UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)
Register FAQ Forum Rules Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Old 8th Feb 2011, 9:38 pm   #1
andy_witr

Default BSR Turntable - Stuck start lever

Hi,

I have a Fidelity portable record player with a BSR turntable.

I've followed instructions from various youtube vids and forums and have dismantled as much as I can. Everything seems free enough except the start lever.

I cannot find where it might be stuck - any ideas?

The whole turntable will not come out from its casing so I am feeling underneath for anything you may suggest.

I'm gagging to get some old records playing again!
andy_witr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2011, 10:15 pm   #2
Darren-UK
Dekatron

Default Re: BSR Turntable - Stuck start lever

Hi Andy,

This will most likely be seized linkages and you will have to remove the deck. Usually these come out complete with wooden plinth. You may have to remove four screws and coax it out or, occasionally, two screws plus the baffle behind the loudspeaker. Which model is it? Fidelity cobbled together numerous models.

How are you managing to grope about under the deck if you can't remove it?
Old 8th Feb 2011, 10:22 pm   #3
ben
Dekatron

Default Re: BSR Turntable - Stuck start lever

you will have to clean the linkages with IPA and relubricate. I'd bet the area around the stepped speed change mech is the culprit. A photo would help!