UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

RadioRentals 26th Jan 2015 12:19 am

Re: The Thanks Thread

Thanks to Harvestgold for his help in numerous repairs and tech support.

Jules.

paulsherwin 26th Jan 2015 4:10 pm

Thanks to Ken (Ambientnoise) for sending me a 64MB CF card for my new (old) camera. Just the job.

Ti Pwun 27th Jan 2015 11:47 am

Huge thanks to Jeremy (Pamphonica) for packaging up the 2019A Sig Gen and getting it up to me here - very much appreciated.

Restoration73 30th Jan 2015 12:48 pm

Many thanks to Rob (Crudmeister) for the excellent knobs.

dave walsh 30th Jan 2015 3:07 pm

Thanks to Peter [Reelguy] for dashing round to shower me with DVD recorders and a E55 remote for my existing emergency back up machine. At that point we discovered it was the same as not one but two remotes that I had already:-] [There is an explanation but I can't remember it]. Non-the-less his archive is keeping me going for the time being. I went back to full time reliance on VCR's for a week but it was hard work by comparison:wall:
Thanks again Peter-Bexhill's R to Reel Guru!

thomass 30th Jan 2015 5:44 pm

Thanks to Jeremy (Pamphonica) for the excellent HP 546A Logic Pulser.

Phil G4SPZ 2nd Feb 2015 12:55 am

Thank you to Bill (a.k.a. Batterymaker 1) who kindly produced a bespoke version of the Drydex H1044 HT battery cover and e-mailed it to me. I have just finished constructing the battery and I'm delighted with the result. This will be on display to the public in a museum.

Thanks again Bill :thumbsup:

Phil

Stockden 2nd Feb 2015 7:57 pm

Very many thanks to Tony (Greenstar) for very kindly passing on the Radiophile magazines that he received from Kalee20. It;s very much appreciated.

Hugh

Nymrod121 2nd Feb 2015 8:09 pm

Many thanks to Dylan85 (Paul) for making available the FM stereo educational/experimenter kit.

Many thanks also to sobell1980 (Dave) for FCS transport of said item ("door-to-door" service too :) ) from Bournemouth to North Worcestershire.

Much appreciated, gentlemen. :thumbsup:

Best wishes
Guy

HamishBoxer 4th Feb 2015 6:45 pm

Thank You Andrew (Pye405) for the 3V29 head etc that arrived today.

David

HamishBoxer 5th Feb 2015 4:07 pm

Thank You for the caps Rob (Crudmeister) no sooner ordered than arrived!

G4XWDJim 5th Feb 2015 8:01 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by HamishBoxer (Post 740822)
Thank You for the caps Rob (Crudmeister) no sooner ordered than arrived!

Ditto Rob from me. Good prompt delivery in a Jiffy bag that I can re-use.

Jim

Scurgeymoogar 7th Feb 2015 1:34 pm

Hi a big thanks to jon at Ti pwun who has repaired my Roberts R707. This man is honest and reasonably priced I would fully recommend him!

Chris

HamishBoxer 9th Feb 2015 7:16 pm

Many Thanks to Gerry (Gezza123) and brother Ray for going to the trouble to get the Ekco A28 to Glasgow safely.

David

SiriusHardware 11th Feb 2015 6:53 pm

Grateful thanks to electroanorak (Daniel) who sent me some MC1377P ICs despite Royal Mail's determination to misdirect them, which meant that he had to send them twice.

Daniel also included some spares, and refused to take anything for any of them - A real gent.

Phil G4SPZ 12th Feb 2015 9:52 am

Thanks very much to Jim G4XWD for the advice yesterday, and for the solder and capacitors, all of which helped me to complete the repair on my Trio communications receiver :wave:

crudmeister 12th Feb 2015 10:18 am

Thank you very much to Chris (high_vacuum_house) for dropping off the Dell base unit on his passing travels,. which is an additional great help.
I'm happy to report that the base unit now been repaired and seems to be working fine now that the faulty motherboard caps have been replaced with suitable new ones (Panasonic FM).

ScopeMonkey 15th Feb 2015 5:24 am

Thanks to Jeremy (Pamphonica) for his careful packaging and fast postage of the HP Current Tracer, and for including the service manuals with it - well done that man!

Ed.

_Clint_ 15th Feb 2015 10:42 am

Thanks to paulsherwin for sending me a network card, worked a treat :)

Thanks to David Simpson for the AVO Parts, exactly what I was looking for :)

robert.copley1 15th Feb 2015 9:50 pm

Big thanks to all the guys who answered my questions regarding the unusual Vidor battery record player.

Bob.