UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Nov 2009, 12:17 pm   #1
mosfetmaniac
Tetrode

Default Leader LAG-25 Audio Generator

Greetings,

I have a Leader LAG-25 Audio Generator that I was given to have a tinker with which only partially works.

After replacing a faulty waveform switch and a couple of charred resistors on the output terminals I get an output, it's a little triangular for my likeing, but I'll address that later.

Square wave does not go at all but I haven't spent any time on that yet.

The main problem is that it seems to be outputting 1/2 the frequency that is shown on the dial, there appears to be some alterations to the variable capacitor with extra capacitors added and a change in layout.

Does anyone have a high res photo of the inside layout they could offer, in paticular focussing on the tuning gang area?

Regards,

Dave.
Old 24th Nov 2009, 9:12 pm   #2
mosfetmaniac
Tetrode

Default Re: Leader LAG-25 Audio Generator

Still looking for a pic if anyone has one, thanks!
Old 11th Dec 2009, 3:34 pm   #3
dr peppers
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Leader LAG-25 Audio Generator

See if you can get the service manual, and put everything back as it should be, sounds like the phantom has been poking around in there, and maybe connected the output to the mains or something.
Closed Thread