor is now back in action again.

Steve

Sean Williams 18th Mar 2012 9:06 pm

Lets have a piccy in action then Steve!

Sean