UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Jun 2006, 1:36 pm   #1
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

Default Aurora converter update

Darryl has released a minor revision to the new Aurora converter. The existing design has a timeout feature which puts the converter into standby if there is no video input for more than an hour. A few people have found this to be a nuisance, usually because they leave it switched on for long periods without a video input to generate a test card from its internal memory. The update makes this feature a switchable option using the one remaining DIP switch.

If you want to update the firmware in your converter I can provide that as a free service within the UK and EU. Those of you elsewhere in the world should contact Darryl directly.

It's not worth getting the update just because it's there. Only worth doing if the standby feature is likely to affect you.

I hope to offer an "on the spot" the service at Harpenden on October 1st. Otherwise you will need to get the converter to my house. If you are passing through Finchley you are welcome to drop in (please contact me first!) and you'll get a cup of tea too. Failing that you can post it to me but you'll need to pay for return postage. PM me for details.
Closed Thread