UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 16th Jun 2014, 10:46 pm   #1
Alistair D
Nonode

Default GranData

I received this email recently. It may be of some interest to members.

Dear Customers

We are proud to announce that the brand new 'Grandata' website is ready and live!

All the same retro and and hard to find part are still listed, over the next few months we will be adding lots of new products so please keep visiting.

We are going to be deleting all the existing customers details from our database, we would be grateful that when you return, you register your new details, this enables us to capture the most recent information about you. Please do this after the 13th June 2014

Ordering products will not be possible for another 10-15 days so please just bear with us whilst we do a stock take.

Lastly, many thanks for your continued support, we are the new owners and we ask you to be patient with us over the next few months so that we can get to grips with this business and provide you with an excellent service going forward.

Please spread the word!

Kind Regards

Part of Mojazzle Ltd

http://www.grandata.co.uk/index.php
Old 5th May 2016, 5:42 pm   #2
JimmyDeath
Pentode

Default Re: GranData

I finally got round to using Grandata for the first time since they were taken over by Mojazzle and the experience was awful. It goes like this:

On 5th April I ordered 20 transistors.
On 6th April dispatch was confirmed by e-mail.
On 15th April as they hadn't arrived so I asked for update.
On 16th April Grandata sent automatic response to say that it would take up to 2 days for them to respond.
On 23rd April I still had no goods or explanation so emailed Grandata again for an update.

I still hadn't heard from them by the 26th so I gave up and raised a Paypal case against them, and I have just got my money back.

All I every got from them was an automated response, I still have no idea what happened. Can't say i'll be a returning customer soon.

Of course your experience may differ.

Regards

James

Last edited by JimmyDeath; 5th May 2016 at 5:43 pm. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 21st May 2016, 8:35 am   #3
pastyboy
Hexode

shame if they are not on the ball, if it's the same company I used them from the late 80's for 20 years, mail order and collection of urgent bits from Wembley
Old 22nd May 2016, 11:38 pm   #4
Michael Maurice

Its not the same company that we used all those years ago from Wembley. They moved to Ruislip, they then sold the company. The new company started trading from a storage unit in Harrow.

A google search shows them to be operating out of a private house in Pinner Middlesex.

http://www.michaelmauricerepairs.co.uk/
Old 23rd May 2016, 6:01 pm   #5
Omegaman
Hexode

Looking at the prices they charge on their website, I wouldn't be surprised if they've gone out of business!

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson
Closed Thread