UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Bufo Bill 16th May 2018 12:47 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Thanks to all who patiently went through the saga of my Quad mono set up and my Regar planar 1 turntable with me. I have spent the morning listening to Pavarotti and Dame Joan, and look forward to Deep Purple in Rock this evening. Thanks to all who contributed.

Reelman 21st May 2018 10:38 am

A special thanks to David, Captainpugwash who has just supplied me with a loudspeaker cabinet and ‘speakers for a combo amp project. He spotted the fact that I was unable to collect a similar item offered by another member and so very kindly supplied just what I wanted FOC.
Thanks very much David, really good of you!
Peter

Nymrod121 21st May 2018 2:26 pm

Many thanks to Dave (ThePhilpott) & Han (Gwarpy) for kindly acting as "Forum Courier Service (Thermionic Transport Division)" re. delivery of some complex glassware to myself via an Essex-based relative :)

Thank you, gents! :thumbsup:

Guy

dave walsh 22nd May 2018 2:21 pm

Many thanks to Guy [Nymrod 121] in turn. After spotting my enthusiasm for the Genevieve film in the Trade Test Transmissions thread, he has sent me a presentation copy of the DVD free and gratis:thumbsup:

Dave W.

Cobaltblue 29th May 2018 8:41 am

Many Thanks to OldTechFan96 for the Henley Solon Iron from this thread.

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...t=Henley+Solon

It's the first type of soldering iron I owned aged around 11 or 12

I really like these little irons.

So It's very much appreciated.

Cheers

Mike T

Mikey66 1st Jun 2018 7:48 am

Thanks to Paul for the Denon speakers :thumbsup:

gezza123 1st Jun 2018 4:54 pm

Thank you to GroovyG for the plugs and sockets, that he sent me at a speedy rate.Top Man.:thumbsup:
Excellent service thank you GroovyG.
gezza123

HamishBoxer 1st Jun 2018 7:29 pm

Many thanks to Barrie 45 for the signal generator picked up today and to his very kind wife for coffee and biscuits.

Goldie99 4th Jun 2018 10:28 am

Many thanks to Richard ('Dickie') for the excellent copy of Horowitz & Hill "The Art of Electronics".

Alan

ukcol 4th Jun 2018 10:33 am

Many thanks to MurphyNut (Clive) for the scans of the A36 articles from Murphy News.

electronicskip 4th Jun 2018 2:48 pm

Many thanks to Kevinb for the PyeP31 Radio.

Murphy Maniac 4th Jun 2018 9:38 pm

Many thanks to Rob and family for running such an excellent event at Adlington yesterday. Fantastic friendly atmosphere and a very slick operation. Thoroughly enjoyed the day at this excellent venue.

lazythread 14th Jun 2018 11:19 am

Many thanks to TrevorM6TSE for the Realistic Amplifier and Tuner which arrived safely today :)

Horris 16th Jun 2018 8:20 pm

Many thanks to Simpsons and 1100man for arranging transport of a KB tv from Colourstar

Dave

llama 19th Jun 2018 6:07 pm

Many thanks to George (Buggies) for the Russell Hobbs kettle parts to repair the fault reported here:
https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=135758

Being from a soft water area, George's element was in much better condition than my calcium encrusted one so it's better than I could have hoped. So quiet and quick!

I've kept the original faulty switch and may try to dismantle it out of academic (& Forum) interest but it strongly resembles a round tuit...

Thanks again, George.

Sean Williams 20th Jun 2018 9:17 pm

Thanks to both Dickie, and Valvepower

Dickie for dropping the interstage choke off with me today - great stuff

Valvepower - for digging the part out, and arranging transport before I knew anything about it :)

Amazing stuff!

Steve_Bell 25th Jun 2018 7:15 pm

Thanks to Whiskas. Capacitor pack received.

electronicskip 26th Jun 2018 1:27 pm

A huge thank you to both Valvepower for the tuners and the surprise package he sent to me , plus a huge thank you to Nymrod121 for transporting them via FCS and meeting me today at the pub for a drink and passing over the tuners and also another surprise couple of boxes of bits from Nymrod.

bikerhifinut 26th Jun 2018 5:45 pm

Thanks to Tim (Studio263) for "fettling" my Mitsubishi tuner which is now working perfectly and for supplying a working example of the matching cassette deck.
Much Appreciated.

Andy

nutteronthebus 27th Jun 2018 8:42 pm

Thanks to Trevor for the DVD player picked up today on way to see my new grandson

Dave :beer: