UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Apr 2012, 10:28 pm   #1
RGD Dennis
Retired Dormant Member

Default Mystery radio

I was watching an episode of "On the Rails" tonight when the presenter visited the Great Western Railway Museum at Didcot.

He was shown over a Hawksworth coach which was built for use by VIP's and apparently used by General Eisenhower in the last war.

At one end of the coach and looking as if it was built into the panelling was a console radio like I have never seen before.

It is a seven waveband set with a row of push buttons and from the knobs and tuning dial I feel sure it is a Murphy.

I have never seen one elsewhere that looks anything like it and wonder if anyone else might have seen it either on TV or by visiting the coach.

It is certainly a very impressive looking set and I would love to know the model number and if it was ever produced for sale to the public.
Closed Thread