UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

GrimJosef 19th Nov 2014 11:15 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Let me say a big thank you to Steve (regentone001) for the deck he's let me have https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=111271 and also to Mike (Cobaltblue) who's diverted from his journey home to transport it across to me. Gents, I am very grateful :thumbsup:.

Cheers,

GJ

Ti Pwun 20th Nov 2014 2:12 pm

Many thanks to David (David G4EBT) for the various ICs. Very much appreciated.

G4XWDJim 20th Nov 2014 5:48 pm

Many thanks to John, Radiotechman for locating a missing R1155 component for me from one of his non forum member friends.

Jim

crudmeister 20th Nov 2014 11:07 pm

Thank you to all of the chaps who have been buying my surpluses.
I think we've all bought too much in the past and I'm very guilty of being a bit of a hoarder!
I try to price most of it pretty cheap so you fellas get to re-stock your drawers at a bargain price.

Anyway, this clearout is helping me undo a bit of that over-buying habit and is helping me make much needed space in my workshop, so I can get on with some restorations this winter!
Thanks, guys.. :)

Nymrod121 22nd Nov 2014 11:04 pm

Many thanks to Rob (crudmeister) for the TIP3055s. Fast despatch and very well packed - thank you :thumbsup:

ChristineBriz 23rd Nov 2014 9:10 pm

Many thanks to forum member theoldtrout for fixing the amp on my Grundig radiogram . Great service :)

Mikey66 29th Nov 2014 5:40 pm

A big thank you to Bill (AC/HL) for the valves for my little Teleton portable

Cobaltblue 29th Nov 2014 6:01 pm

Thanks to Steve (regentone001) for the two Regentone sets which are now with Barrie and he seems very pleased with them.

Thanks Steve!

Cheers

Mike T

Ti Pwun 3rd Dec 2014 11:39 pm

Big thanks to Rob (crudmeister) for the wire and the diodes.

Freya 4th Dec 2014 1:17 pm

A big thanks to Rob for his generous box of capacitors :clap:

Mikey66 10th Dec 2014 1:53 pm

My box of caps has just arrived so I would like to say thanks to Rob (crudmeister). A nice selection in there :thumbsup:

mole42uk 10th Dec 2014 10:08 pm

Big thanks to Rob (glowinganode) for an absolutely marvellous power supply. 500 volts at half an amp should be more than enough for anything! And so clean.....but so heavy!

Radio Wrangler 10th Dec 2014 11:12 pm

Rob, Crudmeister has excellent taste in components, and packs things very well indeed.

Thanks!

David

Nymrod121 10th Dec 2014 11:55 pm

Many thanks to Studio263 for offering me his Sony CCD-50E video-camera, complete with carry-case, operating manual and lots of accessories. All in excellent condition and this evening, Mrs Nymrod121 and I were able to play back tapes of family events that we'd thought were lost forever following the failure of our previous camera. Bless you, Tim :)

dave walsh 11th Dec 2014 1:52 am

Having read the previous post from Mr Elgar, I think I should formally thank Gerry [Gezza] and Jon [Jonster] who performed the same service for myself [even though I have mentioned it in the past]. Their generosity is much appreciated and like Nymrod, I only continue to be able to recover invaluable family archive material as a direct result of their help. I've met Tim and apart from being an amazing tech wizard, he is also a very generous and helpful individual. I'm trying, in a small way [like others] to maintain this ethos on the Forum. It's major strength I suspect;).
Dave W

turretslug 12th Dec 2014 6:14 pm

And another thankyou to Rob (crudmeister) for the excellent and eclectic recent offers of components, a great use of the forum's reach,

Colin

stumted2 14th Dec 2014 7:07 pm

Can I add my heartfelt thanks to forum member Mike Fulton for his very kind gift of assorted rubber grommets. Despite the fact that I wished to reimburse Mike for the grommets and postage, he refused point blank to accept payment of any kind, not even for postage and packaging.
His view being, that in the past, he had received help and parts at no cost to himself, from like minded forum members, and was continuing the tradition of repaying their kindness by helping me in the same spirit.
His only request, was that I too continue the kindness displayed by forum members, by trying to help others in the same way.
So once again Mike, a million and one thanks for all your very much appreciated help and kindness, you truly are, a star amongst stars.
All my kindest regards,
Ted.

mole42uk 15th Dec 2014 7:52 am

Many thanks to:

David (RadioWrangler) for the AVO generator
Rob (Crudmeister) for the capacitors
Fred (Little_Freddie) for the Marconi test set

Wonderful stuff!

Nymrod121 15th Dec 2014 10:11 pm

Many thanks to Nicklyons2 for the ILP toroidal transformer. This came along at exactly the right time - I'm building a dedicated 44.6v regulated power supply as a test rig to help in fault-finding on my HP8640B signal generator.
Cheers, Nick :thumbsup:

Ti Pwun 16th Dec 2014 2:32 pm

Big thanks to David (daviddeakin) for the electronics magazines and to Martin (martiR2R) for getting them to me. My son will be very pleased and I can't thank you enough.