UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio
Register FAQ Forum Rules Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Old 19th Feb 2011, 4:58 pm   #1
g4aaw pete
Pentode

Default Vibroplex spares

Two weeks ago, I bought a Vibroplex semi-automatic key at auction. The paddle had been repaired at some time & looked really Ďroughí. I contacted Vibroplexís US office & asked the price of a replacement. Scott, the companyís owner quoted $19 posted.
Having paid this small sum on Tuesday 8th Feb, the item was posted the following day, and arrived yesterday, 18th.

Now this, is what I call good service.
Pity all companies donít supply parts for their products so quickly.

Regards
Pete
g4aaw pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2011, 4:53 pm   #2
onewatt
Pentode

Default Re: Vibroplex spares

Hi pete,
That is a very good service. I have a J-36 I took apart to clean up (see pic) My problem is I've had a couple of pc failures since and the pictures I took to remind me how it came apart are not where I thought. I may give them a try to see if I can get some help.
I also have the usual curled up id plate which I want to straighten out if anyone has any suggestions.
Regards
Chris
PS it's looking like it may be wednesday to pick up the fl50 if thats ok?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	V55 001.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	47406  
Old 25th Feb 2011, 6:10 pm   #3
g4aaw pete
Pentode

Default Re: Vibroplex spares

Hello Chris

I donít know / havenít seen, the J-36
If this is also of Vibroplex origin, Iíd be surprised is you couldnít get some advice from Scott Robbins, who dealt with my enquiry promptly & also owns the company.

Iíve emailed you with regard to your pending visit.

Regards
Pete
g4aaw pete is offline   Reply With Quote