UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Dec 2013, 3:53 pm   #1
prajan
Pentode

Default Telefunken Concertino Stereo 2194

Dear friends

I am in the process of restoring the above set. I am in need of the top and bottom component layout drawing for the above set. Can somebody help me?

Regards

P.Rajan
Old 15th Dec 2013, 5:32 pm   #2
orbanp1
Heptode

Default Re: Telefunken concertino stereo 2194

Here is the service manual for the radio, but it does not have the part layout drawings: http://elektrotanya.com/telefunken_c.../download.html
I am sure that with the info in there you can figure out the layout.

Peter
Old 16th Dec 2013, 1:12 pm   #3
prajan
Pentode

Default Re: Telefunken Concertino Stereo 2194

Dear Mr. Peter

Thanks for your reply. I already have the service manual as given by you but I needed the layout drawings.

Regards

P.Rajan
Old 16th Dec 2013, 3:32 pm   #4
orbanp1
Heptode

I guess there are no published factory layout drawings. The manual shown at the RM site is identical to the one you have.
SAMS does not cover the radio either.
Looks like your best bet is to find some with the same radio and ask him to take pictures for you.

Regards, Peter
Old 16th Dec 2013, 7:02 pm   #5
bobbyball
Octode

I am away from home but I think I might have this model.

I will look when I get home.
Old 16th Dec 2013, 7:32 pm   #6
howard
Nonode

Hello,

Coincidentally I am restoring one of these, repairing its metal rectifier at this very moment. All that I am working from is the circuit diagram that came with the set which was tucked into an envelope stuck on the inside of the rear cover. I am not aware of any component layout schematics for this set, there are none in the Telefunken service manual on the RadioMuseum.

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/telefun...no_2194_1.html

Howard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0455.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	86930  
Old 16th Dec 2013, 8:58 pm   #7
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

...so best to make your own, Mr Rajan.

Take a good digital photo of both sides of the chassis, then print them with your printer set to its draft setting so you get a fairly pale image. Then get out your circuit diagram and a bright light to examine the chassis, and spend an hour or two annotating your photo with a fine pen, one colour for Cs, another for Rs etc. Not the most exciting job in the world, but it will help you no end in the long run.

Nick.
Old 20th Dec 2013, 8:00 am   #8
prajan
Pentode

Dear Friends

Thanks for all the replies. I can make the bottom side layout drawing which is not very complicated. But the top side is complicated and not easy to draw. Even the schematic is also not user friendly. Firstly it is in German language. Secondly they have used different types of notations. On one side the audio stage is a Push Pull amplifier and on the other side it is a Stereo amplifier. Only single ECL86 has been used for both the channels. The output transformer is also special and not simple to follow. The set in which I am working, some changes may have been done by some technician. One of them which I noticed is instead of 100Mfd filter condenser someone has replaced it by 47mfd condenser. So I suspect there could be some other changes also. Before applying power I want to be sure that all the components are in place and are of original values. Even a good photo of the top and bottom side could be helpful.

Regards

P.Rajan
Old 20th Dec 2013, 10:43 am   #9
Freya
Octode

Its audio section runs push-pull below frequencies of 300 Hz (in stereo mode). Make sure the Trimmer W66, is adjusted properly.
The output stage s in the set are a little unusual, and ECL86`s are easily damaged if the grid coupling capacitors are shorted.
#also note smoother C65 is 100uF and C66 is 50uF, it could be the 47uF you are seeing a replacement for the 50uF ?

Last edited by Freya; 20th Dec 2013 at 10:53 am.
Old 21st Dec 2013, 6:15 am   #10
prajan
Pentode

Dear Mr. Stephen

Thanks your reply.
1.There was a mistake on my part in noticing the changes done. The capacitor C65 100ufd has been changed by two capacitors each of 47ufd totaling to 94ufd which seems to be O.K. The capacitor C66 has been replaced by a 47ufd capacitor. But after rechecking I noticed that the capacitors C57 and C157 which as per schematic are 50ufd capacitors have been replaced by 100ufd capacitors. What will be the effect oh this? Should I replace it by 47ufd capacitors?
2. You have mentioned about the grid coupling capacitor to the valve ECL86. Are these the capacitors C58 and C154 of value 0.01ufd? If these are the capacitors then I will check them for any leakage when I apply the power.
3. Is the total value of the resistance W65+ W66 to be adjusted to 18K or the same value as W67-18K. Due to age there could be a change in the value of W67. So should I measure the actual value of W67 and adjust W66 so that the combined value of W65 and W66 is the same as the measured value of W67?

Regards

P.Rajan
Closed Thread