UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Jan 2015, 6:34 pm   #1
clksteve
Retired Dormant Member

Default Donasonic music centre.

Now as my stereogram seems to be a good working order thanks to you guys (pending a service), I have a query about a 1976 Donasonic music centre I have. Firstly, who's ever heard of Donasonic?? There's only one or two mentions of Donasonic via google and the web links are French. But any how, the problem is it only outputs through the right speaker. The output points are via phone/rca plugs and I've checked the connections and swapped speakers over and done the obvious stuff. Any ideas welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0101.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	103247   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0102.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	103248  

Last edited by AC/HL; 26th Jan 2015 at 2:43 am. Reason: Thread split
Old 26th Jan 2015, 9:55 am   #2
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Donasonic music centre.

Have you tried both the front and rear speaker connections? There's no doubt a 'front/rear - sometimes labelled a/b-speaker switch on the front panel, which could be faulty, or, if a headphone socket is fitted, there could be a problem with the contacts in that connector. If such a socket is present, try connecting a pair of headphones to see if sound is present on both channels. Sometimes a squirt of Servisol super 10 (or similar) switch cleaner cures faults of that type, but, failing this, it may be an amplifier fault. I've never heard of Donasonic either, but that MC looks very similar to others of its ilk.
Old 26th Jan 2015, 11:40 am   #3
peter_sol
Octode

Default Re: Donasonic music centre.

Have you tried putting the balance slider in the centre of its travel?
Closed Thread