UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Vintage Television and Video (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   2019 Solihull TV Junk-Swap and Get-Together (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=154124)

Mikey405 17th Feb 2019 2:47 pm

2019 Solihull TV Junk-Swap and Get-Together

2019 Solihull TV Junk-Swap and Get-Together - Saturday May 11th 2019 - Solihull B93.

Hi all.

I guess it's a bit early but I thought I would post here the details of the 2019 Solihull TV Junk-Swap and Get-Together in case anyone fancies coming along on Saturday the 11th of May (the day before the NVCF).

The format is pretty much the same as the last umpteen years: Turn up whenever you like (within reason and preferably after 08:00 in the morning) :) and enjoy fresh bacon sandwiches, coffee, tea, beer (if you're into daytime drinking), squash, biscuits, cakes etc. or whatever else you fancy from the fridge. Bring with you some TV related junk for the lounge and take away somebody else's TV related junk. In fact it doesn't even have to be strictly TV-related junk - old PCBs, books, magazines, components, TVs, Radios, VCRs, electrical junk etc. are all good. Anything really - other than perhaps the contents of your compost bin. Biscuits, cakes, pasties, tea, milk etc. are all welcome too if you have any spare for people to share during the day. If you have bits and pieces to sell then please do bring those too - but do put a price ticket on them so people don't just wander off with them.

There will be TV fixing in the dining room and workshop, loafing and chatting in the lounge and general merriment throughout the rest of the house. Lunch will be at about 13:30-14:00 at the usual place (The Drum and Monkey on Four Ashes Road, Dorridge) and evening takeaways are always popular too. Beer will be on tap for the evening session and there are a number of spare floors for people to stop-over if they wish (I'm afraid all the spare beds / sofas have been already spoken for). There are a number of establishments nearby if people want to stop over in more comfort until the next day before heading on down to the NVCF at the Warwickshire Exhibition Centre at Radford Smelley (near Leamington) a few junctions down the M40.

As always - Please do wear a name-badge with your real name and forum name on so everyone can recognise one another without those awkward moments where you recognise someone but are too embarrassed to ask their name. :)

If you fancy coming then it would be most helpful if you could put a post below so I can gauge numbers (and send me an email or PM if you don't know the address).

Thanks everyone.

Kind regards.

From Mike.

neil29 17th Feb 2019 3:18 pm

Re: 2019 Solihull TV Junk-Swap and Get-Together

Ok then Mike i'll pop along too..

Cheers
Neil.

linescan87 17th Feb 2019 3:37 pm

Count me in aswell please Mike, really enjoyed the last two I've been to.

Cheers, John Joe.

chriswood1900 17th Feb 2019 3:41 pm

Mike
Please count me in I will arrive late morning and bring some cakes.
Regards
Chris

Richard_FM 17th Feb 2019 4:02 pm

It sounds interesting but it's a way for me to go, though it's closer than a lot of other events.

I'll think about it & let you know.

alanmoore 17th Feb 2019 4:58 pm

Hello Mickey , I would love to come along ,as the past three I've been to have been great.
Really enjoyed myself .Just hope I can get the day off work .
Best regards
Alan

MonochromeMarc 17th Feb 2019 5:34 pm

Hi Mike,

I'd love to come down to good old Solihull again so fingers crossed I'll see you in May :)

Courtney Louise 17th Feb 2019 8:49 pm

Hi Mikey,

Yes please if you don't mind my company for yet another year....

Courtney

sexton_mallard 17th Feb 2019 9:21 pm

Hi Mike, Would love to attend again - and thanks for arranging this great event again!

high_vacuum_house 17th Feb 2019 9:51 pm

Good evening Mike,

I will try and come this year as I missed last years. Having a bit of a tidy up so could possibly bring a boot full of vintage things to give away/swap.

Christopher Capener

Nymrod121 17th Feb 2019 10:05 pm

Hi Mike - thank you & I hope to be able to come along.
Cheers
Guy

line sync 17th Feb 2019 11:26 pm

Hi Mike
Yes please I`d like to come along too.
Looking forward to it already.

Robin

Richard_FM 17th Feb 2019 11:46 pm

Checking my calendar I see I've already got something on the same day so won't be able to make it.

Hunts smoothing bomb 18th Feb 2019 11:35 am

Hi Mike,

Sounds excellent to me. I'd love to bag some overnight floor space if possible?

Absolutely love this event, especially as we have the NVCF the next day too so count me in!:thumbsup:

I will have a dig about at home to see what junk swap items I have to bring8-)

All the best mate.

KeithsTV 18th Feb 2019 11:40 am

Should be able to make it. Enjoyed last years event. I'll sort out some surplus items to bring down.

Keith

Mike Phelan 18th Feb 2019 12:32 pm

Hi Mike,

I probably won't make it unless someone can give me a lift down as I cannot drive till later in the year.
Shame, as Mikey's events were superb and I have been for a few years now.

Mike, I'll PM you.

ctc15 18th Feb 2019 11:34 pm

Hi Mikey
David and myself would like to visit the 2019 Solihull TV Junk-Swap get-together.
Thanks
Keith

Paul Stenning 19th Feb 2019 2:35 pm

Thankfully this year it doesn't clash with Eurovision (that's the following Saturday) so I should be able to come. I'll confirm and book somewhere to stay nearer the time.

The one I came to a few years ago was great. Really interesting to see old TVs being bought back to live.

Can you PM me the address please?

Tazman1966 19th Feb 2019 3:14 pm

Hi Mike.

If my rota doesn't change, then I'll be working on this weekend but will attempt to change my days off if possible.

Cheers Mike,

Tas

beery 19th Feb 2019 9:27 pm

Hi Mikey,
I would love to come. However, I would need a room and a lift to the NVCF as per usual.
Cheers
Andy