UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Feb 2017, 10:34 am   #1
Mikey405
Octode

Default 2017 Solihull TV Junk-Swap and Get-Together - Saturday 13th May 2017

Morning all.

I wonder if anyone would like a bit of a get-together in Solihull and swap some of their old TV junk with other TV junk - and have a nice day with other like-minded folk. The date will be Saturday the 13th of May 2017 - the day before the NVCF (which is just down a few junctions down the M40). There will be components and all sorts of spare bits and bobs available - and of course junk-aplenty. (Hopefully.) Bringing electronic-junk isn't obligatory but it always makes for a good day.

Of course all the usual stuff will be present - Bacon sarnies, tea, coffee, cakes, biscuits, TV-fixing in the dining room and workshop, junk-swapping and chitter-chattering in the lounge (and other areas of the house and garden), a trip to The Drum and Monkey for lunch, beer and curry in the evening, and a few beds / floors / sofas in case anyone wants to stop over until the next day for the NVCF. There are also numerous B&Bs and Hotels nearby in case anyone wants something a bit more comfortable.

If anyone would like to watch the Eurovision Song Contest (which falls on the same day) then I'm sure we can hook up a TV aerial and pipe it through to a working TV in the evening. Perhaps we could even connect it up to an old projection TV and watch it in glorious 405 lines.

Please do let me know in a reply below if anyone fancies it.

Many thanks all.

Kind regards.

From Mike.

PS. Mods - Would it be okay if this is kept in the TV section - at least for a while anyway. Many thanks mods.
Old 19th Feb 2017, 11:06 am   #2
Colourstar
Octode

Default Re: 2017 Solihull TV Junk-Swap and Get-Together - Saturday 13th May 2017

Hoorah! Always the most fun weekend of the year.

Count me (and my junk) in!

Steve
Old 19th Feb 2017, 1:11 pm   #3
alanmoore
Tetrode

Default Re: 2017 Solihull TV Junk-Swap and Get-Together - Saturday 13th May 2017

Hi Mikey ,really enjoyed last years meeting , will do my best to get there this year
Best regards Alan
Old 19th Feb 2017, 2:21 pm   #4
sexton_mallard
Heptode

Hi Mikey, Would love to attend.

Less snakes...more ladders!
Old 19th Feb 2017, 2:38 pm   #5
System A
Pentode

Hi Mike
I'm sorry but I'm in York that weekend. I'm devastated but these things happen.
I'm sure you'll all have a great time.
Regards.
Gary.
Old 19th Feb 2017, 5:28 pm   #6
neil29
Heptode

Hi Mike, I might turn up if its ok as I have numerous bits and pieces to clear out and hopefully they will find new homes or if not then the nearest tip .

Cheers
Neil.
Old 19th Feb 2017, 6:26 pm   #7
TV_Madness
Pentode

Hi Mike

Count me in please! I missed last year due it clashing with my holiday, however all is clear this time around.

I have a few bits 'n bobs I can bring along too.

Vintage electronics, beer and curry are what I've always imagined heaven looking like

Matt
Old 19th Feb 2017, 6:57 pm   #8
Hunts smoothing bomb
Octode

Hi Mikey,

Sounds fab to me, how is the GEC 2028? I may just pop it in the car when you're not looking!!
Only joking

I need to see if I can swap with a colleague as I am down to work that Saturday but it should be fine, I'd like to book a space to crawl into and sleep at the end of the night too if I may?

Cheers Mike and speak soon.
Old 19th Feb 2017, 7:42 pm   #9
Paul Stenning
Administrator

I may be interested but will need to decide nearer the time.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 19th Feb 2017, 7:56 pm   #10
Courtney Louise
Octode

Hi Mike,

Khryssy and I would like to attend again if that's ok, Khryssy has offered her maid duties again too.

Courtney
Old 19th Feb 2017, 8:31 pm   #11
16dibbins
Triode

Hi Mike

I know I have been a long time 'lurker' but I would love to attend if that's OK? Look forward to it

Steve
Old 19th Feb 2017, 9:27 pm   #12
MonochromeMarc
Pentode

Hi Mikey,

Yes please I would love to attend
I couldn't make it last year as I wasn't feeling too well and boy did I miss all the fun and games
See you on the 13th May....Yeh !

Marc.
Old 20th Feb 2017, 12:07 am   #13
AC/HL
Dekatron

Added to the calendar, let us know if it changes.
Old 20th Feb 2017, 10:48 am   #14
Hybrid tellies
Nonode

Location: 1966-1976 Coverack in Cornwall and Helston Cornwall. 1976-present Bristol/Bath area.

Hi Mike
I would love to attend, can't think of a better way of spending my birthday
Old 20th Feb 2017, 11:27 am   #15
Hunts smoothing bomb
Octode

Yep, managed to swap my Saturday shift with a colleague so I'm in!

Looking forward to it, might even have some junk to bring along too for fixing and swapping!!

Cheers
Old 20th Feb 2017, 4:49 pm   #16
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

Count me in, Mike, if you've space for my camp bed on Sat night as per usual!
Old 20th Feb 2017, 5:10 pm   #17
Mikey405
Octode

Wow. What a lot of replies. Thanks everyone - That's brilliant. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone that can make it.

Gary - Sorry you can't make it on the day but have a tip top day in York. (Take a trip to the train museum - it's really good.)

Bill - Many thanks for adding the date to the diary. I will certainly let you know if the date changes, although I think it unlikely.

Courtney - Khryssy's very particular kind of glamour always goes down well and any assistance with tea duties are always much appreciated.

Paul - It would be great if you could make it again this year. I know it might clash a little bit with the NVCF though.

Mike - Your workshop floor and room is booked in for you.

Lee - Your 2028 is being pampered down in Devon and is going great-guns old mate.

Could I make my usual request that people wear name badges with their forum name AND their real name please. Not just for my benefit - It can be quite awkward not knowing that the person you've been shyly stood next to for two hours is someone you know very well on the forum but have never seen before.

Thanks all.

Kind regards.

From Mike.

Last edited by Mikey405; 20th Feb 2017 at 5:20 pm.
Old 20th Feb 2017, 5:15 pm   #18
chriswood1900
Octode

Count me in I have enjoyed the last few years events.
Thanks
Chris
Old 20th Feb 2017, 5:45 pm   #19
Steve_P
Dekatron

Can I come along? It has been a long time I know and I am looking at coming back if people will have me?

Cheers,

Steve P.
Old 20th Feb 2017, 6:04 pm   #20
petertheorgan
Hexode

Yes Please , I would love to come again ,,, is there anything that you would like me to bring for the kitchen ,,,,,,
Closed Thread