UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 31st May 2009, 4:01 pm   #1
DBA8484
Retired Dormant Member

Default LM Ericsson Bakelite Wiring Diagram

I recently acquired an LM Ericsson Bakelite phone (cream color). It's not functioning now since a number of the wires that connect the rotary dial to the inside mechanism have deteriorated and disconnected.

I am trying to locate someone who has a working version of this phone who might be able to tell me how to reconnect the rotary dial wires (rather than a hit or miss approach).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2088 reduced.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	25946   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2087 reduced.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	25947   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2086 reduced.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	25948  
Old 1st Jun 2009, 10:41 am   #2
russell_w_b
Dekatron

Default Re: LM Ericsson Bakelite Wiring Diagram

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBA8484 View Post
I am trying to locate someone who has a working version of this phone who might be able to tell me how to reconnect the rotary dial wires (rather than a hit or miss approach).
Attached is a cct diagram of the later (1968) Ericsson 'Dialogue' model, with a plastic case; it may be of use. Note that there are only four dial wires (unlike UK telephones which have five). I converted a 'dialogue' to BT plug - nice telephone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ericsson dialogue.gif
Views:	688
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	25965  

Russell W. B.
G4YLI.
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 12:42 am   #3
DBA8484
Retired Dormant Member

Thanks very much for the diagram. Will give it a try!
Old 24th Jun 2009, 7:40 pm   #4
taggers
Retired Dormant Member

I got my Ericsson running on two line wires (always been a bit suspicious of that), but it seems to work fine. Is there a circuit diag. pasted into the case?

If you want, I can open it up and relay what I did.

Then you can all point and laugh.

Here is the circuit diag. from mine. Apols. for the quality, it is the very best I can do.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...2_835991_n.jpg

I think they are rather lovely phones.

Chris
Old 5th Oct 2009, 7:45 pm   #5
Ronald1954
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBA8484 View Post
I recently acquired an LM Ericsson Bakelite phone (cream color). It's not functioning now since a number of the wires that connect the rotary dial to the inside mechanism have deteriorated and disconnected.

Hello.

I have some of these phones here in Holland. It's very easy to connect the dial. Let me know if the phone is working or not.

Ron.
Closed Thread