UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 26th Feb 2017, 3:00 pm   #1
radiolot
Tetrode

Default 30th May auction. Royal Tunbridge Wells. Wirelesses, TV's and parts -NOTE NEW DATE

Hi guys,

After a lot of persuasion from fellow BVWS members, I am carrying on with the regular sales at Royal Tunbridge Wells with C & T Auctioneers - glad I am as there will be over 150 lots of radio, tv, parts, valves, testgear etc in the 31st May Mechanical Music and Scientific Instruments auction.
More incoming soon as deadline is end of March. As ever, once I've ordered the sale and it's online, I'll post a link, rundown of the highlights and viewing details here. Some real gems are included. Going to be a big one, so get friendly with friends with vans.
Cheers
Laurence
Old 26th Feb 2017, 6:16 pm   #2
David Church
Banned

Default Re: 31st May auction with loads of wireless, tvs and parts

Good to hear - I picked up a few nice bits last time I will definitely try and make it
Old 3rd Mar 2017, 11:44 am   #3
radiolot
Tetrode

Default Re: 31st May auction with loads of wireless, tvs and parts

Hi Dave - good to hear. Don't forget there's a bar in the venue too - viewing with a pint in your hand makes the affliction easier to bare!
Old 3rd Mar 2017, 5:09 pm   #4
radiolot
Tetrode

Default Re: 31st May auction with loads of wirelesses, TV's and parts

Slight change of plan - THE SALE IS GOING TO BE ON THE 30TH MAY, NOT THE 31ST MAY. Admin - not sure if the banner to this thread can be changed. pretty please..
This date avoids a clash and we had to change dates at this early stage.
thanks
Lau
Old 23rd Mar 2017, 8:09 pm   #5
radiolot
Tetrode

Default Re: 30th May auction. Royal Tunbridge Wells. Wirelesses, TV's and parts -NOTE NEW DAT

Hi everyone,

Although the deadline of entries into the May sale is middle of April, I have now closed entries of wireless, television (pre and post war), antique and vintage telephones and telegraphy. Apologies to anyone who was waiting for the last minute. I'm now cataloguing for the November sale for the excess.
This 30th May sale to date has a HUGE selection of very interesting items. PX4 valves, pre 1925 US sets, Pre and post-war CRTs, early crystal sets to an Aurora convertor in box, it's all there.

I'll be uploading link to online version of the catalogue when ready (10th-ish of May) right here on this superb forum.

This is a sale you might not want to miss for several reasons...

cheers
Laurence

PS - I'm very grateful to Admin for changing this post banner - thank you.

Last edited by radiolot; 23rd Mar 2017 at 8:10 pm. Reason: vote of thanks to Admin
Old 23rd Mar 2017, 9:12 pm   #6
Al (astral highway)
Dekatron

Default Re: 30th May auction. Royal Tunbridge Wells. Wirelesses, TV's and parts -NOTE NEW DAT

HeyLaurence,

Please keep me posted. I'd love to attend this when i''m back on my feet!

Cheers
Old 7th May 2017, 3:16 pm   #7
radiolot
Tetrode

Hi everyone,

Been a busy week getting last of the catalogue ready.
Here is the link to the online version of the paperback catalogue which you can flip through using your mouse to turn the pages. Press print for your own home-print copy of the printed cat.
Viewing details etc all on first page. (top left catalogue icon 'Mechanical Music, Technical Apparatus and Scientific Instruments' 30th May.)

The full online version with all lots illustrated will be out tomorrow evening via Saleroom and I'll update link once on.

This is a multi-vendor sale with huge selection of pretty, useful and hard to find gear. If you have any questions, please annoy me directly.

http://www.candtauctions.co.uk/online-catalogue/

Enjoy.

Cheers
Laurence
Old 9th May 2017, 5:48 pm   #8
radiolot
Tetrode

And here's the full online catalogue link -

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...r?pagesize=240

The pics which need flipping I'm working on now, as it's just gone live.

To recap, the prem is 18% plus vat. If you solely use saleroom, there is an extra 3%. So come to the auction in person!
Old 31st May 2017, 11:47 am   #9
David Church
Banned

Excellent day at Royal Tunbridge Wells auction, and thanks to Laurence for keeping us in the loop.

I had some great bargains, spent a bit much on what I think was one of the best radios there, a Federal 59 (so Benita thought) and got the best deal of the day with the Federal 57!

Let us know when the next one's on Laurence as I’ve got a bit of spare room at the back of the living room
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	59.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	143638   Click image for larger version

Name:	57.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	143639  
Old 31st May 2017, 3:23 pm   #10
radiolot
Tetrode

Lovely to see you there Dave and our other friends.
It was good to end with a big radio sectioned sale.

Lau
Old 10th Jun 2017, 6:22 pm   #11
radiolot
Tetrode

This was the last such sale I did. A big thank you to all who bought in this large sale and for those who have shown support through these last 21 years.
I will miss doing them, but having done 43 of them, I am rather tired too.
Hope to see many of you at either Wootton or Harpenden etc.

Bye Bye.
Laurence
Closed Thread